Andrea Pirlo (67 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
So we had Pochettino available why do you think we didn't appoint him because we don't want managers to have much say in our transfer policy
What are you on about?

You are talking about keeping Pirlo because we need patience. What has Poch got to do with it?

I imagine we didn't go for him because we wanted to penny pinch and had a romantic and naive notion that appointing an ex-player would work wonders like Zidane. It was needlessly risky and it has backfired. The penny pinching will be easily wiped out if we fail to beat Porto and/or make the top 4.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I know patience is not existing in today world but how many years it took Klopp to win the champions league and the league with the amount of money he spent we are making knee jerk reactions every season we will keep on changing managers every season last season it was sarri this year it will be Pirlo next season it will be somebody else
This time it's not even about changing a manager but rather about getting a manager when you don't have one. It would be ok to let Pirlo stay and mature as a manager for several years if it was Siena or at least Sassuolo. If Juventus do it, it will mean they probably gave up on all levels and started the new cycle from the ground up. If this is true, CR7 and Dybala are leaving the club this summer.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
This time it's not even about changing a manager but rather about getting a manager when you don't have one. It would be ok to let Pirlo stay and mature as a manager for several years if it was Siena or at least Sassuolo. If Juventus do it, it will mean they probably gave up on all levels and started the new cycle from the ground up. If this is true, CR7 and Dybala are leaving the club this summer.
Yes when we had sarri you were criticising him non stop and now it is Pirlo and next season it will be somebody else we need patience we are in the same boat as Barcelona

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Pirlo snaps back at Sky questions

Andrea Pirlo was irritable when his tactical choices in the Juventus draw with Verona were questioned. ‘You should watch games before commenting. You tell me what I’m supposed to do.’
Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal was cancelled out by an Antonin Barak header, although Hellas could’ve had more, as Wojciech Szczesny twice fingertipped efforts onto the woodwork.
When Pirlo faced questions from Sky Sport Italia pundit Giancarlo Padovan about using players out of position, the coach was in no mood for it.

“We were in an emergency situation, if you look at the absentees. I had already adapted Alex Sandro as a centre-back, so we couldn’t invent more than that.
“If you are missing four defenders, full-backs and strikers, then you tell me what I’m supposed to do.”
Pirlo was asked if he could’ve adopted a four-man defence with Radu Dragusin instead of forcing Juve to stick with three.
“Dragusin is not a full-back and he has never played as a full-back, he is a third centre-back. You should watch games carefully before commenting.”
Padovan assured he had watched them carefully.
“It doesn’t seem like you did. Dragusin was never tested there.”
The line of questioning moved on to Federico Bernardeschi and Federico Chiesa being ‘out of position’ in order to use the 3-4-2-1 formation.
Excuse me, but who would you have placed in that formation? Chiesa is an attacking winger, he played many games in that role. Bernardeschi has almost always played in that role.
Perhaps they were the only two players there who were in their natural roles. When you have to make changes, everyone needs to adapt.”

:)
He hasn't any clue what he's doing. He is adapting players instead of adapting formations based on the players available at his disposal.
This is straight from Pep's handbook.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Pirlo was a vigin manager...he needs seasons at lower clubs to prove he can implement tactics and get sides playing under him in a positive way. AA just threw him into a role a few weeks before the season started and expected this guy to pick up where experienced managers left off.

No different to seeing younger work colleagues getting promoted into roles they are not ready for yet just to save on salaries. They don't get the support, get showed up or fail, then either get demoted or get made redundant and replaced with that more experienced person who gets offered the extra 20 or 30k...this is the exact situation at juve.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What are you on about?

You are talking about keeping Pirlo because we need patience. What has Poch got to do with it?

I imagine we didn't go for him because we wanted to penny pinch and had a romantic and naive notion that appointing an ex-player would work wonders like Zidane. It was needlessly risky and it has backfired. The penny pinching will be easily wiped out if we fail to beat Porto and/or make the top 4.
We were idiots for thinking we had even an ounce of luck and bliss that Real Madrid has lol

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Pirlo snaps back at Sky questions

Andrea Pirlo was irritable when his tactical choices in the Juventus draw with Verona were questioned. ‘You should watch games before commenting. You tell me what I’m supposed to do.’
Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal was cancelled out by an Antonin Barak header, although Hellas could’ve had more, as Wojciech Szczesny twice fingertipped efforts onto the woodwork.
When Pirlo faced questions from Sky Sport Italia pundit Giancarlo Padovan about using players out of position, the coach was in no mood for it.

“We were in an emergency situation, if you look at the absentees. I had already adapted Alex Sandro as a centre-back, so we couldn’t invent more than that.
“If you are missing four defenders, full-backs and strikers, then you tell me what I’m supposed to do.”
Pirlo was asked if he could’ve adopted a four-man defence with Radu Dragusin instead of forcing Juve to stick with three.
“Dragusin is not a full-back and he has never played as a full-back, he is a third centre-back. You should watch games carefully before commenting.”
Padovan assured he had watched them carefully.
“It doesn’t seem like you did. Dragusin was never tested there.”
The line of questioning moved on to Federico Bernardeschi and Federico Chiesa being ‘out of position’ in order to use the 3-4-2-1 formation.
Excuse me, but who would you have placed in that formation? Chiesa is an attacking winger, he played many games in that role. Bernardeschi has almost always played in that role.
Perhaps they were the only two players there who were in their natural roles. When you have to make changes, everyone needs to adapt.”

:)
He hasn't any clue what he's doing. He is adapting players instead of adapting formations based on the players available at his disposal.
This is straight from Pep's handbook.
Getting aggressive really proves that he's lost. No one gives a shit who was available, Verona will still have a worse team than you... it's no excuse.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I know patience is not existing in today world but how many years it took Klopp to win the champions league and the league with the amount of money he spent we are making knee jerk reactions every season we will keep on changing managers every season last season it was sarri this year it will be Pirlo next season it will be somebody else
The difference is that
1- Kloop plays in a way superior league
2- We are the supposed big fish in a small pond with CR7 in our lines so theres no way we should have lost the scudetto, not like this.
3- At least klopp was a real pro coach when he got hired and already had a good CV behind him....we on the toher hand signed a total rookie just because he was pal of the president and did a cute thesis in microsfot word.
4- NO one is talking about winning the CL, Juventus and winning the CL is something you simply dont wish because it is impossible. But winning the scudetto with better personel than Sarri had was TOTALLY possible, yet The management and Pirlo blew it incredibly.

Dark years coming

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
It's a very much valid excuse imo can't stand Pirlo the coach who i see as completely out of his depth, but seeing how many people were missing his point stands, also to the people saying just play a different formation, this is not FM, if we look so disorganized in our main formations, i really don't want to see what we would look like in a brand new hardly practiced one.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's a very much valid excuse imo can't stand Pirlo the coach who i see as completely out of his depth, but seeing how many people were missing his point stands, also to the people saying just play a different formation, this is not FM, if we look so disorganized in our main formations, i really don't want to see what we would look like in a brand new hardly practiced one.
Ive never seen so many players that are happy with doing the bare minimum. Our midfield is so fucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)