Andrea Pirlo (166 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
He was the architect of our resurrection. We should all be forever grateful towards him for these fantastic past 4 years (yeah the last 2 weren't that great but still).

I don't think I've ever seen a MC perform at a higher level than Pirlo did in that 2011/2012 season. Shit was cray cray, every match was perfect by him, a true genius on the ball, 20/20 vision.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
He won 4 league titles with us. You can't just consider him a Milan legend. I don't think you can link him to any club. He played for Inter, Milan and Juventus. He is a legend, but not a club legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Madrid isn't anywhere near the sea.
He is definitely a club legend for both us and Milan the same way Zidane was for us and Madrid. Pirlo was THE key player behind our resurgence. Del Piero and Nedved stuck around despite all what happened but couldnt turn our fortunes around. Pirlo actually did turn our fortunes around. He clearly doesnt have the former dou's loyalty but he did give this club his all ever since he joined and that happened to be the determining factor on the pitch that makes Juve what it is today. Its not like he spent a short time here either.

There is no way Zidane was a legend and Pirlo not. You can be a legend at more than one club if you did legendary stuff at both clubs. I am sure Ronaldo will be a legend of Madrid and Man United. You don't have to spend your whole career in the same place to be a legend at that club.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Must be the dumbest post I've ever seen from you.

"Yeah you had all the hallmarks of being a legend, guy, but you were here 4 years instead of 5, so you're not."

Great reasoning.

- - - Updated - - -

:cry: :broken:

- - - Updated - - -
@baggio you know I love you, but I got really annoyed when I came into this thread just now and read that post.

I mean, ok, I suppose I expected that Juve fans would be split in terms of whether to regard Pirlo as a legend or not, but at least come up with some good arguments why he's not a Juve legend.

"He was here 4 years, not 5" simply doesn't cut it. Really bad argument.
Haha sorry J, Not a Juve legend because he carried a 10 year old legacy for Meelan, and that would always hold greater stead than his 4 years at Juve. Maybe it came out wrong, though I woulda loved him to have been here half a decade and see out his contract. :)

Hope you're feeling better post that clarification, I love him myself bro. :)

He won 4 league titles with us. You can't just consider him a Milan legend. I don't think you can link him to any club. He played for Inter, Milan and Juventus. He is a legend, but not a club legend.

- - - Updated - - -

Madrid isn't anywhere near the sea.
Not where he moved eventually, it was claimed backed then that he wanted to move away from Juve because his wife wanted to be near the sea, and since Spain could offer her that (also her homeland iirc), she coaxed him to move there. I don't think the choice of club was decided. If I'm not mistaken. I think Moggi has given an interview mentioning the same. Ages ago, but this came just after he signed a new contract with the club.

Ballon d'or for us. Why not a Juve Legend?
I say Juve legend.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Zizous wife (who is also Spanish iirc) wanted a move to Spain because she wanted to live closer to the sea. I don't think the choice of club was hers to make as long as he moved throw Italy to Spain.
But she was still close to the sea in Italy?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
sorry for gettin snappy, @baggio

Yeah I didn't like your post, but I had no reason to lash out like that.

*bows head in shame*

Haha, all well @Jem83 can we go back to being Matri homeboys already? :flirt:

- - - Updated - - -

But she was still close to the sea in Italy?
She was also Spanish broski. Been a long time to that, but I'm pretty sure Moggi gave an interview suggesting the same.

@Mark @Hydde anyone remember this story in its entirety?

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11,636
    Haha, all well @Jem83 can we go back to being Matri homeboys already? :flirt:

- - - Updated - - -

She was also Spanish broski. Been a long time to that, but I'm pretty sure Moggi gave an interview suggesting the same.

@Mark @Hydde anyone remember this story in its entirety?
    not in it's entirety, just that his wife wanted to move over there.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Vieri wearing Juve shorts :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

See post above yours.
    Got it :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

not in it's entirety, just that his wife wanted to move over there.
    Markus, how does nobody remember this story? :lol: losing my mind I think :D

- - - Updated - - -

Found this Reuters report from back in 2000. Check out the last para.

Barcelona On My Mind.......(Reuters)
    08/11/2000. With the confirmation that Zidane’s agent is talking to Barcelona, the Spanish Liga could well host the top 3 creative/free-role players in the world.

Zidane will join Rivaldo to form the definitive attacking midfield unit while Luis Figo directs creation at Real.
    Juve’s president Gianni Agnelli has been increasingly vocal about keeping the French star in Turin, but recently, the signs have not augured well that he wants to stay with the bianconeri.

After an interview for the Italian press was allegedly misquoted, Moggi was quick to blame the language barrier for the misunderstanding. Zidane came across in print as dissatisfied with Juve’s transfer activities and the inference drawn by the reader was that Juventus had been unambitious during the close.

Zidane’s words were put in a false context, Moggi argued and was quick to publically repair the damage as Real made it public that an agreement existed between the two clubs. But Moggi’s decision to limit Zidane’s media contact to the minimum as a result was never going to reassure the midfielder to stay.

Now flush from the Figo transfer, Barca have bid $60million and this would seem to decide Zidane’s future. Agent Migliascio reports that negotiations are at an advanced stage and Zidane is understood to be asking for $100k per week which is of course acceptable to the Catalonia club.

Juventus have the Uruguayan Fabian O’Neill to take up the playmaking slack until a replacement for Zidane can be found, but the damage to morale would be difficult to patch up. Already Del Piero has been barracked by Juve and the club warned him - again via the media - that his days of being a “mummy’s boy” were over.

After last year’s final day collapse and the fact that Zidane no longer considers Juventus to be a side capable of winning the Champions League title he so badly craves, it looks like his wife will achieve her dream after all and return to her homeland to live by the sea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)