Andrea Pirlo (39 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Won't be that upset to lose the league as long as I see a definitive progression in the team's play and hopefully going far in the CL but hard to see that with Pirlo.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Pirlo isn't tactical, he showed that the team can play at a very high level in some important games and/or after losing some points. The problem is his failure to inject motivation and consistency into this group of players who started the season thinking they are invincibles.

The fix is in Pirlo's hands only. He needs to start showing some authority and stop being too friendly with these players.
Pirlo is like exact opposite of an authoritarian and right now this group of players need an authoritarian coach. A coach ready to whoop your ass if you underperform.

Guy starts his Italian groupies all the time and gives them as many minutes as possible. I even predicted this at the start of the season. I really wish some senior players retire/leave the club. They are a huge influence on the club culture, sometimes a bit too much for my liking. I am sure they were overecstatic when Pirlo was announced as coach.

Last edited:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We have dropped too many easy games this season...sure we can beat milan inter and napoli and that should make us win the league. However my fear is that we may win against them but drop points to lower teams.

I really wanted a consecutive 10 scudetti. I can't see that ever being matched.

I actually think we will go a long way in the CL. For some reason we find it easier than we do in Serie A.

20 odd games as manager for pirlo...i think he is doing ok...i can't see how sacking him now will help the team...a new manager will just need more time to implement his style which won't help right now.

Jul 20, 2012
Won't be that upset to lose the league as long as I see a definitive progression in the team's play and hopefully going far in the CL but hard to see that with Pirlo.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo is like exact opposite of an authoritarian and right now this group of players need an authoritarian coach. A coach ready to whoop your ass if you underperform.

Guy starts his Italian groupies all the time and gives them as many minutes as possible. I even predicted this at the start of the season. I really wish some senior players retire/leave the club. They are a huge influence on the club culture, sometimes a bit too much for my liking. I am sure they were overecstatic when Pirlo was announced as coach.
If chiellini wasn't injured, I bet he'd be starting also. It's beyond pathetic. They are not the corr of the team anymore. BUFFON, chiellini, bonucci. They should all go.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Watching the games unfold today and it struck me. The biggest thing really that is needed to win a title is motivation, you look at inter, and Milan. In my opinion two teams who are man for man a lot weaker than our team. Yet they grind out results and get the win they need.

This season for the first time in many were not seeing that from Juve. Is that Pirlo’s fault, or is that just 9 years of complacency? There’s a reason 9 titles in a row was a record...

There is nothing more dangerous than success. Pirlo is not perfect, he’s not close to it, but clearly our era is over and we’re starting a new one. Next season probably needs to be the season we use to judge Pirlo. We still need to go for the league but we need to understand this is not a given when there are teams with far greater motivation

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm also on the fence on this one. On one hand he was great this season and on the other, while we still have senatori we don't allow new leaders to rise
If someone is a leader, he will step up eventually. I think Buffon's role is more of a propping the team, sharing his experience and helping young players make transition. He accepted a bench role and doesnt want captaincy. But I can seehow player like Bonucci would cause problems if Pirlo sidelines him for a while.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I'm also on the fence on this one. On one hand he was great this season and on the other, while we still have senatori we don't allow new leaders to rise
Exactly. And this is why we need to move on. Their overpowering personalities is making it difficult for the team to transition into a new group of leaders.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Not every coach is a Zidane. Pirlo is more Arteta than Zidane at this point, and I don't think he's ever going to reach Zidane's levels, but it's not his fault entirely. His stint at Juventus is going to be quite damaging for the rest of his coaching career.
Not really a fair comparison though and I’m not trying to defend Pirlo but not every coach have a world class all around squad available to him as Zidane did on his first 3 seasons.

He was set with the best talent around from the get go in every area of the pitch. He will probably never have such a complete set of players again and had he failed it would’ve been monumental.

He gets a lot of praise but since you mentioned Arteta I’d like to see what Zidane could’ve done differently in his place at Arsenal with that mediocre squad. Having said all that I think you’re right that Pirlo will end up damaging his career, should’ve started from the bottom and worked his way up.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We have dropped too many easy games this season...sure we can beat milan inter and napoli and that should make us win the league. However my fear is that we may win against them but drop points to lower teams.

I really wanted a consecutive 10 scudetti. I can't see that ever being matched.

I actually think we will go a long way in the CL. For some reason we find it easier than we do in Serie A.

20 odd games as manager for pirlo...i think he is doing ok...i can't see how sacking him now will help the team...a new manager will just need more time to implement his style which won't help right now.
Again, Bayern. There's Bayern in that run too.
In Italy? Yeah no one will ever come close to what we did.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
Paratici mentioned to win the league you have to win around 30 games. I think that´s accurate. So we´ve dropped points in 7 already, we got 3 more to blow after the break.
That´s actually the same as in 15-16, we dropped points in 7 games before Christmas but only 2 after.

We do have the players to pull it off, it´s all on Pirlo. Just goes to show how important the manager is.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I am still thinking of the Danilo - Ramsey sub. A serious coach would have taken out one of the 3 forwards (Chiesa or Morata) for a defender, and maybe take the heat later for being too stale or pragmatic. I think he's too carefree like the results don't matter because it's only his first year.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I am still thinking of the Danilo - Ramsey sub. A serious coach would have taken out one of the 3 forwards (Chiesa or Morata) for a defender, and maybe take the heat later for being too stale or pragmatic. I think he's too carefree like the results don't matter because it's only his first year.
He did that at half time, he took of the attacking mid to replace Cuadrado. There was nothing wrong with that sub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)