Anelka Linked to Juve (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
New deal ends Anelka saga

Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka has ended speculation over his future by signing a new four-year contract.

The France striker has been linked with a move away from the club after indicating he might be prepared to leave Sammy Lee's side, with several Premier League clubs prepared to move before the transfer window closed on Friday.

But the 28-year-old has put pen to paper on a new improved deal until the end of the 2011 season.

Anelka said: "I seem to have been linked with every club in the country of late but my heart is with Bolton.

"I am very happy with my form, the club and the manager so signing a new contract was not a difficult decision.

"Hopefully we will prosper together because I would not have remained at Bolton if I had thought we could not win trophies."

Anelka's decision is a boost for Sammy Lee ahead of the home game against Everton on Saturday.

Lee said: "We have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to get him to commit his long-term future to us.

"Nicolas is one of the world's best strikers and I am immensely proud and happy that he has shown such commitment to the club.

"It is also a boost for the dressing room because a team never wants to lose anybody of Nicolas' stature and presence."

Lee added: "This shows our ambition to be among the top clubs, not just in this country but across the world.

"Nicolas is one of the most sought after strikers in the world and I am delighted that he will continue to wear the Bolton shirt."

eurosport

Sep 1, 2007
Shame. He is really good. But probably not for a big club.
Nicolas Anelka is good but ask yourself this why has he been at so many clubs. Personally I think we should of bought Martins. I appreciate I'm not going to be popular by endorsing Martins but Inter were foolish to sell to Newcastle United. He needs a big club.

Dimitar Berbatov would of been a great target too.He also needs a big club.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
i think all the bad words about anelka are exagerated
his character is not that bad,has has never been caught doing anything bad unlike cassano and adriano

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
ppl stop creating threads for unlikely transfers - even if there is a source half the time it is the player's agent who creates a fake link to get a better deal for his client

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
ppl stop creating threads for unlikely transfers - even if there is a source half the time it is the player's agent who creates a fake link to get a better deal for his client
This thread was opened 3 years ago.But it should be closed because i think we`re not looking for stiker now and Nicolas Anelka has ended speculation over his future by signing a new four-year contract a week ago.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Anelka completely owns Cassano in every aspect of the game IMO
:agree:

Faster, stronger, better finisher. Anelka's a great player and I would've welcomed him here with open arms but I guess Ranieri and Secco preferred Iaquinta.

Time for this thread to get the padlock.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
anelka was and still is a very good player, even now for bolton he's scoring good goals, he should be at a top club, the only reason for getting him would have been if we didnt sign iaquinta, but we are covered in attack, though his pace would have been very welcome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)