Android (4 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/nokia-n9-first-hands-on/

I'm going to wait and see how nokia treat meego, if they drop it but with this new phone looks like they will treat it like there new flagship OS
Dude, Nokia is so fucked and so desperate that they teamed up with MS to push their shitty new mobile OS. That’s how bad its gotten for the Finns. They used to make great handsets in the early 2000's but then they fucked up by not advancing. I would even venture to say (Asif will love this) that even Motorola is a better mobile phone manufacturer than Nokia. At least they scaled forward and adopted Android which has saved their consumer mobile device division.

Mee Go will fail as will Nokia's partnership with MS. They need to saddle up with Android or prepare to go under or be bought out and have someone put them on it.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Dude, Nokia is so fucked and so desperate that they teamed up with MS to push their shitty new mobile OS. That’s how bad its gotten for the Finns. They used to make great handsets in the early 2000's but then they fucked up by not advancing. I would even venture to say (Asif will love this) that even Motorola is a better mobile phone manufacturer than Nokia. At least they scaled forward and adopted Android which has saved their consumer mobile device division.

Mee Go will fail as will Nokia's partnership with MS. They need to saddle up with Android or prepare to go under or be bought out and have someone put them on it.
:touched:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
But I really meant what I said about Moto being superior to Nokia. I used to be the biggest Nokia proponent until they decided to run forward with Symbian and produce more stupid phones like the N-Series. They are in some serious shit and if they don't switch to Android then they will be bought out, gutted thoroughly and be forced to switch to Android for the better.

I really don't want to see them taken over by another company. Nokia did so much for the consumer mobile market but the fact is that they have completely lost market share in the western hemisphere and are following suit in the rest of the world. Symbian was great in the early 2000's but even companies like SE and Samsung cut ties with that dying OS and have moved on to make great next gen handsets.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Agree with everything you said. They got stuck in the past and what was worse was that they were not willing to accept it. I can see Microsoft buying them out and the eventually sucking hard. Even though I do think that Windows Mobile 7 has some good features going for it.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Dru, Nokia is still Nokia. There are people there who think about Nokia for cell phones, like people think about Windows for OS; meaning every cell phone is a Nokia. It'll be a long time, years certainly, before people stop swearing by Nokia and for Nokia to get into a position to be bought by someone else....they're just too big.

I agree it was a wrong move on Symbian and on MS, but they're still Nokia and if anyone can afford to make such a wrong choice, it's them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)