Andrea Pirlo (36 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I agree, but you know damn well we won't get a high profile coach. Allegri will go to Madrid and I doubt Zidane will coach right away

And by replacing Pirlo with Gattuso we upgrade. The Earth won't implode like some are suggesting

I know its sad however
It's a sideways move at best.

This is just normalizing mediocrity

Gattuso is as average as they come

I'd rather take my chances on Simone Inzaghi if we're going for a relatively low profile coach. This guy has actually got Lazio to overachieve unlike Gattuso's former and current teams.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I agree, but you know damn well we won't get a high profile coach. Allegri will go to Madrid and I doubt Zidane will coach right away

And by replacing Pirlo with Gattuso we upgrade. The Earth won't implode like some are suggesting

I know its sad however
I think Gattuso is two levels above Pirlo when it comes to coaching. But that just says how shit Pirlo actually is.

Even if I do agree with that imo it would be a really bad to have Gattuso as our 3rd option.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Pirlo is nowhere near Juve or any other big club quality, but he outplayed and outsmarted Gattuso in Suppercoppa and Serie A games. The only game Napoli won with a penalty while Juve were way better and missed a dozen chances. Also Gattuso's Napoli got knocked out of Europa League by freaking Granada.

You want Pirlo out? We all do. But please stop it with this Gattuso talk. Provincial coach at best. Even dump De Laurentiis is sacking him for a reason.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's a sideways move at best.

This is just normalizing mediocrity

Gattuso is as average as they come

I'd rather take my chances on Simone Inzaghi if we're going for a relatively low profile coach. This guy has actually got Lazio to overachieve unlike Gattuso's former and current teams.
Gattuso has grinta, he's like a cheap version of Conte. Thats what we need, far more than a manager that does well with good teams

Lets be real, we are not competing to win the CL we need to get first into a position where we challenge for the league and where we fight more than we usually do

I don't care if he wouldn't be here for long. Imo he was the one that built the foundation for Pioli's Milan. Without him they'd still be even more mediocre.
The Earth won't implode but he'll end up lasting no more than a season here before we sack him and have to find a replacement again.
Hopefully Zidane is available and rested by then

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Gattuso has grinta, he's like a cheap version of Conte. Thats what we need, far more than a manager that does well with good teams

Lets be real, we are not competing to win the CL we need to get first into a position where we challenge for the league and where fightfight more than we usually do

I don't care if he wouldn't be here for long. Imo he was the one that built the foundation for Pioli's Milan. Without him they'd still be even more mediocre.

Bruh, I can't take another season of fuckery from Juve, while we wait on something better. Don't want another "transitional" season or any more "projects".

PS the only chance we have at challenging for the title is if Conte leaves inter

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
To replace him with another incompetent shit and still pay both salaries?
Gattuso coached at many top flight clubs including 2 in Serie A. Comparing him to a know nothing rookie is ridiculous. He’s not an ideal choice but any half experienced coach over Pirlo is an improvement.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Gattuso coached at many top flight clubs including 2 in Serie A. Comparing him to a know nothing rookie is ridiculous. He’s not an ideal choice but any half experienced coach over Pirlo is an improvement.
Luigi Del Neri coached a million Serie A clubs.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
And he’s a thousand times better than Pirlo
Agreed. Which also means he's better than Gattuso, right?

Your argument is the ridiculous one, buddy. Just because one has more experience in Serie A doesn't automatically make him a better coach than a rookie.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Lets be real, we are not competing to win the CL we need to get first into a position where we challenge for the league and where we fight more than we usually do

Well this is where I disagree. You can talk about his grinta all you want but there's literally no evidence that suggests Gattuso is the right man in a transitional phase. Cheap version of Conte? Has he got any of his teams overperform like Conte has with mediocre players? None of his past or current teams have gotten better or worse under his tenure. They have just been plain mediocre. Is this the level we aim to be at?

And are you talking about the same Milan that spent €200M in a single season to finish 6th under him ? Milan have gotten marginally better since he left and 50% of that improvement is because of Zlatan's arrival at the club. I'd say Zlatan is an even better motivator than Gattuso tbh..

Our situation is bad but not that bad that we would have to resort to hiring jabroni coaches like Gattuso, let's not exaggerate.

Our players need a kick up the ass for sure but let's hire someone competent for once.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Agreed. Which also means he's better than Gattuso, right?

Your argument is the ridiculous one, buddy. Just because one has more experience in Serie A doesn't automatically make him a better coach than a rookie.
Ummm not just any rookie. A rookie who proved for one full season he has no clue whatsoever. Also I fail to understand how you concluded that Del Neri is better than Gattuso based on what I said

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Ummm not just any rookie. A rookie who proved for one full season he has no clue whatsoever. Also I fail to understand how you concluded that Del Neri is better than Gattuso based on what I said
Just like how Gattuso proved for SEVERAL seasons that he's a provincial coach.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Well this is where I disagree. You can talk about his grinta all you want but there's literally no evidence that suggests Gattuso is the right man in a transitional phase. Cheap version of Conte? Has he got any of his teams overperform like Conte has with mediocre players? None of his past or current teams have gotten better or worse under his tenure. They have just been plain mediocre. Is this the level we aim to be at?

And are you talking about the same Milan that spent €200M in a single season to finish 6th under him ? Milan have gotten marginally better since he left and 50% of that improvement is because of Zlatan's arrival at the club. I'd say Zlatan is an even better motivator than Gattuso tbh..

Our situation is bad but not that bad that we would have to resort to hiring jabroni coaches like Gattuso, let's not exaggerate.

Our players need a kick up the ass for sure but let's hire someone competent for once.
He wouldn't be my first option either. I'd prefer us getting Zidane or Flick.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Lol then watch out for what this management has in store for us. If we make CL they might even keep Pirlo
Keep Pirlo :lol:

They had already made the decision and Pirlo knows it as with Sarri (btw, need to revisit those posts with conviction about Pirlo being better than Sarri lmao), and he'll leave as soon as season ends.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Delneri took Sampdoria to a CL spot. A Sampdoria team that was relegated soon after he left. He had a disastrous season with Juve, but let’s be honest, our team was pretty garbage when he was in charge. He isn’t as bad a coach as he is made out to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)