Android (7 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I've tried all the three main launchers and I like the LAuncherPro and GoLauncher.

I really, really like the LauncherPro, its amazing, but the GoLauncher is fantastic too, much more customizable... but I still like the LP more. I wish it had horizontal scrolling of the apps tho, I find that much easier and more organized than the vertical one... oh well, maybe they'll put it in in the future.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The paid one let's you use built in widgets for gmail, calendar, SMS, etc. and resize the widgets, asking other things.
I really should buy the Pro one. But why not just keep the cracked one from Blackmart instead of buying it later?

Is anyone on here familiar with the SG2 yet? I'm confused about how what I can view horizontally. Videos seem to be the only thing I can make horizontal and even my Snes emulator won't run horizontally which is how it works on my friends androids and how I viewed it in its screen shots.

Zlatan, if you're having trouble organising your apps, you ought to get simi folder on your home screen like Gray showed a few pages back. Excellent way to find your apps quickly and easily.

Apr 15, 2006
I really should buy the Pro one.

Is anyone on here familiar with the SG2 yet? I'm confused about how what I can view horizontally. Videos seem to be the only thing I can make horizontal and even my Snes emulator won't run horizontally which is how it works on my friends androids and how I viewed it in its screen shots.

Zlatan, if you're having trouble organising your apps, you ought to get simi folder on your home screen like Gray showed a few pages back. Excellent way to find your apps quickly and easily.
Under Settings, go to Display, and make sure the 'Auto Rotate Screen' is checked.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Z, if you're into organising your app drawer, go to Menu -> Preferences -> General Settings -> Hidden Apps and hide the ones you don't use.

I hide the ones that I don't have shortcuts to on my home screen.

I don't use any of the LP pro version features, but I bought it anyway just to support Federico's awesome work. It's hard to believe that one guy can single-handedly outdo a whole company's work.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If you find it annoying to have the screen auto rotate constantly, get a power control widget like Widgetsoid that lets you toggle auto rotation, or if you want an even better solution, get Tasker and make it turn auto rotation on/off depending on the app you have open.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i actually don't see the point in installing a custom launcher for the sgs 2 since threw touchwiz launcher is quite fine and there is no need to worry about auto rotate because you can switch it in the drop down menu anyway

Inviato dal mio gt-9100 con tapatalk

Apr 15, 2006
Z, if you're into organising your app drawer, go to Menu -> Preferences -> General Settings -> Hidden Apps and hide the ones you don't use.

I don't use any of the LP pro version features, but I bought it anyway just to support Federico's awesome work. It's hard to believe that one guy can single-handedly outdo a whole company's work.
Indeed. Excellent work he did.

You know that he's re-writing LP completely to make it better, right?
:lol: Mate I'm useless without you.
If I got a dollar for every question I answered here, I could buy a Fiat Punto. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

I'm not really into have them specially organized, I just think its easier when to see everything and find what you want when you scroll them sideways.

BTW, why do you hide the apps you dont use? Wouldnt it make more sense to uninstall the ones you dont use (because you dont use them) and hide the ones that you have a shortcut to on the home screen (so that you dont have them in the app drawer again)? :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
i actually don't see the point in installing a custom launcher for the sgs 2 since threw touchwiz launcher is quite fine and there is no need to worry about auto rotate because you can switch it in the drop down menu anyway

Inviato dal mio gt-9100 con tapatalk

The drop down menu stays in the launchers as well (if you want to).

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
If you find it annoying to have the screen auto rotate constantly, get a power control widget like Widgetsoid that lets you toggle auto rotation, or if you want an even better solution, get Tasker and make it turn auto rotation on/off depending on the app you have open.
Mm I agree it is annoying. So with Tasker can I set auto rotation for certain apps?

Eh touchwiz is very good but ProLauncher is better from my experience. I prefer the apps menu and the dock is sexy and customizable. Either way, I can switch Launchers instantly if I like. No shit, I'm embarrassed for not having noticed that. I spent days using horizontal calibration not understanding what the hell I was doing :lol: I'm like the anti nerd it makes it so much harder to deal with this amazing phone.

Its difficult to express how awesome this phone is and I feel like I've barely discovered it yet. What's with youtube though? I was kicking on at a mates place and was trying to stream a number of songs but wasn't allowed. A lot of video's don't seem to be available on mobiles even though they're listed.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
BTW, why do you hide the apps you dont use? Wouldnt it make more sense to uninstall the ones you dont use (because you dont use them) and hide the ones that you have a shortcut to on the home screen (so that you dont have them in the app drawer again)? :D
Sorry, I should have said "don't use that frequently". There are some things I need to have installed like Rom Manager, but I don't use them often enough to warrant a place on my homescreen so I keep them in my app drawer.

Mm I agree it is annoying. So with Tasker can I set auto rotation for certain apps?
With Tasker you can do anything :geek:

What's with youtube though? I was kicking on at a mates place and was trying to stream a number of songs but wasn't allowed. A lot of video's don't seem to be available on mobiles even though they're listed.
Users have the option of not making their videos viewable on mobile devices, though they're not necessarily doing it intentionally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)