Android (16 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Now I need a kick ass Juve wallpaper for my phone.

And did anyone find problems with syncing his google calendar with his phone ? I got a SGS and have this problem. I added the premier league season games to the one my computer (Juve's games weren't added) to test it out. But it didn't load to my SGS calendar. I forced sync it but still no luck.

Any suggestions for it or any other calendar app. I just want to have juve & maybe serie A games shown on the calendar while syncing with facebook.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Yeh ill have to look into it as well. Did a bit of research but no real solution yet.
Got pissed off becuz my friend has an iphone and had all his Manure games synced!

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,024
    Now I need a kick ass Juve wallpaper for my phone.

And did anyone find problems with syncing his google calendar with his phone ? I got a SGS and have this problem. I added the premier league season games to the one my computer (Juve's games weren't added) to test it out. But it didn't load to my SGS calendar. I forced sync it but still no luck.

Any suggestions for it or any other calendar app. I just want to have juve & maybe serie A games shown on the calendar while syncing with facebook.
    Yeah I haven't figured out how to get those additional calendars to show up on the phone. I'll need to do some research on it. Can't do it now though.
    Yeh ill have to look into it as well. Did a bit of research but no real solution yet.
    Got pissed off becuz my friend has an iphone and had all his Manure games synced!
    I have been on this subject ever since I got my first Android two years ago. Last I discovered was that Google has blocked syncing sport calendars wit the Android calendar. It is just annoying and we have to live with it because Google decided to do so.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

I have been on this subject ever since I got my first Android two years ago. Last I discovered was that Google has blocked syncing sport calendars wit the Android calendar. It is just annoying and we have to live with it because Google decided to do so.
    That is correct.

Nedvěd

I have been using Firefox for quite a while now. Dolphin is good too.
    For some reason I don't have Firefox, I can't find it in the marker. I think they don't support my phone (SE X8)
    I'm trying Miren Browser, it's smooth so far. I'll try Dolphin too.

And oh, I also can't find Google+ App in the market. Could it be location related problem, or that they don't support me phone?

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Firefox is supported by the x8, i had there, in x10 as well, but i had it unistalled soon after that. Its really buggy and laggy, too big for no good reason.
    I m a firefox fun for almost a decade now, but as far as the mobile version goes, it blows...

Try the HD dolphin, its everything the firefox should have been, it even has working add ons.
    But if you do use gprs, you better stick with opera mini, as you will pay a lot less, browse faster and wont have to compromise anything.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    Firefox had two updates since they first launched, the latest is designed only for 2.2 and up, hence people on Eclair can't see it no more.

Nedvěd;3139287 said:
    Best browser for Android 2.1?
    Opera is great. Super fast and full Arabic support (since you're still on Eclair you probably need that :D).

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,034
    Nedvěd;3139296 said:
    For some reason I don't have Firefox, I can't find it in the marker. I think they don't support my phone (SE X8)
    I'm trying Miren Browser, it's smooth so far. I'll try Dolphin too.

And oh, I also can't find Google+ App in the market. Could it be location related problem, or that they don't support me phone?
    Root your phone and install a custom ROM based on GB and you won't get the version restrictions in the market. It is not location related restrictions.

Apr 15, 2006
    Root your phone and install a custom ROM based on GB and you won't get the version restrictions in the market. It is not location related restrictions.
    I think it has more to do with carrier-related restrictions. Cos when you use Market Enabler, it effectively fakes the provider you're on; thus enabling you to access apps only meant for other countries.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    I think it has more to do with carrier-related restrictions. Cos when you use Market Enabler, it effectively fakes the provider you're on; thus enabling you to access apps only meant for other countries.
    Our carriers don't have those restrictions. They used to but not anymore. I can access all the market apps and games whether paid or free using any Jordanian carrier. I think we're the only Arab country to have this.

EDIT: UAE got it too.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
    Oct 16, 2007
    I think thats right, for example Market is Banned for Iran due to US political and economical sanctions of Iran, So I have to both use a vpn connection to change the IP ( I use US and UK's IPs mostly) and also I have to turn phone to Airplane mode because google checks the carrier too, If I don't do this it wont go to the market. Maybe you can do the same to fool google ? :D

+ Gingerbread is going to be released for Desire in 2 weeks. they said tests were successful and by the end of the month it will be ready.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Maybe this will help before the sync gets sorted. I use an app called fotmob soccer scores. You get the fixtures, table, livestock, news cleverly integrated into a fantastic GUI.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    No no no. I meant to say that Google checks which carrier and country you're on/in and filters the apps available according to that. It's not the carriers themselves doing the filtering.
    I understood that the first time sheik :D What I am saying is that Google give us Jordanians full access to the Market just like it bans it in say Iran. We used to have some restrictions 3-4 months ago but not anymore, we see the shit like we're in the states :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)