Andrea Pirlo (26 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Regardless of who the coach the midfield is just not good enough. Full of bums on high wages sucking the club dry, no certainty if we will actually be able to get rid of them anytime soon but certain unamed character says its all on Pirlo. Everything is Pirlo's fault. Lockdown is Pirlo's fault.
But not to worry, once we get icardi, Romagnoli and Lozano, we can fix the midfield with a bunch of freebies again. And we will ofcourse avoid the one freebie that would improve us actually in Modric

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Regardless of who the coach the midfield is just not good enough. Full of bums on high wages sucking the club dry, no certainty if we will actually be able to get rid of them anytime soon but certain unamed character says its all on Pirlo. Everything is Pirlo's fault. Lockdown is Pirlo's fault.
Sarri friggin won the league with a worse midfield last season!

How does losing an unmotivated pjanic and technically awful matuidi, both of whom were on big wages too amount to being 12 points behind inter at the beginning of April?

Like I said up till a month or 2 ago we were still well within the hunt for the league, and we topped our CL group. How does the effects of last summer's transfer window suddenly rear an ugly head about 2 months before the end of the season?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sarri friggin won the league with a worse midfield last season!

How does losing an unmotivated pjanic and technically awful matuidi, both of whom were on big wages too amount to being 12 points behind inter at the beginning of April?

Like I said up till a month or 2 ago we were still well within the hunt for the league, and we topped our CL group. How does the effects of last summer's transfer window suddenly rear an ugly head about 2 months before the end of the season?
You are trying to twist this to make it sound like problems only arose with the CL exit. Sure, we may have technically still been in those three competions but that assertion is not true and you know it.

The team was never good this season. we had good games sprinkled in there but we never hit consistent form at any point this season. It didn't start two months ago.

You keep looking for ways to defend Paratici but, at the end of the day, he is the Sporting Director. If things don't turn out well, almost regardless of why, he has to answer for it. He is not the only one to blame but, as far as individuals go, he is the most responsible by nature of the job he accepted.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
You are trying to twist this to make it sound like problems only arose with the CL exit. Sure, we may have technically still been in those three competions but that assertion is not true and you know it.

The team was never good this season. we had good games sprinkled in there but we never hit consistent form at any point this season. It didn't start two months ago.

You keep looking for ways to defend Paratici but, at the end of the day, he is the Sporting Director. If things don't turn out well, almost regardless of why, he has to answer for it. He is not the only one to blame but, as far as individuals go, he is the most responsible by nature of the job he accepted.
Not twisting shit if Sarri won with a team that was worse last season then whats the difference? the manager. You can argue all you like its unbalanced, the team has been unbalanced for years, ever since players like mandzukic had to play left wing it was unbalanced. Yeah I never stated this team was complete by any stretch, infact I said several times it would take time and what I've always defended is that this season's team on paper is better than last season's only that it's managed by a completely clueless rookie.

As yourself this would Pirlo have won the league last season with the same team as Sarri? I very much doubt it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Part of the issue?

So now you're changing your stance, he was the big part of the issue now he's only part?

which means initially he's largely to blame according to you.

I've explained why I don't believe he has a bigger slice of the blame than anyone else held accountable.

For someone who by all accounts improved the team according to most here is now the biggest part of the issue all because results the last month or 2 have worsened... well fuck me I didn't know Paratici coached the team.

Simple.

Go figure.
He didnt improved the team. What are you on?

Look at how the midfield is and the amount of money wasted on those players. he is the one that brought 2 suspicious players in rabiot and ramsey just because they were free. The wages some players earn here are Secco tier madness. This things are not ok no matter how you tweak them.
Ill not talk about Pirlo because we all know he is part of this mess... but Paratici deserves the boot too because our finances are a mess and we are ful of players who are not deliverung. Thats on Tici too.

Pirlo doesnt know how to coach but ticci brought players with dubious quality and high wages.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He didnt improved the team. What are you on?

Look at how the midfield is and the amount of money wasted on those players. he is the one that brought 2 suspicious players in rabiot and ramsey just because they were free. The wages some players earn here are Secco tier madness. This things are not ok no matter how you tweak them.
Ill not talk about Pirlo because we all know he is part of this mess... but Paratici deserves the boot too because our finances are a mess and we are ful of players who are not deliverung. Thats on Tici too.

Pirlo doesnt know how to coach but ticci brought players with dubious quality and high wages.
Again did you not read what I said about rabiot and ramsey? They were brought in on the proviso that we allocated most of our budget on securing de ligt. and like I've said about a dozen times before, in hindsight you can argue that was the wrong decision, but at the time you could argue it perhaps wasn't such a bad idea if it meant securing a generational talent like de ligt.

But signing rabiot and ramsey 2 summers ago does not equate to us being 12 points behind inter today.

