Android (6 Viewers)

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
So what phone to get? No HTC and size does not matter. I am really thinking of the Nexus 6 but as it is now I think it is overpriced. And the thing is, I am not that in a hurry, I just want to see my options and take my time in deciding.
For cheaper option look at some of Xiaomi phones like Mi4. Excellent build quality, great battery and support.
Motorola is not that popular but have great phones. Moto X (new version) and Motorola Droid Turbo, biggest battery and build like a tank.
From Samsung there is really only one option Note4, maybe Galaxy Alpha if you like something smaller.
Sony Z3 Compact is great phone.
As you are not in a hurry wait until January when new models will be announced on CES.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I just broke my Screen for the 3rd time (Nexus 4) and i'm fucking tired of it,i want to upgrade my phone,but i don't have ide what kind of phone shouild i buy,today i upgraded to lolipop and boom :mad: !

I bought my father for his bd Nexus 5 and really like it,but i'm not sure if i should go for it too,i was thinking for Nexus 6,but it's kinda expensive and to big,my favourite phone Note 4,but it doesn't have Lolipop , so i really don't have idea what kind of phone shoould i get !

Any suggestion please Samsung,Nexus,HTC,Sony,LG and other Android Phones,because i never had any iPhone , thanks a lot :)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
What about the OnePlus? Does it come rooted?
OnePlus is pretty great but you need to get an invitation to get it from 100% legit source.

Personally, I own LG G2 and it is a wonderful phone with a low price as of right now. LG G3 is also a good option probably though I heard its performance is a bit worse than G2 because of the ridiculous screen resolution.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6,247
    What do you mean by invitation? and what is a legit souce? It is sold by an online supplier here, is it something I should avoid for some reason I am not aware of?

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    What do you mean by invitation? and what is a legit souce? It is sold by an online supplier here, is it something I should avoid for some reason I am not aware of?
    The only legit way to get OPO is registering on their site and waiting for an invitation. You get it on your mail and you have 24h to use it or to give it to someone else. The other way is to win an invitation is some contest either made by OPO or by some guys on the OPO forums. I have registered there in August and got an invitation in October. Details here -> https://oneplus.net/how-to-buy

Of course people are selling the phones on ebays and such but they are mostly second hand OR Southern Asian distribution which is a bit different then US/EU version and you will have trouble in case of warrancy issues.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    Does any one own an HTC m8 ? I'm thinking of getting it, and I was wondering about the battery life. I currently have a Samsung nexus and the only reason I want to replace it is the battery life (along with the fact it's slower now due to it being pretty old)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Does any one own an HTC m8 ? I'm thinking of getting it, and I was wondering about the battery life. I currently have a Samsung nexus and the only reason I want to replace it is the battery life (along with the fact it's slower now due to it being pretty old)
    I think that general consensus among the android fans is that HTC ONE M8 is currently the best phone available. I would guess that battery is better but I suggest looking for reviews. There are dozens of solid reviews for top phones.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    M8 has a shockingly bad camera if that's important for you. It is however the best looking android and quickest in performance in terms of real world performance. Otherwise go for the Z3 or Note 4.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    I'd like something smaller than that, a screen that is smaller than 5". Looks like Galaxy Alpha is the choice for me, but I've read bad things about battery life on that one.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I was thinking of getting the M8 as well, the battery life is average to a bit better than current phones out there from what i've heard but yeah as already mentioned the camera isn't all that great but still a decent phone none the less, I guess it depends on what you are looking to use it for other than for calling and texting. TBH i'd probably stick with getting the Samsung S5 because of the superior camera, speed wise it is slightly slower than the M8 on startup but thats such a minor for me or I hold out for the new Nexus google phone next year

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    I think that general consensus among the android fans is that HTC ONE M8 is currently the best phone available. I would guess that battery is better but I suggest looking for reviews. There are dozens of solid reviews for top phones.
    M8 has a shockingly bad camera if that's important for you. It is however the best looking android and quickest in performance in terms of real world performance. Otherwise go for the Z3 or Note 4.
    I was thinking of getting the M8 as well, the battery life is average to a bit better than current phones out there from what i've heard but yeah as already mentioned the camera isn't all that great but still a decent phone none the less, I guess it depends on what you are looking to use it for other than for calling and texting. TBH i'd probably stick with getting the Samsung S5 because of the superior camera, speed wise it is slightly slower than the M8 on startup but thats such a minor for me or I hold out for the new Nexus google phone next year
    :tup: thank you guys :beer:

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    I'm getting the m8, im sure the camera is fine. Not amazing, but fine.

- - - Updated - - -

The HTC one camera was pretty average but I loved that phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)