Andrea Pirlo (20 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We did score 2 and hit the post twice, but our game-plan was disgusting at times. Team looked clueless most of the game and we don't seem to have a plan B yet.

You just can't allow these provincial teams to slow down and kill the game.

There's still lot of work to do and Pirlo needs to oil this team up until March when everything will be decided.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't think a gameplan was a problem. It looked like players expected that Ferenc would just roll over and they didn't.
THIS

Gameplans, tactics, lineups are all immaterial when you compare the technical quality between the two teams. The team simply turned up with the wrong attitude for the vast majority of the game and badly underestimated the team to the degree that even Pirlo mentioned this after the game.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
this season was always going to be a transitional season. Pirlo is not going to be sacked soon.

Everyone knows it except some of the turds here saying "hurr durr but that's loser mentality". Its reality faggots get used to it. the whole football world is experiecing an unprecedented crisis and, unfortunately for Tuz, it happened the same summer in whcih we have to a massive clear out. Sack a shit coach and a bunch of old deadwood to return with a much younger revamped squad.

It was the right move, delaying it further would've been stupid. Keeping Sarri, or any of the players we dropped, would've been just kicking the problem further down the road. Now its time to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The point I am making @DAiDEViL is that I don't expect Pirlo to be sacked anytime soon.
The players are seemingly on side with Pirlo, Ronaldo above all else. Sacking Pirlo anytime soon would be stupid, especially to replace him with that nut case gattuso who I think is a terribly overrated manager already, just a poor mans Cunte if anything. With Pirlo there is certainly some positives to be had, I like the fact that we attack in numbers and flood the opposition box which we never saw under Sarri and Allegri.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I think it’d have been an easy win had we played our main starters aka the players in better form.

I understand the number of matches within the month is mental but to this day I’m still trying to figure out how Pep’s Barcelona did it. All the major players playing week in week out with barely any rotatingwhile playing a high pressing system... that and the amount of trophies they won.

So I don’t get the need to rotate half the team, literally half at one time. Maybe take it easy with the training sessions (which every former player says it’s extremely tough and demanding) and let our players rest more?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I think the transitions are looking better and better. A lot of work still to be done, obviously, but my interpration is that we are making improvements in all aspects. Yesterday, however, we looked extremely similar to under Sarri. 442 but instead of Matuidi as the runner on the left we had Mckenzie on the right. We looked stale and flat with few running in behind and no one really searching those passes either. Like Pirlo also spoke about. CM was as creative as under Sarri (no surprise) and partially down to no one really trying to make any runs. It worked some times under Sarri thanks to Dybala being the mechanic for the machinery but when he is so out of shape...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We did score 2 and hit the post twice, but our game-plan was disgusting at times. Team looked clueless most of the game and we don't seem to have a plan B yet.

You just can't allow these provincial teams to slow down and kill the game.

There's still lot of work to do and Pirlo needs to oil this team up until March when everything will be decided.
I like his idea of playing this high tempo and one-touch football, but how realistic is it to do it all the time? We have 10 games in 30 days, so is it feasible to think we aren't going to have games where the intensity drops? I think it's inevitable. And if he changes the team so much (some was enforced) and tries to involve a half dead Dybala and more fringe players all the time, then the likelihood is that we will have more games like this.

Against Cagliari we looked good, the press was nice, good intensity, looked really dangerous on the counter. But after Ronaldo's golazo they had to chase us second half, and left gaps by committing players. Ferencvaros scored a goal that none of our defenders will want to see again - they all made a mistake on it - and then it becomes us chasing the game. They set up two banks of four with the occasional break through our non-existent midfield. Momentum and situations in games create challenges. You could play a Serie B team and struggle to break this down with slow and predictable football. Just hoping for a bit of brilliance or a mistake. That's what both of our goals were.

What I'm saying is that Pirlo can't be so naive as to expect champagne football all the time during big bunches of games, heavy rotation, players coming in and out the team with different levels of fitness.

In terms of our counter attack right now, something so vital in modern football the problem is this - Morata sparks them, with his close control, directness, and turn of pace, and Dybala kills them, by taking 5 touches and jogging like a fat kid in P.E. You can't have two such different players in different moments of form and expect similar results.

Individually I think our players do have this habit of switching off. They would look at the fixture run of Cagliari, Ferencvaros, Benevento, Dynamo Kyiv and Torino coming before Barcelona and consciously or subconsciously think to themselves that this is an easier run. We think that, and they are human so they will think it just the same. But if the application and lack of focus is the same then we could struggle in those next three games as well. I think Dynamo are rubbish, but we'll rotate again for that, and Benevento away and the derby are banana skins waiting to happen with the same kind of attitude.

