Android (18 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Thanks, i'll look into that.
If you are one to drop your phone a lot you might want to consider a phone that is not built with glass (Nexus 4 has glass on the back and front). That said I drop my phone a lot and I still ordered the Nexus 4 :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Neither is it sold in India. I'm importing it from the US.
Are you going to have to pay customs though, because that can get expensive?

My girlfriend is currently in the Netherlands so I forwarded it to her address so I won't have to pay additional taxes and customs. I only had to pay 25 euros extra on the Google play store price.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5,267

My girlfriend is currently in the Netherlands so I forwarded it to her address so I won't have to pay additional taxes and customs. I only had to pay 25 euros extra on the Google play store price.
    There are no extra taxes and customs within the EU.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    woot woot!

- - - Updated - - -

nigga link me!

- - - Updated - - -

Hopshopgo?

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a laptop couple of days back, a bit short on cash, need to wait for some time.

You can also get it from Europe, UK, Germany and France sell it from the Google store. I got mine from Germany.

Dec 31, 2008
    I have already dropped it several times. It survived without a scratch :)
    Good news :tup:
    You can also get it from Europe, UK, Germany and France sell it from the Google store. I got mine from Germany.
    Hmmm, some of my friends/relatives are probably coming here in the coming 1/2 months, I'm thinking of asking them to get me this one.

Seriously though not releasing Nexus phones here is really really annoying.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    In my country the Nexus 4 did not arrive yet, it is expected to arrive this month and as we dont have a Googgle play store, LG is going to sell it for 500-550euros.
    Next month the Sony xperia Z will be available here for 600-650euros.

Recently my primary phone had a screen issue and HTC will try to claim that this was because of humidity, so that they will avoid to replace it, since its under guarantee.
    So i cant wait fo ever, a decision must me made.

I was thinking to get a nexus 4 from England and have it sent to e, but the availability there kind of sux and LG Greece said that the guarantee wont cover it here...
    The total cost from bringing it from there would be 400euros.

The Z, is very resistant to humidity, its camera is far superior to N4's, it has a bigger screen and jumping from to 720p to 1024p resolution, it also has the missing Radio and SD card slot, the only problem would be the OS in a couple of year from now(and there are always the Cyanogens), but Sony said that it has a very light skin/UI and will upgrade way much faster than the previous ones (Galaxy S rate i guess).
    I dont trust LG, i think 16GB is too little, in the stadium i need the radio to listen to the speaker as i watch games and LG has he worst battery of them all.
    If the difference is only 50-100, i feel that i should not concede to the compromise. If i risk with the eBay, the difference would be considerable though.

What do you guys think?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    There are no extra taxes and customs within the EU.
    You don't say? :D

I know, I have a master's degree in EU law ;)

I was asking about his shipment, from us to India and commenting that I don't have to worry about that since I am having it shipped to Netherlands and not to Bosnia.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5,274
    You don't say? :D

I know, I have a master's degree in EU law ;)

I was asking about his shipment, from us to India and commenting that I don't have to worry about that since I am having it shipped to Netherlands and not to Bosnia.
    I thought you were still in Sweden.

Apr 15, 2006

It'll certainly be more expensive than the $349 the phone sells for. But considering it's widely rumoured that LG was gonna sell it for about Rs. 40k, it doesn't seem excessive. Including customs and int. shipping, I'll probably pay about Rs. 23k, which is lesser than what I paid for my Galaxy Nexus less than a year ago. :D

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Since I got it from Germany I've to pay the equivalent of 360 Euros. Since Nadeem's getting it, I'm gonna pay him 25k and call it a day :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)