vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
What if Kulu isn't a player he wants or fit his tactical plans? :scared:
Pirlo has to be one of the most intelligent, tactically adept footballers ever and, from reading his book, he is very cocky, self assured and not at all afraid to tell others what he thinks of them/ what needs to be said.

dude casually mentions preparing for and winning the World Cup as if it was nothing. Pretty sure he's got ice in the veins.

I also remember him mentioning that his least favorite part of football was pre match warmups. That he thought they were useless masturbation and never put any effort into them :howler:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pirlo has to be one of the most intelligent, tactically adept footballers ever and, from reading his book, he is very cocky, self assured and not at all afraid to tell others what he thinks of them/ what needs to be said.

dude casually mentions preparing for and winning the World Cup as if it was nothing. Pretty sure he's got ice in the veins.

I also remember him mentioning that his least favorite part of football was pre match warmups. That he thought they were useless masturbation and never put any effort into them :howler:
lol hopefully our prematch warmups don't affect the players.

I'd hate to turn into a club with a lot of injuries.

lul

- - - Updated - - -

When we had a team with a plan :tup:

Last edited:

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
No matter how much I try to say everything is okay and this is a good choice I just can't....

This is the most unreasonable choice. Seems mike we have no plan, no idea what we do and where we move.

I think we are going to fail big this next season and I hope I'm proved wrong.

But I also think Pirlo will be just a face and will have no say.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
The stars didn't align at all...sarri had to go...it was a short summer in between seasons, covid fucked us with cash, we fucked up previous seasons by either keeping the likes of sami or offering stupid salaries like ramseys. We got knocked out early to Lyon in the CL...for me this appointment is almost like agnelli has given up on the CL and wants a reset for the team. We clean out the shit. Replace them with lower cost players...he puts hope in pirlo...a player every fan adored knowing most would be on a boner when seeing it in the media. We hopefully keep dybala and ronaldo and try to build a team quickly that still wins the scudetto but more importantly play exciting football and make it past the last 16 in the CL. Achievable no doubt as long as the players buy into pirlos tactics and charming ways.

There were other options right...bring in pep and give him fuck all budget to spend. Bring in zidane..again tell him he has to buy from udinese and sassuolo. Not the easiest of conversations.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Did lyon-city change/tweak perceptions about complete squad overhaul needed and not competing for trophies next season, or are the feelings still the same?
Not at all for me. Same shit different day since 2017 broke us mentally. Lyon was just a continuation.

City bottled it because Pep benched half of his creative talent to mirror a Lyon team for God knows what reason. He gimped his own team out.

If that was the Lyon XI in a BPL game he would have put out the usual XI and probably won it comfortably.

We just have the least creative midfield of all time behind Ronaldo and it's infuriating to watch.

Also yet again we're probably, no definitely one of the slowest squads in the CL. We could use a couple of players that can hurt a team if they're given space. We're fucking lethargic.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
There is one thing that nobody talks about (at least for now) is the fact that we will have very big advantage over Inter in the next season.

If they proceed to the final of EL, the match will take place on Friday, August 21st. Serie A season starts September 19th. So between the final and the start of the new season they won`t even have a full month. Their players will go on vacation, but I guess it will be a short break for them because they will have to start the pre season soon. If they start their preparations on time (like all the other clubs) their players wont have time to recharge the batteries which on long run would kill them. If they start a little bit later than the others then they wont have enough time to prepare for the season and will probably hit their peak form later then usual, or maybe they will hit the peak but I doubt it will last for long, or they won`t have consistency in their results. Given the fact they will not be fully prepared it`s almost certain that they will have injury problems throughout the season.
One of these scenarios will occur for sure, if not more than one. Just for comparison, their last game of the season should be on 21st this month if they make the final, while our preparations should start 24th or 25th if I`m not mistaken:lol:

The only advantage they have over us is that they will probably still have Conte`s wig on the bench next season. It would be same old tactics, same old training regimes, procedures, directions, tactics etc. Getting a new coach in these circumstances will almost guarantee us another Scudetto. They know they wont we able to compete with us if they fire Conte so they will hold on to him and try to bring him the best players.

Getting Pirlo a more than capable staff to prepare the team will be crucial for us, aside from the new signings. This will play a big role in the next season. Since he is probably the most inexperienced coach in Europe at the moment, he will need experienced assistants, great medical team and great coaches for our fitness levels. If he is provided with capable staff and signings worthy of Juventus we might survive this ground zero season with success.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
No matter how much I try to say everything is okay and this is a good choice I just can't....

This is the most unreasonable choice. Seems mike we have no plan, no idea what we do and where we move.

I think we are going to fail big this next season and I hope I'm proved wrong.

But I also think Pirlo will be just a face and will have no say.
I understand your worries but if Pirlo is the most unreasonable choice, what would that make Sarri?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)