Andrea Pirlo (94 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Is it me or Pirlo plays in a somehow different role nowadays?

From what I've noticed it looks like we've dropped Pirlo way behind, sometimes it even looks like he's a part of our defense. I noticed we're doing less fuck ups seeing him there, but man, so much space is left open in the midfield. Most of the time it was only Pogba and Vidal covering the space, although I've seen Caceres there a couple of times but a bit wider. I'm not liking it personally as we're exposing way too much. Not just that but we're restricting Vidal and Pogba way more than before imo. We do get a lot when Pirlo plays but I'm afraid we lose even more when he's playing. It's kinda sad that our by far strongest weapon, midfield, is getting restricted so much because of him. Having Pirlo on the pitch is not really a disaster but it's going to be horrible if we have him as a starter for the next season as well. We must go with Pogba - Marchisio - Vidal and with a proper AM behind our strikers. Sure, Pirlo has wonderful passes and makes some great assists, sure he has great FKs. But I feel like we're 1/3 weaker with Pirlo being there. Not to mention Europe and higher pace games. I think it's gonna be a suicide if we field Pirlo against Dortmund.
He is playing very deep.

And that makes it hard for him to make really telling passes. All he can do back there is nudge the ball about in a fairly harmless fashion.

So you have Pirlo with his failing more exposed and his strengths minimised.

Sounds like a recipe for deciding Van Bommel would be a better option in that role...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Even ignoring Pirlo's strengths and weaknesses, it's such a shame that Marchisio is not playing DM as much as possible for us because he has been simply sublime in that role. Just a fucking joy to watch there. Does everything right in my mind.

As a B2B he is nowhere near as good as he is at DM.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Even ignoring Pirlo's strengths and weaknesses, it's such a shame that Marchisio is not playing DM as much as possible for us because he has been simply sublime in that role. Just a fucking joy to watch there. Does everything right in my mind.

As a B2B he is nowhere near as good as he is at DM.
Yep. Plus Pirlo makes us more vulnerable to counter attacks and is slow as a turtle.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Nearly finished reading his book, i cant believe i would finish it in 2 days.. I must say, the guy is pure class, he really is a combination of great man, player and professional, the guy really loves the Azzurri.. The way he talks about Del Piero, you know he respects Del Piero a lot even if they dont know each other too well, and was only team mates when Del Piero was not having the best time (being benched, not getting contract renewal and had to leave Juve)

Definitely recommend the book..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)