Speaking of individuals, apart from his goal I thought Ronaldo's general game was poor. The midfield duo did nothing to stake their claim. McKennie was rubbish. Kulu did nothing as a sub, and Chiesa very frustrating as well. Dybala is what he is right now, the ghost of a great player. Danilo was terrible, he morphed into Bonucci in a position which requires more responsibility than fullback. So Pirlo gets criticism but the lack of consistency also falls on the shoulders of the players.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Il be very honest. Things dont look good and at this point i feel that we are just waiting for a proper top team to stumble upon us and embarrass us...sending our season in spiral.

Because theres no way we will be able to compete with this weird gameplan and execution. Thats the harsh reality.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Il be very honest. Things dont look good and at this point i feel that we are just waiting for a proper top team to stumble upon us and embarrass us...sending our season in spiral.

Because theres no way we will be able to compete with this weird gameplan and execution. Thats the harsh reality.
We already got embarassed against Barca, at home, and it is prolly the worst Barca in the last 2 decades. Last night, it wasnt about formation, player selection, Pirlo's instruction or anything technical/tactical, but our players approached the game as if opponent would automatically lose a match if our players show up on the pitch. Our attitude was more akin to friendly game.

- - - Updated - - -

But... things arent as bad atm and Im hopeful we will pick up the pace in the following weeks.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We already got embarassed against Barca, at home, and it is prolly the worst Barca in the last 2 decades. Last night, it wasnt about formation, player selection, Pirlo's instruction or anything technical/tactical, but our players approached the game as if opponent would automatically lose a match if our players show up on the pitch. Our attitude was more akin to friendly game.

- - - Updated - - -

But... things arent as bad atm and Im hopeful we will pick up the pace in the following weeks.
I dont count the Barcelona game because they are trash, and we could have easily scored a few if it wasnt for VAR. Yes they embarrased us... but the point i want to make is.... that right now Barca is SHIT and just imagine what can happen if we face an on form top team like Bayern. We will be slaughtered pretty much like what they did to Barcelona.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Also look around other leagues, every top club is struggling, lack of preseason, moronic international games every few weeks are crowding already packed schedule, lack of fans is killing the overal atmosphere. All in all its a wierd season.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
The players are seemingly on side with Pirlo, Ronaldo above all else. Sacking Pirlo anytime soon would be stupid, especially to replace him with that nut case gattuso who I think is a terribly overrated manager already, just a poor mans Cunte if anything. With Pirlo there is certainly some positives to be had, I like the fact that we attack in numbers and flood the opposition box which we never saw under Sarri and Allegri.
True.

Yes, and once we lose the ball everything goes to shit.
Also true.

I think it’d have been an easy win had we played our main starters aka the players in better form.

I understand the number of matches within the month is mental but to this day I’m still trying to figure out how Pep’s Barcelona did it. All the major players playing week in week out with barely any rotatingwhile playing a high pressing system... that and the amount of trophies they won.

So I don’t get the need to rotate half the team, literally half at one time. Maybe take it easy with the training sessions (which every former player says it’s extremely tough and demanding) and let our players rest more?
Better players. Especially in midfield.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If we play the same tactics against a top side then we're too exposed, especially how high up Bentancur and McKennie played. Also Pirlo often plays Kulusevski as 4th most attacking player when imo he should be 3rd most attacking. I am ok with this approach against teams that need to be broken down, defend deep and technically inferior. But there has to an alternate gameplan for big teams.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Can't believe we still have such problems in midfield. I can only hope for Locatelli in January, he seems like the best fit for us right now.
How can he solve it? He is a holding mid. We already have Rodridog who is a great holding mid, but Andrea plays him upfront, and Arthur as a holding mid. It's either Arthur improves, or Andrea will play Rodrigo-Rabiot as a double pivot. And Locatelli is no marginally better if better at all than either of them.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
How can he solve it? He is a holding mid. We already have Rodridog who is a great holding mid, but Andrea plays him upfront, and Arthur as a holding mid. It's either Arthur improves, or Andrea will play Rodrigo-Rabiot as a double pivot. And Locatelli is no marginally better if better at all than either of them.
He's a holding mid, but he does/can get forward quite a bit. I think he can play next to any of Arthur, Bentancur and Rabiot.

He's better defensively than Arthur and is a better and more vertical passer than any of our mids, both characteristics which we're lacking

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He's a holding mid, but he does/can get forward quite a bit. I think he can play next to any of Arthur, Bentancur and Rabiot.

He's better defensively than Arthur and is a better and more vertical passer than any of our mids, both characteristics which we're lacking
The bold part goes without saying, Arthur is slow and physically weak. Locatelli is becoming a highlights can-do-all player which he is not. He is fairly slow, his passing is nothing to write home about, he can't dribble. Locatelli looks good because he is not asked to do too much.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The bold part goes without saying, Arthur is slow and physically weak. Locatelli is becoming a highlights can-do-all player which he is not. He is fairly slow, his passing is nothing to write home about, he can't dribble. Locatelli looks good because he is not asked to do too much.
Maybe. I don't watch him that often.

But we need a good midfielder who can defend and pass, whoever he is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)