Android (17 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Just got it, some quick questions. How do I know if i'm using mobile internet and not wifi, also If I download apps using wifi it wont take away from my monthly usage right? Any apps I should get straight away? Also must I access my apps from the market place thing?

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,386
    Just got it, some quick questions. How do I know if i'm using mobile internet and not wifi, also If I download apps using wifi it wont take away from my monthly usage right? Any apps I should get straight away?
    You see an icon on the notification bar that indicates if you are on wifi or on 3G

The four standing bars is Wifi, the one with E is 3G.

If you are using wifi it will not use traffic from the 3G.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    so i will use wifi automatically when in range and not 3g? Is there any apps I should get straight away? Is there any way to better sort out the apps? like games-whatever
    apps-whatever

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,388
    I use Apps Organizer to sort my apps and I have the widget in my Launceher Pro dock.

If you want a smarter home, you should get Launcher Pro.

If you want a better looking SMS client, you can get GO SMS or Handcent SMS.

Other than that, it depends on what you want, just ask and we can recommend.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Thanks ill start of with that :). I tried Launcher pro, it was nice but I might leave it as is for a bit. Which is apps organizer? Do i need antivirus? Perhaps a good browser?

Apr 15, 2006
    Thanks ill start of with that :). I tried Launcher pro, it was nice but I might leave it as is for a bit. Which is apps organizer? Do i need antivirus? Perhaps a good browser?
    I suggest you try Launcher Pro at a later stage. You ideally don't need an angry virus. I recommend the Dolphin Hd browser. Also, you should turn off GPS and wifi when they're not in use.

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    Anyone tried the game X Construction btw? Found it to be very amusing. :lol:

Are there any similar games? (I've completed all the bridges on both difficulty levels so now I'm bored again)

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,395
    Anyone tried the game X Construction btw? Found it to be very amusing. :lol:

Are there any similar games? (I've completed all the bridges on both difficulty levels so now I'm bored again)
    I tried it, it's fun.

Go for Marshmallows and Spaghetti, you will also like it.

Don't know if this has been posted but there's a new Android phone from ZTE coming up:

ZTE Skate:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/zte-skate-review-50002729/

It's probably going to be pretty cheap as well.
    I saw the Skate, it looks great and as you said, cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)