Andrea Pirlo (44 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I would like to see Pirlo play every 2 games, dont think he can play every week like he has been doing for the passed 3 seaons for us. Against tough teams like Roma, Marchisio should start and against teams who will park the bus and give Pirlo time on the ball he should play those games. We cant really have him letting attackers run by him against the good teams as we will get punished.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He is slowing down and we are about to extend his contract for 2 more years. It is a very difficult situation. If we can bring in an attacking midfielder or wingers this summer and change to a 4-3-3 where we can get plenty of creativity elsewhere then not playing Pirlo wouldn't matter as much. But if conte continues to play the way he has we'll struggle without his creativity for sure.

I just think we are seeing signs at the moment that he may not be able to do it at this level for another couple of years. Add another world cup to it this summer, a hectic schedule again next season...a 35 year old will struggle.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's not even so much about Pirlo as it is about basing your system around a regista with 3 CBs behind him. Move the attacking impetus up the field!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Would be nice...but as conte as often said, he works and makes the best of what he has available. Add some creative players on the winger to feed tevez and llorente and pirlo's creative reliance isn't needed as much. Although it must be said when he played at Milan and had kaka in his prime ahead of him, it worked wonders.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he wasnt superb since the EURO 2012 :frown:
I would like to see Pirlo play every 2 games, dont think he can play every week like he has been doing for the passed 3 seaons for us. Against tough teams like Roma, Marchisio should start and against teams who will park the bus and give Pirlo time on the ball he should play those games. We cant really have him letting attackers run by him against the good teams as we will get punished.
This and this.

and yeah... the euro fuked him

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He hasnt been that great since 2nd half of last season.His performances have been way overstated here.

I just dont like how he takes too much time to release the ball sometimes,its like we play slow motion football with him.Seriously i have enjoyed watching our performances more when Marchisio is playing instead of him.

Yeah he makes those occasional genius passes sometimes but imo i'm not very convinced we should extend his contract nor that he should be a starter next season.Or lets just say,if he is ok with being rotated often,then it wont be bad to keep him i suppose.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
He sill has some magical performances but those are few and far between now.
What I don't understand though is how our management came up with that "2 year" in their contract extension offer to him?, Let alone the wage raise.
I mean are they blind?! By the start of the second year this guy will barely be able to walk.
Even right now he's hardly doing any defensive work. It's obvious that he's just tracking/jogging back a little bit to have an excuse for those criticizing his defensive liability. Where in fact what he does is just trailing the opponent player with no intention of doing any actual defending (Out of fear of injuring himself in the process I guess).

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Quite amusing that when he has a great game, this thread is full of people saying he's still world class & deserves the extension, then he has a poor or average game & it's full of people saying he's finished/don't renew.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Quite amusing that when he has a great game, this thread is full of people saying he's still world class & deserves the extension, then he has a poor or average game & it's full of people saying he's finished/don't renew.
That's the same for virtually every player. I've gotten used to it by now.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
:lol: People were praising Giovinco for a good performance agaisnt the weakest team we've ever played. That should tell you something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)