Android (6 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Ok, I just brought my first smart phone Samsung galaxy s2. Now I am totally lost there, any tips on useful apps and other need to know stuff? And is it possible to get a lot of good apps for free without rooting the phone? :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,962
    Most of the good apps are for free. Rooting does not allow you to get paid apps for free.

Look at the first few pages of the thread, you will see a lot of tips on applications.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Thanks, I'll do that.

Anyone can recomend a good navigation program? or program which would have good maps for trekking around europe?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I'm such a noob :p

Is it free? or does it requires constant internet acces and downloading data, because that would be extremly expensive?

Apr 15, 2006
    I'm such a noob :p

Is it free? or does it requires constant internet acces and downloading data, because that would be extremly expensive?
    The map itself would need a one-time download(at least for the regions you frequent), but Navigation will access the internet. I read that Google will update Maps to include offline navigation. Not sure.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Wait rooting will not allow me to get paid apps for free ?? WTH, so i have to pay for them now ?

I rooted my SGS and installed the lag fix on it. Now its as smooth and quick as any other phone out there imo. Fucking loving it now.I dont know why Samsung and Google did not push this update straight to the phone and people have to do it themselves.

Apr 15, 2006
    Wait rooting will not allow me to get paid apps for free ?? WTH, so i have to pay for them now ?

I rooted my SGS and installed the lag fix on it. Now its as smooth and quick as any other phone out there imo. Fucking loving it now.I dont know why Samsung and Google did not push this update straight to the phone and people have to do it themselves.
    :lol: You don't have to root the phone to install cracked paid apps for free. All you need to do is go to Settings, Applications, and enable 'Unknown Sources'. Thrn all you need to do is get the .apk file of the app you need to install.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    :lol: You don't have to root the phone to install cracked paid apps for free. All you need to do is go to Settings, Applications, and enable 'Unknown Sources'. Thrn all you need to do is get the .apk file of the app you need to install.
    I know that. I rooted my phone to boost the performance.

But If the phone is rooted, can you still get the cracked apps from applanet for example ?

Apr 15, 2006
    I know that. I rooted my phone to boost the performance.

But If the phone is rooted, can you still get the cracked apps from applanet for example ?
    Indeed. But Applanet aint working right now. Try visiting blackdroid.net.
    Wow look @that flashed cm7 and the dead spot in the middle of screen is revived... bur I don't like cm7 lol
    Neither do I. I'm addicted to HTC Sense.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,974
    A first rooting technique for the IS is now available :weee:

But I will wait for that a bit, I want to see how it goes for the beta testers.

And one more thing, after trying many internet browsers on the phone, nothing comes close to the smoothness and responsiveness of Firefox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)