Android (9 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Who brought the drama to this thread? :sergio:

Guess. Dont worry Cronios, South Korea is not North Korea, so Samsung will be fine to do whatever they want. Besides, the article itself basically says its a non-story. Besides, Samsung already has it's own OS, Bada, but it's main source of income is Android, and as long as it stays that way they wont give it up. And it good for the SK government if LG and Samsung are doing well.

If that changes then they will, just like they did with Windows mobile and Symbian (their flagships were either Symbian or Windows mobile, such as the G810 at one time, then the INNOV8, Omnia I and II, etc).

So, Samsung and LG might create their own OS. But as long as they are making more money from Android it will be their focal point. When their own (or another) OS starts becoming more popular they will reduce their Android involvement.

Anyways, i think it's better for everyone if the manufacturers themselves dont have their own OS thats too strong. If you do, you'll focus and invest too much in it even when it begins becoming unpopular, instead of being flexible to go with the most popular platform. Thats what happened to Nokia.

So Android on Samsung and LG will be fine, dont worry.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The discussion started about the 3D screen and Optimus 3D and HTC evo 3D.
I said that its still early to pass judgement on them, i am not really impressed enough to make me buy a new handheld for that.
But as i traditionally buy my self a new mobile, as a present, for my name day at x-mas, i would fancy of a new 3D enabled and probably Android 3/4 mobile, but ideally made by Samsung, as they make the best 3D displays i saw and IMO their AMOLEDS are the only displays able to compete with the Retina display ( confirmed for the i5 as well)

And George told that, havent you heard, the Koreans are pulling off the Android plug and they might decide their flagships to carry new OSes from now on.
Then showed me some links with that story and told me there is a great issue about it.

I still believe that Android is destined to dominate, with or without the Koreans, but to lose Samsung flagships would be a great blow.
As Galaxy S2 is probably the best counter offer to i4, there is.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Dont worry, George is wrong. It wouls make 0% sense for Samsung to pull out of Android when its Android that has made them the second largest mobile phone company in the world. If they were to choose another OS they'd lose that place, as no other OS can compete with Android right now (other than iOS), besides, making a new OS takes years.

And the SGS II is not in the same class as the iPhone 4, its much better.

SGS II is in the same class as the iPhone 5 and SGS I in the same class as iPhone 4.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
The :sergio: was for me not remembering the phone I recommended to you. I thought you had a Desire when I recommended you get the SGS2. :D
Digging the Galaxy big time so far. One you figure it out its so customisable. The screen is huge and excellent and it runs very quickly so far. It did lag and freeze a bit though after downloading some suspect apps from Blackmart. I'm still not 100% sure what the difference is between a ROM and launcher is but what do you think is the best ROM for a Galaxy 2? With love.. Nenz :heart:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Digging the Galaxy big time so far. One you figure it out its so customisable. The screen is huge and excellent and it runs very quickly so far. It did lag and freeze a bit though after downloading some suspect apps from Blackmart. I'm still not 100% sure what the difference is between a ROM and launcher is but what do you think is the best ROM for a Galaxy 2? With love.. Nenz :heart:
A ROM is the whole software that runs your phone. Basically your Windows or Mac OS or Linux.

The launcher is what manages your home screens, icons and app drawer - your Explorer, Finder or Nautilus.

I don't have any experience with GS2 roms, but have a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1204

The popular ones (with the most views) are a pretty safe bet.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Hej, this is cool but will take some getting used to.

Any way to see new threads instead of only new posts in tapatalk?

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Got Snes Ex emulator but don't know how to make it run horizontally. Anyone have the app and understand how to change it?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Whats the best launcher you guys are using ? Pure Breeze was made for SGS bt sucks balls ( no background) and now am using ADW launcher bt its a bit slow. The Go Launcher has errors on my SGS and always force closes.

suggestions ?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Guys, I have a question about LauncherPro. I just tried it and it's great, however there is just one thing bugging me: how can I change the app view in the app menu from the scroll down list to the sideways scroll screens like the original launcher has?

I cant manage to find that option anywhere.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3,498
    Guys, I have a question about LauncherPro. I just tried it and it's great, however there is just one thing bugging me: how can I change the app view in the app menu from the scroll down list to the sideways scroll screens like the original launcher has?

I cant manage to find that option anywhere.
    Thankfully it doesn't exist. Who wants an iOS feeling anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)