Android (18 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
It's the app that lets you make sound settings for different situations/moments, i.e. "Work", "Home", "Sleep". So you can set whether you want it to be silent, vibrate, ringtone or no ringtone etc.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #189
    It's the app that lets you make sound settings for different situations/moments, i.e. "Work", "Home", "Sleep". So you can set whether you want it to be silent, vibrate, ringtone or no ringtone etc.
    But you have that by default on HTC Sense, that's what Themes do. And the themes are not only about the sound, you can even customize your entire home with.

Apr 15, 2006
    I'm not sure if HTC Scenes change ringtone and vibration on\off other than your wallpaper and widgets. But try out Toggle Settings. That'll let you turn on silent mode, virbate mode, full volume ringing, etc from your notification bar. You can also enable rule-based profile switching.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #192
    That's what's interesting about HTC Sense, they have already pimped it with lots of goodies, like Contacts (or whatever its name is in English), you can simply have everything there, from phone numbers to email contacts to Facebook friends to flickr synchronization etc.

Apr 15, 2006
    I definitely prefer Sense over the stock Android GUI. It adds so many things which are so much better. One of the things that is lost is the ability to select the icons on the home screen using the D-Pad\trackpad. It's sole purpose on the Sense home screen is to switch between the 7 home screens.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #194
    I definitely prefer Sense over the stock Android GUI. It adds so many things which are so much better. One of the things that is lost is the ability to select the icons on the home screen using the D-Pad\trackpad. It's sole purpose on the Sense home screen is to switch between the 7 home screens.
    I haven't noticed that because I never use the trackball.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    The battery life on my Hero depletes so damn quickly. Yesterday, I unplugged my phone from the charger when fully charged. I made 3 phone calls over a 3hr period and the power had dropped to 89%. 11% for making 3 short calls over 3hrs? Seems a bit much to me.

Wasn't really sure what to do so I searched around and found this:

Turn off the “Always-on” mobile data connection.
    - Disable Wireless network usage for positioning purposes
    - Turn off “Background data” usage (but not if you use Google services!)
    - Always keep Wi-Fi off when not in use – automate this with Y5 Battery Saver app
    - Always keep Bluetooth off when not in use
    - Avoid usage of push or very frequent email polling – configure it to sync every 15 or more minutes
    - Turn off automatic Weather updates (and other data polling widgets)
    - Set a reasonable update frequency for Twitter, Flicker and Facebook
    - Get a fast mobile network connection to minimize data connection uptime
    Why would I turn off 'always on' mobile data? Isn't utilizing the 3G network the whole point?

edit: I'm trying to see whether it's a fault in my battery or if it's my settings. The way it is now the life of the phone is not acceptable.

Apr 15, 2006
    Ze, trust me. I faced the same issue. Just let the battery drain all the way to at least 5%, and recharge it fully. Do this cycle about 4-5 times, and the life should increase. Plus, turn off 3G when you're not using it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    The battery life on my Hero depletes so damn quickly. Yesterday, I unplugged my phone from the charger when fully charged. I made 3 phone calls over a 3hr period and the power had dropped to 89%. 11% for making 3 short calls over 3hrs? Seems a bit much to me.

Wasn't really sure what to do so I searched around and found this:

Why would I turn off 'always on' mobile data? Isn't utilizing the 3G network the whole point?

edit: I'm trying to see whether it's a fault in my battery or if it's my settings. The way it is now the life of the phone is not acceptable.
    You have to turn off things that you don't or aren't using constantly like WIFI and BT. Those are the primary battery killers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)