We can argue wages for all we like but matuidi and pjanic were already in their 30s on big wages and they had to go, already had one previous poster who seem to think it was a mistake to let them go.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Again did you not read what I said about rabiot and ramsey? They were brought in on the proviso that we allocated most of our budget on securing de ligt. and like I've said about a dozen times before, in hindsight you can argue that was the wrong decision, but at the time you could argue it perhaps wasn't such a bad idea.

But signing rabiot and ramsey 2 summers ago does not equate to us being 12 points behind inter today.

We can argue wages for all we like but matuidi and pjanic were already in their 30s on big wages and they had to go, already had one previous poster who seem to think it was a mistake to let them go.
bringing a troubled player like rabiot, and a perennial crippled like ramsey sounded good to you in any moment?

This is not about hindsight, is simply lack of planning, or simply lack of quality to perform in your role (talking about paratici)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
bringing a troubled player like rabiot, and a perennial crippled like ramsey sounded good to you in any moment?

This is not about hindsight, is simply lack of planning, or simply lack of quality to perform in your role (talking about paratici)
Rabiot was still a very decent player at PSG especially under ancelotti, troubled or not its easy to argue he was a decent free signing at the time. In terms of troubled? well he's worked his way back to the national side so Deschamps has clearly seen some improvement in behavior.

Ramsey too on his day was a very decent midfielder, again injuries we cannot always account for, otherwise we'd be taking about Douglas costa too and I don't need to mention who signed him.

Lack of planning or not, even under marotta we had always worked under the structures of opportunities, even Marotta used the word opportunities several times! the same with acquiring rabiot, ramsey which tied in with the opportunity to sign De Ligt.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That opportunity mentality is the reason we are shid right now. Signing expensive freebies instead of looking for real talent. Its all on those 2

Marotta and Paratici became innefective after 2015, thats the truth

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That opportunity mentality is the reason we are shid right now. Signing expensive freebies instead of looking for real talent. Its all on those 2

Is that not why we signed the likes of De Ligt, Mckennie, Chiesa, Kulusevski???

and yet I keep reading posts about how we should be signing Alaba and Modric on free's this summer. Believe you me they won't play for free, hence why we're very unlikely to want to sign either of them this summer. Same goes for Aguero, and the same reason why we didn't bring Mandzukic in January.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
We lost Pjanic and Matuidi in one summer, both key players, starters and leaders. Some young guys we have arent that bad, but they cant carry a midfield and a team, and the 'expeŕienced' ones suck at it too - Arthur, Rabiot, Ramsey, all paratici signings, all on high wages, all with mental and physical issues, not fit to be leaders of a top side. And when the midfield looks clueless, disorganized and lethargic, then the whole team is a mess. Thats on paratici, the players, and Pirlo. Fools can scream all day how this team is better than last years, but the reality shows thats far from true
It's not like I have any interest in defending Paratici, but really? Matuidi? He fucking sucked, he is barely a footballer, seeing him behind Ronaldo was extremely sad. Pjanic was already in decline by this point, we lost nothing with letting both leave, aside from Pjanic's free kicks...which he doesn't take anyway because Ronaldo is here.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011

Chiesa, De Ligt and McKennie are great signings. This team is better than it was at the end of Allegri's reign, we'd be fighting for the Scudetto if Allegri was the coach, rather than the winemaker stumbling though his internship and cosplaying as the coach. Could we have a better squad? Oh, definitely, Rugani should have been sold a long time ago, Khedira should have been told to fuck off years ago, Higuain should have been sold before buying Ronaldo, Dybala should have been sold last season and we should have gotten Lukaku, as unpopular a move as that would have been at the time. But it IS better.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Chiesa, De Ligt and McKennie are great signings. This team is better than it was at the end of Allegri's reign, we'd be fighting for the Scudetto if Allegri was the coach, rather than the winemaker stumbling though his internship and cosplaying as the coach. Could we have a better squad? Oh, definitely, Rugani should have been sold a long time ago, Khedira should have been told to fuck off years ago, Higuain should have been sold before buying Ronaldo, Dybala should have been sold last season and we should have gotten Lukaku, as unpopular a move as that would have been at the time. But it IS better.
Finally someone with some sense.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's not like I have any interest in defending Paratici, but really? Matuidi? He fucking sucked, he is barely a footballer, seeing him behind Ronaldo was extremely sad. Pjanic was already in decline by this point, we lost nothing with letting both leave, aside from Pjanic's free kicks...which he doesn't take anyway because Ronaldo is here.
Both were important players for us, we miss their leadership and ability to control games with them. Now im not saying they should have stayed until theyre 50, but you have to replace them properly. Ramsey, Rabiot and Arrhur are a clear downgrade in all aspects, ability, mentality, toughness and leadership. Thats why we look like a serie d side when things go wrong for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)