Android (11 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
:tup: What's the screen size? Is it 5" or more than that?
5.5! but the phone is only slightly bigger than a Galaxy s5! Its a beautiful Quad HD, no bezel screen

- - - Updated - - -

5.5 in a body of a 5incher!
Thats the maximum advantage this phone has, since all the new flagships are huge bricks anyway, at least this one utilises its overall size with the best screen/bazels ratio!
However the screen is heavily criticised than has less sun visibility and constrast than its predecessor and that the (completely unnecessary) 2k resolution is taxing the battery and the CPU+GPU combo more than it should, resulting in worse performance than G2.
Maybe the wisest move would be to wait for the Snapdragon 805 version...
I have yet to experience either issue, battery is freakin phenomenal! Yet the outside visibility is the same for me I dont see how they say its worse

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
PHone arena, GSMarena and the likes hammered it for that though.
I m sure most of them are in Apple's or Samsung's payroll, but it is also logical that some compromises had to be made to host such a high resolution screen.
The next adreno will be able to feel much more comfortable with it though!
One more amazing thing with this phone is its plastic cover that resembles metal.
The huge step forward is that it can take an SD card again!

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
PHone arena, GSMarena and the likes hammered it for that though.
I m sure most of them are in Apple's or Samsung's payroll, but it is also logical that some compromises had to be made to host such a high resolution screen.
The next adreno will be able to feel much more comfortable with it though!
One more amazing thing with this phone is its plastic cover that resembles metal.
The huge step forward is that it can take an SD card again!
All I can say is from my experience none of that is accurate. You're probably correct about the payroll as I read those accounts. The back is actually a thin thin metallic layer atop a plastic back. Most think it's straight plastic. It's not :) example on battery. Took it off the charger at 10 am it's now 1:30 I have emailed, texted, Facebook, taken pictures, gone online and downloaded some apps etc etc my battery is at 90%

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Best new droids going around now? I am in the market for a new phone. I was going to eventually get the m8 but the camera apparently isn't great?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's pretty solid imo. But if it matters that much to you, then yeah get something else. Nokias have pretty good cameras.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
2014 phones were pretty meh TBH, no big upgrades from their predecessors.

With the new 64bit snapdragon 810, I have read some interesting rumors about samsung s6 and sony xperia z4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)