Android (7 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Have you guys checked out PingChat?

Free text/audio/video/images to iPhone, Android and Blackberry users. Get your friends signed up and save a fortune on SMS/MMS bills! Also supports group chat (I haven't tried that yet)

It gets even better - the Android version is better than the iPhone version because it allows you to sign up using your phone number and/or and a Ping ID, so people can find you with either one. It also allows you to link your PingChat contacts with your address book, so it displays people's names instead of their Ping IDs.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #765
    Have you guys checked out PingChat?

Free text/audio/video/images to iPhone, Android and Blackberry users. Get your friends signed up and save a fortune on SMS/MMS bills! Also supports group chat (I haven't tried that yet)

It gets even better - the Android version is better than the iPhone version because it allows you to sign up using your phone number and/or and a Ping ID, so people can find you with either one. It also allows you to link your PingChat contacts with your address book, so it displays people's names instead of their Ping IDs.
    Isn't gmail basically the same?

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    icεmαή;2641555 said:
    Google will be the new devil to whom you will sell your soul :agree:
    Google isn't Satan, they are the second coming here to rid the world of devils like MS and Apple... amongst others

I'd rather sell my soul to Google than to that Beelzebub known as Apple.
    I sold my soul for some doritos back in high school. But if I could then I would sell it to Google

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    icεmαή;2654988 said:
    How much does the Nexus One cost in the US?
    Ya Dheeraj is right

Its somewhere between $450-500 unlocked. But I'm sure that if you sign a contract and get it from a carrier then it would be at most $200. But even $200 is a lot for the N1 being that the iPhone 4 which is brand new is offered at $200 with new contract.

Apr 15, 2006
    I think he was planning to get the N1 from the US, so asked for the price for an unlocked one rather than one on contract.

Do you know anything about its availability in retail stores now? Cos I read that Google stopped manufacturing it and it's only available to developers now.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    That'd be around 30k without shipping. I'm not thinking of getting it shipped to India, rather getting it from the US via my friend's sister.

Sheik, what phone's do you get for 30k here? If it were below $500, I wouldn't have to think hard because we don't get anything as good for that price here...

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    You should get something besides the N1. Its a fantastic device but its nearly 6 months old and there better options for newer android devices for roughly the same of less amount of $$$

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    Keep me updated on the better devices in the market. I've time till the beginning of November before I make a choice. Your Motorola hate aside :)P) I trust your judgement regarding phones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)