Andrea Pirlo (41 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'm starting to like the idea of 3-5-2, or more 3-4-1-2 is it would fit both Ronaldo and Dybala.

A realistic version:

Szczesny
De Ligt - Bonucci - Demiral
Cuadrado - Arthur - Bentancur - Gosens
Dybala
Dzeko - Ronaldo​

- Even though people don't like Bonucci, he's a great playmaker from the back and he's a must in the middle of a back 3.
- 2 athletic defenders on the sides in De Ligt and Demiral who should be able to cover a lot of space when the wingbacks are not on defense.
- Dybala gets to play his favorite position, Ronaldo gets to play his favorite position without us having to cover for him on the left wing.. Happy days.
- As we've seen during the season, we're missing a presence in the penalty area when Ronaldo and Dybala play together, Dzeko would be a cheap solution that wouldn't cost too much.
- Questions in regards to how the defense in the middle would look like with Arthur and Benta.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm starting to like the idea of 3-5-2, or more 3-4-1-2 is it would fit both Ronaldo and Dybala.

A realistic version:

Szczesny
Dybala
Dzeko - Ronaldo​

- Even though people don't like Bonucci, he's a great playmaker from the back and he's a must in the middle of a back 3.
- 2 athletic defenders on the sides in De Ligt and Demiral who should be able to cover a lot of space when the wingbacks are not on defense.
- Dybala gets to play his favorite position, Ronaldo gets to play his favorite position without us having to cover for him on the left wing.. Happy days.
- As we've seen during the season, we're missing a presence in the penalty area when Ronaldo and Dybala play together, Dzeko would be a cheap solution that wouldn't cost too much.
- Questions in regards to how the defense in the middle would look like with Arthur and Benta.
:touched:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
No he is not good enough. He has some potential, but every Ajax youngster get hyped for nothing. Most Ajax supporters prefer Mazrouai over Sergino Dest. Cuadrado is technically and defensively far better. I prefer Owen Wijndal from AZ
Is Wijndal LB? I guess we already look Gosens for LB?
What do you think about Koopmeiners and Boadu? Koopmeiners seems to have a very nice left foot for long passing, free kick and can also be be deployed as LCB

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

A realistic version:

Szczesny
Dybala
Dzeko - Ronaldo​

I keep seeing posts about this formation, but idk man it just seems so incredibly soft in the middle. Sure, Bentancur makes some nice tackle every now and then, but who else. It's not like we have a prime Vidal there or something. Combined with two offensive fullbacks, Dybala + Ronaldo, and Arthur who from what I understand isn't exactly a defensive powerhouse creating a highway straight down the middle into Bonucci? I'm just not seeing it.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
I keep seeing posts about this formation, but idk man it just seems so incredibly soft in the middle. Sure, Bentancur makes some nice tackle every now and then, but who else. It's not like we have a prime Vidal there or something. Combined with two offensive fullbacks, Dybala + Ronaldo, and Arthur who from what I understand isn't exactly a defensive powerhouse creating a highway straight down the middle into Bonucci? I'm just not seeing it.
Totally agree. This Arthur transfer is just a way for us to get rid of pjanic and help Barca balance their books. Arthur as a player just a soft bentancur. We really need someone in the mold of pogba or prime Vidal. Heard somewhere that we are interested in Partey that will be good.

——————CR7———Morata——————
—————————dybala—————————
Kulu———bentan———partey——cuad
————alaba——deligt—-demiral————
—————————tekkkk——————-

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What about:

Szczesny
Demiral - Bonucci - DeLigt
Cuadrado - Partey - Arthur - Gosens
Kulu*
Dybala - Ronaldo​

Defensive shape:

Szczesny
Cuadrado - Demiral - Bonucci - DeLigt - Gosens
Kulu* - Partey - Arthur
Dybala - Ronaldo​

*Preferably someone better but same type of AM/CM with some defensive ability or grinta like Kulu.

I think we'll have two formations like first years under Allegri. Set ones, not bunch of formations with no clear ideas like these past few years.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The midfield of Arthur - Rabiot - Bentancur seems compatible to me. With the addition of competition with the likes of De Paul and another defensive midfielder, I believe we are balanced in that department.

I like Thomas Partey but I don't think we are willing to pay 40-50m for that type of a player and rightfully so.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Totally agree. This Arthur transfer is just a way for us to get rid of pjanic and help Barca balance their books. Arthur as a player just a soft bentancur. We really need someone in the mold of pogba or prime Vidal. Heard somewhere that we are interested in Partey that will be good.

——————CR7———Morata——————
—————————dybala—————————
Kulu———bentan———partey——cuad
————alaba——deligt—-demiral————
—————————tekkkk——————-
What about:

Szczesny
Demiral - Bonucci - DeLigt
Cuadrado - Partey - Arthur - Gosens
Kulu*
Dybala - Ronaldo​

Defensive shape:

Szczesny
Cuadrado - Demiral - Bonucci - DeLigt - Gosens
Kulu* - Partey - Arthur
Dybala - Ronaldo​

*Preferably someone better but same type of AM/CM with some defensive ability or grinta like Kulu.

I think we'll have two formations like first years under Allegri. Set ones, not bunch of formations with no clear ideas like these past few years.
I honestly know nothing about Partey :p

I just think conceptually if we're going with a formation like this we're going to need a strong DM to compensate for much of the rest of the team pushing forward and Bonucci existing in his current state.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Partey can play. Would be a tremendous signing.

Regarding Pirlo. Hit or miss in the worst way. Liek with Ciro. He could lose much of his status if he fails.

One can't have a legitimate opinion on his appointment, since his ability is as unknown as Badass' experience with women.

That said Pirlo is a gifted mind on the pitch. Hopefully he can translate that to off the pitch.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Partey can play. Would be a tremendous signing.

Regarding Pirlo. Hit or miss in the worst way. Liek with Ciro. He could lose much of his status if he fails.

One can't have a legitimate opinion on his appointment, since his ability is as unknown as Badass' experience with women.

That said Pirlo is a gifted mind on the pitch. Hopefully he can translate that to off the pitch.
Pirlo has to be one of the most intelligent, tactically adept footballers ever and, from reading his book, he is very cocky, self assured and not at all afraid to tell others what he thinks of them/ what needs to be said.

dude casually mentions preparing for and winning the World Cup as if it was nothing. Pretty sure he's got ice in the veins.

I also remember him mentioning that his least favorite part of football was pre match warmups. That he thought they were useless masturbation and never put any effort into them :howler:

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I agree, Pirlo has to be one of the most intelligent, tactically adept footballers ever and, from reading his book, he is very cocky, self assured and not at all afraid to tell others what he thinks of them/ what needs to be said.

dude casually mentions preparing for and winning the World Cup as if it was nothing. Pretty sure he's got ice in the veins.

I also remember him mentioning that his least favorite part of football was pre match warmups. That he thought they were useless masturbation and never put any effort into them :howler:

I hope you miss the matches like he misses warmups.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Pirlo has to be one of the most intelligent, tactically adept footballers ever and, from reading his book, he is very cocky, self assured and not at all afraid to tell others what he thinks of them/ what needs to be said.

Being tactically adept as a player doesn't mean anything when you're being a coach. Being head coach is a totally different job compared to a player. You need to controll the dressing room, motivate players on a weekly players, transition tactics on to the pitch, optimize communication skills, working on fitness etc.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Being tactically adept as a player doesn't mean anything when you're being a coach. Being head coach is a totally different job compared to a player. You need to controll the dressing room, motivate players on a weekly players, transition tactics on to the pitch, optimize communication skills, working on fitness etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)