Android (12 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I bought a samsung galaxy 5

Worst phone ever, please tell me that the OS on that is a piss take of what Android can really do.
That's possibly the worst phone Samsung ever made. The Wave series included. Why would you buy this pile of crap anyway? Unless you got it as a gift you've no excuse :disagree:

Anyone into games?

Cut the rope now is there for Android too ! It's such a fun and beautiful game, give it a try :
http://www.intomobile.com/2011/06/25/cut-rope-android-out-available-exclusively-getjar/
Yup, loved this one since my iPhone days. Read about it 2 days ago being available for Android but didn't have the time to check it out yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Is GPS service on htc desire free and unlimited ? I don't know why my GPS is not working anymore, my mobile network also stop working with it but I found out that the antivirus is blocking its connection. but still don't know why my gps is not working, the icon apears and keep blinking but it can't find me in google map or anywhere else like it used to.

any idea?

Apr 15, 2006
First of all, I really don't think you need an anti-virus program on your phone.

Second, all GPS tracking is free. The GPS radio connects directly to satellites. BUT, if you have a mobile internet connection, the GPS uses the cell tower co-ordinates to pin-point your location quickly. So THAT uses some bandwidth, and costs you some moolah. But tracking your location using GPS only and not using internet(mobile or wifi) will take a long time. Close to 15 mins even. I don't recommend that.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
First of all, I really don't think you need an anti-virus program on your phone.

Second, all GPS tracking is free. The GPS radio connects directly to satellites. BUT, if you have a mobile internet connection, the GPS uses the cell tower co-ordinates to pin-point your location quickly. So THAT uses some bandwidth, and costs you some moolah. But tracking your location using GPS only and not using internet(mobile or wifi) will take a long time. Close to 15 mins even. I don't recommend that.

yea I deleted the antivirus, it didnt seems its doing anything special there :D

Aha, I think thats the problem, because the last time I used GPS and mobile internet together It charge me some credit on my phone which was more than what i expected, I thought the internet usage is just for downloading maps and stuff and start trying to use the GPS without Internet , but now I get it.

Thanks Sheik :tup:

Apr 15, 2006
yea I deleted the antivirus, it didnt seems its doing anything special there :D

Aha, I think thats the problem, because the last time I used GPS and mobile internet together It charge me some credit on my phone which was more than what i expected, I thought the internet usage is just for downloading maps and stuff and start trying to use the GPS without Internet , but now I get it.

Thanks Sheik :tup:
The next time you're on a wifi connection, download the latest version of Google Maps. Using that, you can download the map area so that you can browse the map offline. I did it, and downloaded the map to my entire city, cos apparently my city is smaller than a 10 mile radius. :D
Planning to buy the Defy next week. Asif gave me a :tup: earlier. What do you guys think about it?
What Dru said. Do enough research for other phones of the same price. Make sure you check some phones by LG, Samsung, and if you feel adventurous, Acer.

Dec 31, 2008
Why would you willingly purchase a Motorola handset?

For the same or less price you can get a far superior android device
I liked the sturdiness of the phone. Any suggestions about phones in that range?
What Dru said. Do enough research for other phones of the same price. Make sure you check some phones by LG, Samsung, and if you feel adventurous, Acer.
The good Samsung phones i checked were a bit more expensive than Defy. Any website where i can check the phones in that range?

Apr 15, 2006
Personally, I think Android is better enjoyed on a bigger screen rather the screen on mini phones. The display clarity and quality takes a big hit with mini phones. Get the original Samsung Galaxy S if available. Even a used piece, but not a Mini phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)