Andrea Pirlo (65 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Even if he's plan C if we fail to get both Allegri and Zidane it's still a horrible option. Him being an option is horrible by default.
I agree.

Why? We hired the worst possible option with Pirlo before, why is Gattuso far fetched?
Idle hope? :grin:

But to be serious, if Gattuso was an ex Juve player or if he had had a more succesful coaching career so far, he would be an obvious choice. But he's got neither of these things going for him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The obsession of clubs hiring ex-players to coach is ridiculous by default. Sometimes it works out but majority of times it's just plain stupid.

Even worse when you have those who were not even intelligent, players/coaches like Gattuso and Mihajlovic.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...But to be serious, if Gattuso was an ex Juve player or if he had had a more succesful coaching career so far, he would be an obvious choice. But he's got neither of these things going for him.
i don't want to defend a potential gattuso appointment, i couldn't and i won't. he'd be a disappointing choice.

but let me just ask this: would you pick carrera, a former player, assistant coach to conte, a league winner coach, or gattuso? i'd pick carrera, but i bet that if there was a poll on vs, more than 60% of italians would pick gattuso. he's got a good rep of being a good motivator, and that's above all what we need. (and again, i'm not promoting gattuso as our next coach. i want allegri or zz, the rest of the rumored names would show a serious lack of ambition. *insert jj shirt*)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
i don't want to defend a potential gattuso appointment, i couldn't and i won't. he'd be a disappointing choice.

but let me just ask this: would you pick carrera, a former player, assistant coach to conte, a league winner coach, or gattuso? i'd pick carrera, but i bet that if there was a poll on vs, more than 60% of italians would pick gattuso. he's got a good rep of being a good motivator, and that's above all what we need. (and again, i'm not promoting gattuso as our next coach. i want allegri or zz, the rest of the rumored names would show a serious lack of ambition. *insert jj shirt*)
If I had to choose between those 2, I think I would end up going for Carrera. And I'm not even sure why.

I think I just don't see any real potential in Gattuso. I loved him as a player, but his coaching career so far is very, very underwhelming imo.

As a side note: having to chose between Carrera & Gattuso. Good times! :grin:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
From Allegri to Sarri, from Sarri to Pirlo and from Pirlo to Gattuso. Can you imagine?

We can :agnelli::fab::pavel:
It's not up to imagination anymore. That's the process that we have learned and trusted.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets add Seedorf and Nesta too while we're at it.

Buffon recently hinted at coaching too...
We can try them all season after another until inter get tired of winning.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I obviously want Zidane or Allegri but if you have to change Pirlo and these two aren't available, then Gattuso is a ridiculous choice. Even if it's the stupid "Must be Italian" rule, you have better options in Gasperini, Simone Inzaghi and De Zerbi.

I'd rather stick with Pirlo than appoint freaking Gattuso.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I obviously want Zidane or Allegri but if you have to change Pirlo and these two aren't available, then Gattuso is a ridiculous choice. Even if it's the stupid "Must be Italian" rule, you have better options in Gasperini, Simone Inzaghi and De Zerbi.

I'd rather stick with Pirlo than appoint freaking Gattuso.
This is a ridiculous statement. Pirlo should be ousted no matter what.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
There are also plenty of better coaches than Gattuso and club of Juve's level should look at those names rather than another Italian mediocrity that popped up.
I agree, but you know damn well we won't get a high profile coach. Allegri will go to Madrid and I doubt Zidane will coach right away

And by replacing Pirlo with Gattuso we upgrade. The Earth won't implode like some are suggesting

I know its sad however

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I agree, but you know damn well we won't get a high profile coach. Allegri will go to Madrid and I doubt Zidane will coach right away

And by replacing Pirlo with Gattuso we upgrade. The Earth won't implode like some are suggesting

I know its sad however
The Earth won't implode but he'll end up lasting no more than a season here before we sack him and have to find a replacement again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)