Android (15 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
The Moto XT720 is about 27k, and it's the latest model around here. Not sure of newer HTC or other phones. The HTC Legend is about 25k. Need to check Acer and Asus phones too. Oh, the Samsung Galaxy S is about 27k and is a VERY good phone, though it is bigger than an iPhone, and subsequently bigger than your face!

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
The original Droid is about 23k now. Its a better device than the XT720 just a little older. But like Dru said, if I'm getting a phone it'd rather be something new than an older phone for a few $$$ less...

Apr 15, 2006
The XT720 has an 8.2mp camera with 720p video recording. But I heard the camera performance ain't that great. I guess you can go for the Samsung Glalaxy S then. Top notch phone. EXCELLENT display(I had a hands-on with it), excellent specs. I just dislike the UI and the size.

If you're getting one from the US, then might as well get the HTC Desire.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
The XT720 has an 8.2mp camera with 720p video recording. But I heard the camera performance ain't that great. I guess you can go for the Samsung Glalaxy S then. Top notch phone. EXCELLENT display(I had a hands-on with it), excellent specs. I just dislike the UI and the size.

The camera performance on Android devices seem to be a bit cagey generally. And all the Motorola Android devices have shitty cameras. That said, I rarely use the camera on my phone, so its not a deal breaker.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
icεmαή;2656021 said:
The camera performance on Android devices seem to be a bit cagey generally. And all the Motorola Android devices have shitty cameras. That said, I rarely use the camera on my phone, so its not a deal breaker.
You probably shouldn't expect too much from phone cameras anyway. When I first tried the camera on my phone I couldn't believe how anyone could use that for anything. It's grainy as hell. If you downsample to about 1/3 the size then it starts to look like a photo.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
The Galaxy Tab looks like its gonna be a good device. I don't understand the need of a tablet, but it can be used as a good portable media player. Is there any other cheap PMP of a relatively large size with a great screen out there for a similar price? $500ish?

Apr 15, 2006
You probably shouldn't expect too much from phone cameras anyway. When I first tried the camera on my phone I couldn't believe how anyone could use that for anything. It's grainy as hell. If you downsample to about 1/3 the size then it starts to look like a photo.
:agree: The only camera phones I was partly satisfied with were Sony Ericsson phones. But I'm not excited about their Android phones.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
The Nokia N-series had good cameras for its time. I remember being impressed. I've a decent point and shoot camera, so I use that when the need arises. Which is rare anyways since I'm at home most of the time and do not have abs like Dusan.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
icεmαή;2656063 said:
The Nokia N-series had good cameras for its time. I remember being impressed. I've a decent point and shoot camera, so I use that when the need arises. Which is rare anyways since I'm at home most of the time and do not have abs like Dusan.
Imagine if everyone had a chest like Dusan's. It would be a different world. There would probably be no t-shirts.

Apr 15, 2006
icεmαή;2656063 said:
:howler:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
icεmαή;2654988 said:
How much does the Nexus One cost in the US?
i heard the nexus one was a huge dissapointment,go for the Desire

:tup: WHAT A PHONE:tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:
:agree: The only camera phones I was partly satisfied with were Sony Ericsson phones. But I'm not excited about their Android phones.
my mate just got the X10 mini.......how do i tell him its a birds phone?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly Asif, if you want a dope android phone then wait for the Lenovo LE phone. I think its either released or set to be released in China

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)