Andrea Pirlo (68 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
The most important under construction principles but more in general of our possession are:

1) Creating the dribble rhombus around the ball carrier: support, lateral supports and vertex (the latter possibly behind the pressure line). Regardless of the role, players close to the ball must continually rebuild this rumble around the ball. If a rumble player is marked tight, it can move to go and go and its place it will be occupied by a partner.

2) Creation and occupation of free spaces : behind the line of pressure free players wait for the ball, correcting continuously the position (equal distance from the opponents) posture; on the contrary the marked players move and create one space, a companion can occupy that free space and can be served quickly. If it is marked, it will move again recreating the process for creating the spaces.

3) It is necessary to recognize the game codes : if the ball carrier is free with the ball open the teammates move away / unmark in finishing / attack depth. If vice versa the bearer ball is under pressure and / or in difficulty, teammates are approaching to help him and advance possession.

4) In our football (“position game”) the most important aspect is precisely the positions . The positions of the play structure waiting for the ball to arrive by the player and not the other way around.

Other important sub principles:

– a) if I have space I carry the ball until an opponent comes out (in this case our top prepares for a 1-2)
– b) if free, the partner must be served beyond the opponent’s line (not always because it depends on whether we have positional superiority /qualitative)
– c) ball above ball below
– d) ball inside ball out
– e) I play right to go left
– f) I play on who I see
– g) I play and move
– h) playing mainly the ball on the ground
– i) always and continuously stand in the light area
– m) look for diagonal passages

n) search for the third man
“The third man is impossible to defend” (quote by Xavi)

We need high stamina players for this kind of play. Dribbling when free (principle 1) to invite opponent marking creating space behind. High pressing can be used by other team with good possession to tired out our players. Constant move to creating free space (principle 2), this will be the numbers game, when we are attacking with more numbers, the surplus player will becoming the third man (sub principle n). This player can't be marked, because when opponent defender change his marked player, it will make the player that he marked before free.

So the key is high depth is needed, to introduce more and more fresh legs. This can be good with 5 subs
We need depth with high prospect and quality as they can improve with available game time. It is always OK to sub main players to maintain their energy high and give game time for young players

– e) I play right to go left >> stretching play, inviting opponent to the right to attacking free space on the left
– f) I play on who I see >> the transition will be on short passing to ensure possession
– g) I play and move >> movement to creating space
– h) playing mainly the ball on the ground >> most of the play will be short passes, but open for long ball when opportunity arrives

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
so expect something like this in attacking phase:
1600258521508.png
replace Bentancur with McKennie and yeah. The more I learn about Pirlos philosophies the more sure I am that McKennie will be a central piece to the project.

Im also guessing we’ll roll with 3 CMs until we get a 9, with Arthur the likely inclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw this only confirms we probably wont be buying another mid, he basically plays only with two CMs.
Not sure about that. Rabiot still needs a backup/competition. Arthur and Ramsey have different characteristics. Locatelli would be perfect for that system.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
replace Bentancur with McKennie and yeah. The more I learn about Pirlos philosophies the more sure I am that McKennie will be a central piece to the project.

Im also guessing we’ll roll with 3 CMs until we get a 9, with Arthur the likely inclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about that. Rabiot still needs a backup/competition. Arthur and Ramsey have different characteristics. Locatelli would be perfect for that system.
Yep i think the same. His energy and supposed prowess in recovering balls will give him the upper hand.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I have a feeling we're going to run over Serie A teams, but get fucked in CL with that approach.

Main reason - half of our squad can't sustain tempo needed for this to work. Also, at least one third of the squad is injury-prone and usually not available.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I have a feeling we're going to run over Serie A teams, but get fucked in CL with that approach.

Main reason - half of our squad can't sustain tempo needed for this to work. Also, at least one third of the squad is injury-prone and usually not available.
I think that will be reverse

This style needed space. We will easily win in CL especially group stage. But in serie A we will get so much draw, because the opponent parking bus and while we dominate high in possession but we can bot capitalize. Especially if there are no improvement in our #9 search

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)