Next games in serie a:

Torino (H)
Genoa (A)
Atalanta (H)
Parma (A)
Fiorentina (H)
Udinese (H)
Milan (A)

If we can manage to win all of the games before the Milan game, I think we will be fine and wont lose to them. But then again, will we win all of those games?

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Not sure what the obsession with bringing back Allegri is all about. There was a reason why we fired him. Re-hiring him isnt progress imo. If I remember correctly there were multiple post-match meltdowns on this forum calling for him to leave because his style of play was frustrating and we weren't utilizing Ronaldo to his full ability. We barely scraped 1-0 wins against small clubs too. The only advantage we had under Allegri was the fact that we had a solid structured defense.

We need a non-Italian coach for once.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Not sure what the obsession with bringing back Allegri is all about. There was a reason why we fired him. Re-hiring him isnt progress imo. If I remember correctly there were multiple post-match meltdowns on this forum calling for him to leave because his style of play was frustrating and we weren't utilizing Ronaldo to his full ability. We barely scraped 1-0 wins against small clubs too. The only advantage we had under Allegri was the fact that we had a solid structured defense.

What do you think about bringing back Sarri?

Strickland

May 17, 2019

You cant bring in a non-Italian coach mid season, puts the 10th Scudetto in great danger.

We have 5 more Serie A games until Christmas and, excluding the Napoli game, so far we've picked up 1.75 ppg, meaning we're on pace for a 67 point season. If in these 5 games we again pick up 9 points out of 15 available, just ask Allegri to come back and sort things out.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Next games in serie a:

Torino (H)
Genoa (A)
Atalanta (H)
Parma (A)
Fiorentina (H)
Udinese (H)
Milan (A)

If we can manage to win all of the games before the Milan game, I think we will be fine and wont lose to them. But then again, will we win all of those games?
This reads like a Michael Owen tweet :p

Aug 12, 2015
Juventus players ‘confused’ by Pirlo

Il Corriere della Sera reports Juventus players are confused as Andrea Pirlo doesn’t speak about tactics with them: ‘It’s the same thing that happened with Maurizio Sarri.’
Juventus sit fourth in the Serie A table together with Napoli who are six points short of table leaders Milan.

According to Il Corriere della Sera, Juventus players believe Pirlo doesn’t discuss tactical issues with them as his assistant Igor Tudor is tasked with the job while Roberto Baronio gives instructions during matches.

The report adds Pirlo’s silences have an impact on the build-up of the team which is not always smooth. Players like Paulo Dybala and Dejan Kulusevski have not quite understood what the coach wants from them on a tactical level and the same is true of some midfielders, especially on the defensive phase.
Last but not least, Cristiano Ronaldo decided to rest against Benevento, according to the report, but the Old Lady's problems are evident also when CR7 plays. The team is often too stretched, whether the Portuguese plays or not.

The Old Lady have only won one of the four games they played without the former Real Madrid star this season.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

Il Corriere della Sera reports Juventus players are confused as Andrea Pirlo doesn’t speak about tactics with them: ‘It’s the same thing that happened with Maurizio Sarri.’
Juventus sit fourth in the Serie A table together with Napoli who are six points short of table leaders Milan.

According to Il Corriere della Sera, Juventus players believe Pirlo doesn’t discuss tactical issues with them as his assistant Igor Tudor is tasked with the job while Roberto Baronio gives instructions during matches.

The report adds Pirlo’s silences have an impact on the build-up of the team which is not always smooth. Players like Paulo Dybala and Dejan Kulusevski have not quite understood what the coach wants from them on a tactical level and the same is true of some midfielders, especially on the defensive phase.
Last but not least, Cristiano Ronaldo decided to rest against Benevento, according to the report, but the Old Lady's problems are evident also when CR7 plays. The team is often too stretched, whether the Portuguese plays or not.

The Old Lady have only won one of the four games they played without the former Real Madrid star this season.
i4euuypcx8ue.gif

so basically Tudor is the coach :rofl:

Aug 12, 2015

If this is the case, than we all can go to Juve to coach the first team and earn tons of money.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

oh boy, here comes the media.............

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Give him til' Christmas and if things don't improve then can the experiment and replace him with Allegri and we can still salvage a trophy maybe. Plenty of managers have had rough starts to great tenures so half a season is the least we can give him, but so many performances have been absolutely sub-par against very bad teams. You simply cannot get fucked in the ass by teams like Benevento, Ferencvaros, Hellas Verona and Crotone with the players at your disposal. The games against Cagliari and Sampdoria gave me great hope, but everything in between has been lackluster.

A lot of players should be blamed for terrible performances like Dybala, and we have been fucked up by injuries and covid, but there are a lot of completely absurd decisions made directly by Pirlo. Frabotta is not a very good player, and we shipped out Pellegrini for him which I find strange and many believe it was Pirlos wish. He has played Cuadrado out on the left for a while which was a total fiasco, and keeps putting Kulusevski as a wing-back which is not the right position for him. The midfield lacks balance, and we keep getting fucked by almost every single counter attack. We undermine lesser opposition constantly and play the B-team that gets absolutely steamrolled instantly, and have to rely on the A-team subs to salvage a point in the last minutes.

My hopes are that instead of trying too much of a big-brain hybrid formation and swapping out players all the time, he sticks to a single more rigid system where players are not being played constantly out of position and decides on a starting XI. Whether that is a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2, I wish we'd find solutions where players can find some continuity.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
You cant bring in a non-Italian coach mid season, puts the 10th Scudetto in great danger.

We have 5 more Serie A games until Christmas and, excluding the Napoli game, so far we've picked up 1.75 ppg, meaning we're on pace for a 67 point season. If in these 5 games we again pick up 9 points out of 15 available, just ask Allegri to come back and sort things out.
See the problem with hiring Allegri now would inevitably tie him down to a long-term contract which is really not ideal if we're to progress and make the most out of Ronaldo's last years. We'll be stuck in the same loop: hire Allegri out of pure nostalgia, fire him for his frustrating performances, make a knee-jerk reaction and hire another poor man's Guardiola, fire him e.t.c. its not only counter-intuitive but also counter-productive. We need a short-term solution that would take us to the end of the season and win us at least the scudetto, but that's unrealistic. You can't just hire a manager for 5 months.

Honestly, I think our best bet at the moment is to keep hold of Pirlo until at least the end of the year. He has shown that he can put in a good performance with the right players (take the Cagliari match for example), but he just needs to stick to one formation and make sure each player knows what he's doing. As much as I do believe Pirlo should be criticised for these recent lacklustre performances, it's worth bearing in mind that these Italian teams are becoming stronger and such challenges to the title were only to be expected at some point. Hiring Allegri midway through the season won't magically solve everything imo.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
This pretty much. Could very well be media bs, but yeah...watch us play and it doesn't sound too far fetched.

At this point I'd trade him for Ted Lasso. At least he's funny.
IGOR, the coach. :baus:

At this point I'd even go for Bielsa. At least we'd be entertained by his crazy tactics.

I hate using the word boring but it describes this team with such accuracy.

Am I going too far by saying this is looking much worse than Sarri's Juve?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)