vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Maybe. I don't watch him that often.

But we need a good midfielder who can defend and pass, whoever he is
Our main problem currently is transition defense, we are vulnerable for running teams, and that's not that something one player can solve imo. It's a team coherence problem. We settled our defense more or less I think – it's going to be MDL-Cuads-Danilo as RCB/RB and either Bon or Merih. Everything else is still in the early stages. In attack looks like CR-Morata and Kulu (Aaron is never healthy) is a lock. If Chiesa learns how to press and defend properly he is a lock also, but he played like almost nothing. Midfield is still an enigma, we need a lot of running and strength in midfield, Rabiot and Bentancur pair can do it, but Pirlo insists on Arthur still.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Our main problem currently is transition defense, we are vulnerable for running teams, and that's not that something one player can solve imo. It's a team coherence problem. We settled our defense more or less I think – it's going to be MDL-Cuads-Danilo as RCB/RB and either Bon or Merih. Everything else is still in the early stages. In attack looks like CR-Morata and Kulu (Aaron is never healthy) is a lock. If Chiesa learns how to press and defend properly he is a lock also, but he played like almost nothing. Midfield is still an enigma, we need a lot of running and strength in midfield, Rabiot and Bentancur pair can do it, but Pirlo insists on Arthur still.
Something @MikeM pointed out yesterday and I saw the game afterwards and agree, sometimes when we press the opponent there is a huge gap between our defence and the rest of the team. The goal we conceded and nearly every time they got into our third was because of that, but it seems we more or less fixed it in the second half.

Hoping it's just a matter of chemistry that we need to work on.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Something @MikeM pointed out yesterday and I saw the game afterwards and agree, sometimes when we press the opponent there is a huge gap between our defence and the rest of the team. The goal we conceded and nearly every time they got into our third was because of that, but it seems we more or less fixed it in the second half.

Hoping it's just a matter of chemistry that we need to work on.
Yep, our transition defense sucks ass so far, but that's something you work on constantly. And fucking international football doesn't help with it all. Finally, we have a run of games now. Some conclusions can be made after it.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Well we all agree on it and pretty much everyone knows it. The team knows it. Pirlo knows it. And so on.
One thing that strikes me though it how transparent Pirlo has been. Time will tell how that pans out. But I hope he knows when to protect his players/staff too. It's not that bad what he said about Arthur but he continues to speak openly about players abilities and it can hit back hard if he doesn't know how to walk the line. I prefer it when coaches take on the blame. Mourinho did this fairly well in his early days - he protected the team and took all attention to him. Then again he destroyed people too because he is a moron.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I think it’d have been an easy win had we played our main starters aka the players in better form.

I understand the number of matches within the month is mental but to this day I’m still trying to figure out how Pep’s Barcelona did it. All the major players playing week in week out with barely any rotatingwhile playing a high pressing system... that and the amount of trophies they won.

So I don’t get the need to rotate half the team, literally half at one time. Maybe take it easy with the training sessions (which every former player says it’s extremely tough and demanding) and let our players rest more?
Always having the ball (instead of chasing it) helped a lot I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we all agree on it and pretty much everyone knows it. The team knows it. Pirlo knows it. And so on.
One thing that strikes me though it how transparent Pirlo has been. Time will tell how that pans out. But I hope he knows when to protect his players/staff too. It's not that bad what he said about Arthur but he continues to speak openly about players abilities and it can hit back hard if he doesn't know how to walk the line. I prefer it when coaches take on the blame. Mourinho did this fairly well in his early days - he protected the team and took all attention to him. Then again he destroyed people too because he is a moron.
It's ok to say such things about young players IMO. With older ones he's more quiet.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Il be very honest. Things dont look good and at this point i feel that we are just waiting for a proper top team to stumble upon us and embarrass us...sending our season in spiral.

Because theres no way we will be able to compete with this weird gameplan and execution. Thats the harsh reality.
What's weird about the gameplan?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Still believe why? What’s wrong now? We are rebuilding without preseason and we still through group stage and within striking distance in Seria A. I don’t get this doom and gloom at all.
I know point wise we more or less on track, but that's the same I kept hearing from Sarribois, even though we played really bad and the writing was on the wall for quite some time.

For me it's mostly how we still look amateurish at the back defending counters, trying to change too much at once, and doubts whether or not a rookie coach can make it work.

I hope he can, just as I hoped the chainsmoker could, but he's not getting any special treatment just because I like him.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I know point wise we more or less on track, but that's the same I kept hearing from Sarribois, even though we played really bad and the writing was on the wall for quite some time.

For me it's mostly how we still look amateurish at the back defending counters, trying to change too much at once, and doubts whether or not a rookie coach can make it work.

I hope he can, just as I hoped the chainsmoker could, but he's not getting any special treatment just because I like him.
The two main differences are: 1.Sarribois are morons 2. Sarri tried to fir a square peg in a round hole.
Pirlo doesn't deserve special treatment, but we didn't have a preseason. We have a good run of games finally, without NT football, let us wait and see.
I just don't understand why everyone so tilted, even calling for Max to come back.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The two main differences are: 1.Sarribois are morons 2. Sarri tried to fir a square peg in a round hole.
Pirlo doesn't deserve special treatment, but we didn't have a preseason. We have a good run of games finally, without NT football, let us wait and see.
I just don't understand why everyone so tilted, even calling for Max to come back.
And Pirlo doesn't?

Having no pre season would have been less of a problem if Pirlo wouldn't try to sledgehammer his system into the players, but slowly eases it in, just like the coaches did before him.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
And Pirlo doesn't?

Having no pre season would have been less of a problem if Pirlo wouldn't try to sledgehammer his system into the players, but slowly eases it in, just like the coaches did before him.
Ease in how? What system did we have before him? Sarriball?

And I do think Pirlo tries to adapt. He tried Ramsey, it worked, but that's Ramsey we are talking about. He played Rodrigo in front of defense and further up the pitch. He played McKinnie in CM role, then to accomodate Dybala he moved him upfront to play CAM/RCB. Danilo played on the right and on the left, before he found his spot, etc.
I'd say that Pirlo has a vision how he wants Juve to play, but he doesn't have a system nailed down.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Still believe why? What’s wrong now? We are rebuilding without preseason and we still through group stage and within striking distance in Seria A. I don’t get this doom and gloom at all.
Chilled bro, I'm on Pirlo's team since day one but I said before that considering everything I would start to judge him at the end of Nov. Now I want to give him the december window as well, so not matter what, I'm with Il Maestro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)