Andy is no longer a moderator (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Thats what i am talkin bout.... There should be a set time limit for the members on this forum, so they can use the rest of their day to live a real life

Cant we all just get along..:disagree:
hahahha so true... i am fortunate enough to have a desk job. I wonder where some of these cats are all day.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seriously, why can't we get over this?

I mean why is all this tension over here? things weren't like this before.

Andrew resigned, he didn't want it anymore.....everyone should get over it now and move on instead of talking about the same topic over and over again.

And I agree with Martin, I don't think my broseppi is at a fault here...thats my honest opinion about this topic.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Thanks for the help in moderating, Andy. I honestly think this was a good decision for everyone involved.

Andy was put in a precarious position with his friendship with Burke and his responsibilities on the site that was not going to work itself out. (Burke, we love you and all :kiss:, but crossing the line for you is meaningless if there is no longer a line to be crossed.) And sometimes being part of the "establishment" doesn't exactly fit well with Andy's occasional anti-establishment persona ... so ... ;)

I think this situation was handled well and will be a relief to a lot of people -- Andy included.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Thanks for the help in moderating, Andy. I honestly think this was a good decision for everyone involved.

Andy was put in a precarious position with his friendship with Burke and his responsibilities on the site that was not going to work itself out. (Burke, we love you and all :kiss:, but crossing the line for you is meaningless if there is no longer a line to be crossed.) And sometimes being part of the "establishment" doesn't exactly fit well with Andy's occasional anti-establishment persona ... so ... ;)

I think this situation was handled well and will be a relief to a lot of people -- Andy included.
the press secretary has spoken :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
...well, just as long as the mods can call on Andy for his creative dress-downs of forum spammers/sploggers who occasionally appear on the site from time-to-time. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, here I am again, after saying so many times I wouldnt post again, I'm a joke a fool and what not. I already know this, it's been said time and time again, so no need to repeat yourselves.

But anyways... when I was mod I truly did try to do what was best for the forum, I, no disrespect intended, believe I probably did the most work on the forum and the most cleaning up, I tried to keep things under control.

Sure, maybe I was a bit strict at times, but I honestly did try to have the same criteria for everyone and perhaps took it a bit too seriously.

But noone could deny that I did my best and genuinely tried to keep the forum a pleasant place, but because of you lot, and because I very VERY rarely got support and backing from the mod team, it was impossible, starting with the whole Seven situation.

When you let people crosse the line so many times and bitch around when they get punished, eventually the line will get deleted and the people trying to maintain it will get tired of doing siziphus work and give up, and the forum will get completely out of control.

I believe thats what's happened here. A lot of people who constantly bitched to me about my moderating style now see it isnt as easy as it seems.

My 2 cents.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, here I am again, after saying so many times I wouldnt post again, I'm a joke a fool and what not. I already know this, it's been said time and time again, so no need to repeat yourselves.

But anyways... when I was mod I truly did try to do what was best for the forum, I, no disrespect intended, believe I probably did the most work on the forum and the most cleaning up, I tried to keep things under control.

Sure, maybe I was a bit strict at times, but I honestly did try to have the same criteria for everyone and perhaps took it a bit too seriously.

But noone could deny that I did my best and genuinely tried to keep the forum a pleasant place, but because of you lot, and because I very VERY rarely got support and backing from the mod team, it was impossible, starting with the whole Seven situation.

When you let people crosse the line so many times and bitch around when they get punished, eventually the line will get deleted and the people trying to maintain it will get tired of doing siziphus work and give up, and the forum will get completely out of control.

I believe thats what's happened here. A lot of people who constantly bitched to me about my moderating style now see it isnt as easy as it seems.

My 2 cents.
You exaggerated with "Seven"...thats why. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you can ban him for like 20times.

You did some cleaning....yes... but you took all this thing too serious, being a mod doesn't mean you should wear a "necktie". Obviously you were.

And had someone followed the rules well, I think you would have been banned way before Seven.

Just my 1cent.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Seven was banned a million times because he never served his ban but decided to sign up again and again and again, which is forbidden. A very simple concept that, surprisingly, a lot of people cant seem to understand.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seven was banned a million times because he never served his ban but decided to sign up again and again and again, which is forbidden. A very simple concept that, surprisingly, a lot of people cant seem to understand.
I know that. But your problem with Seven was more like personal.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
so andy is using the v-bookie thing as cover to make it look like everyone else is heavy handed and anally retentive. the fact of the matter is that some memebers of the mod team felt that burke should be banned for various comments made. andy always bailed him out when this happened and it was causing ill feeling. burke was again banned and it was then that jack discovered that burke was using andys account so he could unban himself, and also to see what the mods had been discussing in the bat-cave.
andy made a big song and dance about resigning and continually harks on about the v-bookie thing rather than the real cause.

why does all the good stuff happen when i am stuck at work and unable to access it??
woah! this is one for guido rossi to sort out :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)