Android (25 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So Dolpin for browser? Whats opera and Mozilla like? Anything I can get to save battery? Thanks for the help guys. I'm really enjoying it so far, I will get Tapatalk soon..Need to burrow a credit card. I think my GPS is of as well BTW. Is it worth getting a sms app? Sorry, kinda new with this stuff.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Does it need to be rooted? What is the difference between pirate and not pirated? Anything?
No , pirated apps are just cracked apps. Once ther are are cracked they are "free" of course illegally. Not pirated would just be buying an app from the market store.

Apr 15, 2006
I like the stock sms app that comes with HTC.
If you don't mind pirated apps, you can always visit blackdroid.net or applanet
The stock SMS app has a bug where due to the timestamps of the texts, they are not displayed in their correct order. Of all the SMS apps I've seen, only Handcent SMS corrects this. That's the main reason I use it.

Salvo, get Juice Defender to save your battery. It really helps. And no, you don't need to be root to install hacked\pirated apps. Just go to Settings>Applications and check the 'Unknown Sources' option. Also, get ES File Explorer. I guess it's pretty self-explanatory.

Apr 15, 2006
So Dolpin for browser? Whats opera and Mozilla like? Anything I can get to save battery? Thanks for the help guys. I'm really enjoying it so far, I will get Tapatalk soon..Need to burrow a credit card. I think my GPS is of as well BTW. Is it worth getting a sms app? Sorry, kinda new with this stuff.
Opera is best for mobile internet. It compresses the web pages, so less data transfer. Great for use on limited data plans. Mozilla IMO wasn't really an upgrade from Dolphin. The latter has great features, plus add-ons support.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,417
    Yes, I know that. But I find it great that they are able to port everything on almost any device.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    The stock SMS app has a bug where due to the timestamps of the texts, they are not displayed in their correct order. Of all the SMS apps I've seen, only Handcent SMS corrects this. That's the main reason I use it.
    didn't know handcent corrected that bug... i'll try that...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)