Android (8 Viewers)

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Don't think you need to add them into your WA contacts. Just add them to your regular contacts, and WhatsApp will automatically check if their number is registered for WA. If it is, then it'll show up under your WA contacts list.
I see thanks sheik :)
now i get it why i couldn't find the add contacts button :sergio:

an other question Sheik
do you know why some contacts don't show up in my contact list after I add them
but if i go to call history they are there

Apr 15, 2006
I see thanks sheik :)
now i get it why i couldn't find the add contacts button :sergio:

an other question Sheik
do you know why some contacts don't show up in my contact list after I add them
but if i go to call history they are there
Depends on where you saved that contact and which contact source you have chosen to show in your People app. For example, if you create a contact and save it on your SIM, but you've hidden SIM contacts from your People app, then it won't show up there, but will show up in your Call History as CH looks for contacts in all sources(Phone, SIM, Google, Facebook, etc.).

Apr 15, 2006
i see thanks sheik
you are the android guru for sure :)
learn a lot today about my phone :)
Thank you, Janna. At least you appreciate my genius.
When you uninstall it refunds you :rolleyes:
Refunds are only for paid apps that are uninstalled within 15 minutes of installing the app. If you go past 15 minutes, you don't get a refund. Also, you only get a refund on an app ONCE. The next time you buy Tapatalk, NO REFUND.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,671
    Thinking of getting an Android tab for my mom. All she wants to do is check her email, but she's finding using a Windows and Internet Explorer too complicated. So hoping a tab would be much easier for her.

Thoughts and recommendations?
    Currently the Asus, Samsung 10.1 and Xoom are the top three Android tablets with a decent screen size. After a thorough comparison, I found the Xoom to be superior in terms of specification but it falls back in terms of thickness and weight. Even if the Asus has a pretty good performance and a decent price, I heard that the back lighting bleeds.

Apr 15, 2006
    Currently the Asus, Samsung 10.1 and Xoom are the top three Android tablets with a decent screen size. After a thorough comparison, I found the Xoom to be superior in terms of specification but it falls back in terms of thickness and weight. Even if the Asus has a pretty good performance and a decent price, I heard that the back lighting bleeds.
    Since this is for my mom and not me, I don't think weight and backlight bleeding should really be a concern. I just want reliable hardware with Honeycomb and a good price.
    Yo Dhee how do i install Indian fonts? Malayalam, Hindi etc.
    Not sure if they can be installed like an app. I think such things are implemented at the OS level. Not easy to do that stuff yourself unfortunately.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,674
    Since this is for my mom and not me, I don't think weight and backlight bleeding should really be a concern. I just want reliable hardware with Honeycomb and a good price.
    If you want a 10" tablet then buy any of these three, they have the same processor and RAM as well as the same graphic controller. I think one of them has allows a smaller capacity memory card but compensates that with internal memory. So all are fine, go for the best price.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,680
    Gonna have to get my Desire serviced cos the Menu button works intermittently after I dropped some beer on the phone. I hope they replace the phone completely. Would like to get a fresh one before stocks run out.
    Water damage is a no no for HTC, my Incredible S has been in service and now I get it back unrepaired unreplaced. They have an indicator inside the phone that turns red when humid leaks in. Once the indicator is red the warranty fails.

They don't repair either because they say that they cannot guarantee that they dry out all the damaged (wet) parts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)