Andrea Pirlo (25 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Pirlo: I'll play till I feel i'm a burden.

He has spoken to the management already, and he told them, we have a whole year to discuss a new contract, I will keep on playing till I feel I am a burden on the team, then I will stop.

Che uomo!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
What a player,what a gentleman.Let's see how the year goes,and if he'll be in a good shape why not sign him for another year.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Pirlo wants Juve extension, but…
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Pirlo says he is ready to end his career at Juventus so long as he continues to be a key part of the project.

The playmaker, now 34, will be out of contract at the end of the season following his Bosman free transfer from Milan in 2011.

“I’ll certainly play on, we’ll just have to see where,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Friday. “I’ve already spoken to the club and we’ll meet again at the end of the season.

“Juve are my priority, but I don’t want to be a weight for anybody. The years go by, but it is not written that I have to stay here just because I am called Pirlo.

“I want to feel important and a part of the side’s success, otherwise I’ll leave. But I want to underline that it won’t be a problem about money or choosing between one club and another.

“If I had to change, perhaps I’ll go abroad. I’ll certainly continue playing for a high level team.”

Pirlo has been linked with a possible move to Real Madrid this summer, but he’s shot down that suggestion.

“I’ve spoken with my agent and Real boss Carlo Ancelotti, someone who I regularly talk to,” he admitted. “But nobody has offered me the chance to join Real…”

Pirlo has been a decisive figure in the Old Lady’s last two Scudetti and he has his eyes on a hat-trick of League championships despite their struggles in pre-season.

“There is nothing to worry about, we are working hard,” the Italian international added. “We’ve had problems during the summer in previous seasons too, but then we changed gear.

“I’m not concerned in the slightest ahead of the Italian Super Cup or the championship.”

Juventus boss Antonio Conte and goalkeeper Gigi Buffon have both spoken about the dangers of over confidence after their success over the past 24 months.

“After two successive titles, you need to play more with your heads and with more desire. Gigi added a bit of pepper to warn the squad.

“If you are Juventus then you always have the desire to win – that is natural. And we want to continue doing that.

“Conte has made us aware that it will be tough, he’s reminded us that – apart from the Juve side of the 1930s – this club has never won three League titles in succession. We want to become part of this club’s history.

“Scudetto rivals? There are a lot of clubs who have been built well – Napoli, Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina.”

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I'd love for him to stay with us for another season, but if he fulfils all his goals with us (3rd straight Scudetto, CL and Coppa triumphs), I can see him leaving for a new challenge at another club. In an ideal world, he'd stay around with us for another season or two and retire in Bianconero. Legend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)