Android (21 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
not an apple guy and wanted to try out the android OS too. Was looking at Samsung, Asus and Lenovo tabs but ended up getting the 10" Iota Tab by Matricom, an US company. Has everything you'll find in a 300+ tablet, tbh, and I got it for $144, including a $15 case. Pretty impressive tablet, I gotta say, and I simply couldn't justify it to myself paying 2-3 times as much for a brand-name with practically the same specs.
Main point for me getting a tablet in the first place was I needed an e-reader. So, can't say I care about any fancy apps even if that no longer seems to be an issue with android anyway.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
not an apple guy and wanted to try out the android OS too. Was looking at Samsung, Asus and Lenovo tabs but ended up getting the 10" Iota Tab by Matricom, an US company. Has everything you'll find in a 300+ tablet, tbh, and I got it for $144, including a $15 case. Pretty impressive tablet, I gotta say, and I simply couldn't justify it to myself paying 2-3 times as much for a brand-name with practically the same specs.
Main point for me getting a tablet in the first place was I needed an e-reader. So, can't say I care about any fancy apps even if that no longer seems to be an issue with android anyway.
Very cool! thats a great deal man! if it suits your needs than thats all that matters

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
You got a tablet as an e-reader? Why not a kindle? I got one recently and it's awesome. I actually read a book for my first time in years due to it.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
You got a tablet as an e-reader? Why not a kindle? I got one recently and it's awesome. I actually read a book for my first time in years due to it.
why pay virtually the same money for a 6" kindle paperwhite or whatever they call it when I can get a 10.1" fully functioning tablet, instead? I considered it but just didn't make much sense to me and screen size mattered too - I found even 8" tabs to be too small for my taste.
And the tab I got is way better than the Kindle FireHDX tab, especially considering it's at 1/3 of the price.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
It's a lot easier on the eyes imo and the battery lasts forever. Fair enough if you want a tablet so you can use it for other things but if reading is a priority, it's crazy how perfect the kindle is. It fits in your hand like a book, the text can be whatever size you want, and feels just like reading on paper. Plus it doesn't get hot when you use it for too long. All preferences I guess but for me the kindle pretty much serves the purpose of replacing books altogether and that's what makes it worth it. Plus the deals on books you get are a big plus too.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It's a lot easier on the eyes imo and the battery lasts forever. Fair enough if you want a tablet so you can use it for other things but if reading is a priority, it's crazy how perfect the kindle is. It fits in your hand like a book, the text can be whatever size you want, and feels just like reading on paper. Plus it doesn't get hot when you use it for too long. All preferences I guess but for me the kindle pretty much serves the purpose of replacing books altogether and that's what makes it worth it. Plus the deals on books you get are a big plus too.
I considered the kindle reader for the light-weight and long battery life but the major turn off was the screen - 6" is just too small and I need it to read scientific papers/texts with all sorts of images and graphs and whatnot. Not sure why they decided to go with just one screen size and a pretty small one at that. Older gens of kindle used to offer more variety.

Tabs don't last anywhere near as long on a single charge but with wifi off and some other tweaks here and there, it's still pretty good. And it doesn't get hot at all when used as an e-reader.
Was the best compromise for me with the added flexibility and the luxury of a 10" screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)