Andrea Pirlo (42 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
My fear with Pirlo was that he was too much of a nice guy and would lack authority to integrate his ideas.

He hasn’t exactly proven otherwise. You see players taking 3-4 touches before passing it on, and he complains about slow tempo.

Is it that difficult to through film, show these players what they’re doing wrong and correcting it? The unneccessary amount of touches destroying the rhythm has gone on for well over a year now. It’s quite amazing how the coach can watch this go on game in game out.

Pep and Klopp are known for immediately subbing out players who go against their principles. That’s one of the biggest mistakes Sarri made, he never held the players accountable. And Pirlo is not doing it either from what I’ve seen till now.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
My fear with Pirlo was that he was too much of a nice guy and would lack authority to integrate his ideas.

He hasn’t exactly proven otherwise. You see players taking 3-4 touches before passing it on, and he complains about slow tempo.

Is it that difficult to through film, show these players what they’re doing wrong and correcting it? The unneccessary amount of touches destroying the rhythm has gone on for well over a year now. It’s quite amazing how the coach can watch this go on game in game out.

Pep and Klopp are known for immediately subbing out players who go against their principles. That’s one of the biggest mistakes Sarri made, he never held the players accountable. And Pirlo is not doing it either from what I’ve seen till now.
The team has made quantum leaps since Pirlo arrived. Its shaky, but definitely going the right way.

Sendt fra min CLT-L29 med Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The team has made quantum leaps since Pirlo arrived. Its shaky, but definitely going the right way.

Well there is a giant gap between how we play and how we need to play.
Our defense look better with Pirlo but our chance creating ability is amazingly poor. Yeah I like the way we attack better than with Sarri as Sarri had that play in slow motion on the final third while with Pirlo it has improved although not quite as needed.
That being said we probably created more with Sarri...

In any case I dont think Pirlo will continue and the reasons I mentioned Gasp and Gattuso:
Gasp is known for being a great offensive manager (he proved it with Genoa and now with Atalanta).
Gattuso - If you like him or not, he brings stability in his play while also making his team fight. Napoli are now playing good football and its not because of their attacking intent but more about their solidness which allows them to push forward.

If its up to me I`d do everything for Zidane as I really like his football and with 3 CL titles I think he proved himself...
Gasperini - Sure why not.. Its better than Pirlo and I dont think there are many great managers available (Allegri wont come back..)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Where would you draw the line on Pirlo losing his job end of season, whats below the minimum expectation? Winning scudetto, but embarrasment in CL similar to Allegri and Sarri sackings? Winning scudetto, but losing the dressing room? 2nd place in Serie A?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Where would you draw the line on Pirlo losing his job end of season, whats below the minimum expectation? Winning scudetto, but embarrasment in CL similar to Allegri and Sarri sackings? Winning scudetto, but losing the dressing room? 2nd place in Serie A?
scudetto. cl is a lottery.

btw allegri wasn't sacked over the results, he was sacked because of the uncertain ability to further motivate the squad. i'd sign any coach if he could guarantee that juve would lose against only one underdog over 5 seasons.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
scudetto. cl is a lottery.

btw allegri wasn't sacked over the results, he was sacked because of the uncertain ability to further motivate the squad. i'd sign any coach if he could guarantee that juve would lose against only one underdog over 5 seasons.
You're only as good as your last season not your last 5 or 10 years. Career wise Mourinho or Ancelotti are among the best coaches for a team aiming to win CL, but that doesnt mean PSG or Juve will go for them next.

For me Scudetto would be enough, unless it gets very ugly with Pirlo losing the team and starting to get 0:5 results at the end of the campaign.

The Barca game doesnt inspire confidence in regards to CL chances and I have low expectations there. If we win the Scudetto we should give the coach continuity.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

I respectfully disagree. He froze out Khedira without a second thought, something Allegri and Sarri refused to do.
He's also openly criticized specific players after a poor performance, which is not something a nice guy would do.
Since you mentioned Pep and Klopp (not that I think Pirlo is on their level), even they took a season or two to get their ideas across to their players at Man City and Liverpool, so I definitely don't expect a rookie coach like Pirlo to do it a few games without a preseason.

Overall, his man management hasn't been an issue imo. The issues I have with Pirlo lie mainly with our defensive solidity. Our patterns of play seem fine to me.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Glad you’ve come around to this point of view

You’d have to be blind and or obtuse not to see a progression in our play, in attack especially, since he took over. Still plenty of work left for him to do especially in terms of defensive solidity and organisation, but I’ve seen some really good and encouraging signs so far this season. And we are only 8 games into the new season.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Well there is a giant gap between how we play and how we need to play.
Our defense look better with Pirlo but our chance creating ability is amazingly poor. Yeah I like the way we attack better than with Sarri as Sarri had that play in slow motion on the final third while with Pirlo it has improved although not quite as needed.
That being said we probably created more with Sarri...

In any case I dont think Pirlo will continue and the reasons I mentioned Gasp and Gattuso:
Gasp is known for being a great offensive manager (he proved it with Genoa and now with Atalanta).
Gattuso - If you like him or not, he brings stability in his play while also making his team fight. Napoli are now playing good football and its not because of their attacking intent but more about their solidness which allows them to push forward.

If its up to me I`d do everything for Zidane as I really like his football and with 3 CL titles I think he proved himself...
Gasperini - Sure why not.. Its better than Pirlo and I dont think there are many great managers available (Allegri wont come back..)
I don't know how you could possibly make that assessment. Our defensive structure has been lacking, but our offense has been decent so far- there's a lot of room for improvement, but it's definitely a step up from last season.
We've had a ton of chances against Sampdoria, Verona, Spezia, Cagliari, Dynamo Kiev, Ferencvaros(x2). We created decent chances against Roma and Lazio. The only games where we struggled to create chances were against Barcelona and Crotone.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't know how you could possibly make that assessment. Our defensive structure has been lacking, but our offense has been decent so far- there's a lot of room for improvement, but it's definitely a step up from last season.
We've had a ton of chances against Sampdoria, Verona, Spezia, Cagliari, Dynamo Kiev, Ferencvaros(x2). We created decent chances against Roma and Lazio. The only games where we struggled to create chances were against Barcelona and Crotone.
I dont know the exact stats but Im pretty sure if we take the average chances created per game and compare this season to the previous one we will be in decrease but I do think we look more stable on the back despite absentees which is a very good thing.
We need to be way more vicious upfront and I dont think quality upfront is the issue.
Our mid might be underwhelming but it is still one of the best in Serie A and if Atalanta can do it with their mid and budget so can we!
It is true we are more stable than Atalanta but we shouldnt really compare ourselves to Atalanta and here I am doing it which means it is a problem.
With all due respect to Atalanta - their budget is way below ours and its not as their mid players are really great - Its about their teamwork together which means system.
We lack the system to become better - Better than this Pirlo`s team or Sarri`s team.

As for quality - We should dominate Serie A with ease but I do see a problem when comparing our mid to the other top teams such as Real Madrid
Kroos Casemiro Valverde Vasquez Modric are way better than what we have and for us to be protagonist on the later stages we must get at least one midfielder that can take the initiative create and also shoot well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)