Andrea Pirlo (126 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, I mean, what more could he possibly do?

He won many titles here, playing like a God for 3 seasons in a row, and his last one was also good.

Tremendous impact from the very first second and immediately became one of the true leaders of the team. And I'm sure he ignited a worldwide interest in Juve among the neutrals.

People who don't consider him a legend, is it because he was only here 4 seasons, or? He's only 25-or something games shy of Platini's total games for Juve, just to offer some perspective. Personally, I don't think 'games played' matter that much. What counts is what you do while you're at the club.

And Pirlo has earned himself a place in the hearts of all the juventini. He will always be remembered as a Juve great.

Legend at both Milan and Juve. An amazing achievement, something that only a guy like him could pull off.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with @Scottish that he's the biggest icon of the Juve resurgence. The true superstar of that era.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Laudrup was an incredible player, but from what I know about him, what I've seen, and also in regard to quotes from other players (there's a famous quote on Laudrup by Platini, for instance); he struggled to bring his A-game at Juventus. He was amazing in training, and yes, also in some matches, but he wasn't able to shine with consistency on the pitch.

I think it's rather silly to compare the two in terms of how they fared at Juve.

Laudrup was a very good player for Juventus, no doubt, but Pirlo's contribution has been several levels above. And he won alot more.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
He's came when we in dire need for icons, when we still hurting badly because some stupid calciopoli scandal.
Playing and carrying the team behind his back, for 2 first season, and still very capable for last 2 season
When in milan he's surrounded by many good player, the same couldn't be said when he arrive at juve.
He leave his marks, legends or not.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I also love how we got to see a different side of him at Juventus, in addition to him being a master of technique, passing and free-kicks. As for free-kicks, btw, he stepped up his game even further here.

But anyway, I'm referring to his willingness to work for the team. At Juve he ran his ass off, for 4 years, and you would also see him tackle opponent players quite often. I just love how he was able to adapt to 'lo stile Juve', the very thing Cassano always shunned ("I will never join Juve cause it's like a machine and you have to work your ass off there"). But Pirlo went all in, respecting our shirt, our club values and football philosophy from day one. I simply love him for that.

At Milan he was a majestic player. At Juve, he was a majestic player with incredible workrate. Now how fucking cool is that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)