Andrea Pirlo (145 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It was the wrong decision. Should have subbed Danilo for Chiesa. Or left Chiesa a RB until halftime. Control the midfield with three.
Oh I'm not saying I would've done that but I don't think it was that bad of a decision, I think he always planned to switch to a 4 4 1

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Watching the games unfold today and it struck me. The biggest thing really that is needed to win a title is motivation, you look at inter, and Milan. In my opinion two teams who are man for man a lot weaker than our team. Yet they grind out results and get the win they need.

This season for the first time in many were not seeing that from Juve. Is that Pirlo’s fault, or is that just 9 years of complacency? There’s a reason 9 titles in a row was a record...

There is nothing more dangerous than success. Pirlo is not perfect, he’s not close to it, but clearly our era is over and we’re starting a new one. Next season probably needs to be the season we use to judge Pirlo. We still need to go for the league but we need to understand this is not a given when there are teams with far greater motivation
Pirlo should be judged this year . This squad is better than sarri's so failing to win the scudetto is a sackable offence ,if you don't win the cl.
He should not get a pass for this failure. He knew the implication when he took over.
Also i am not expecting him to survive our next 4 games anyway. I will be pleasantly surprised if he does.

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
End of year is upon us and we have not improved.. The "tough" call which isnt that tough for a big ambitious club like Juve needs to be made.. Replace Pirlo with Max..

With no previous experience it was always going to be upto Pirlo to prove himself with results..

Now its a matyer of how much time should he be given to prove himself as the early form isnt good enough..

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Paratici mentioned to win the league you have to win around 30 games. I think that´s accurate. So we´ve dropped points in 7 already, we got 3 more to blow after the break.
That´s actually the same as in 15-16, we dropped points in 7 games before Christmas but only 2 after.

We do have the players to pull it off, it´s all on Pirlo. Just goes to show how important the manager is.
Winning 30 games, which adds up to ~94 points (with 4 draws and 4 losses), probably cant be achieved with the coach we have now, we wont pull it off and Milan/Inter are highly unlikely to pull off such a season as well.

However, similarly to last season (similarly to most of our 9 season run actually) , scudetto will probably be won with 83-84 points, which leaves a bigger margin for error. Currently we're on pace for 70, so of course we still have to improve drastically, but only to a normal Juve standarts not some monster form like in the 2nd half of 15-16.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Winning 30 games, which adds up to ~94 points (with 4 draws and 4 losses), probably cant be achieved with the coach we have now, we wont pull it off and Milan/Inter are highly unlikely to pull off such a season as well.

However, similarly to last season (similarly to most of our 9 season run actually) , scudetto will probably be won with 83-84 points, which leaves a bigger margin for error. Currently we're on pace for 70, so of course we still have to improve drastically, but only to a normal Juve standarts not some monster form like in the 2nd half of 15-16.
There's a big difference to the previous years now, the small teams are not afraid from us. That's a big problem which can cause us a big headache.

Mar 10, 2009
There are always managers available. Its just a question of time what will happen and are we going to save our season or just give Pirlo a full season.

Smells like Ole situation.

Ole inherited Man Utd after they were clearly not the best team in the league. Pirlo inherited the best team in Serie A and is struggling. It makes no sense to keep Pirlo, the man is toast. He will win us a few good games but will come up short. This is Leonardo's Milan again. Remember his 3-2 victory against Real Madrid away?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ole inherited Man Utd after they were clearly not the best team in the league. Pirlo inherited the best team in Serie A and is struggling. It makes no sense to keep Pirlo, the man is toast. He will win us a few good games but will come up short. This is Leonardo's Milan again. Remember his 3-2 victory against Real Madrid away?
I've said it before, yea Pirlo fucked up a lot, but the games that we did win were amazing performances. Kinda gives a lil hope.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I've said it before, yea Pirlo fucked up a lot, but the games that we did win were amazing performances. Kinda gives a lil hope.
That's because his attacking principles are very good.

It's very much a 3-2-5 that lots of big teams use to really attack the opponent. The problem is everything else when we don't have the ball.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

It's very much a 3-2-5 that lots of big teams use to really attack the opponent. The problem is everything else when we don't have the ball.
Yep. And after many games i see him doing nothing about it because he doesnt know how .

His inexperience shows. We should change coach now before its too late

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Yeah you are right but I'm referring to Ole because of the legend status and former player.

Inzaghi seems to have a fight with Lotito and is refusing to extend his contract.

Who else is free? I have this feeling Conte will comeback and I DONT want back that as*hole

- - - Updated - - -

The problem also are defensive teams, counter attacking teams will kill us. I think everyone found that up (well except Barcelona).

Conte will destroy us.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 142)