Andrea Pirlo (33 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Instead of giving some -pardon me- quite useless examples of teams that spend millions before or after their coaching switches, actually use the statistics. There is a shitoad of literature proving it doesn't make a difference with the same players...

For instance this one: over a period of 10 years in Spanish football:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3592111/

Summary: short shock effect, long term effect non-existent.

Said no one ;). He's being mentioned since he's a decent utility player. Seeing as the other side uses Kulu, he crossed my mind...
I never denied a coach wasn't important. I don't know why that's in your mind.

Then again; Leicester was 14th before Ranieri came and insantly made them champions. This kind of logic is way too simple.

We had a building coach like Sarri and it failed because we didn't have the squad matching his ideas. Buy good players in support of the coach (with Gasp very obviously does have!). If there's any money left get a top coach. But give any coach some time to implement ideas, instead of changing it every other season. All Gasp adepts probably can agree on that.
You are full of shit.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Blame whoever you want to blame, but our decline started in Allegri's last season.
And that's not really up for debate if you ask me. Any neutral football fan or casual observer will tell you that.

Hell, no one even needs to tell you that: one glance at our results is all you need.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
No, but it must be difficult for you to admit that you are a stubborn and dense mule, who refuses to acknowledge your master's mistakes. Your blind and foolish loyalty and obedience and your saccharine fawning to Tootsie is absolutely repulsive.
Must not change your opinion.

Like ever.

If Paratici sets Badass' house on fire, he'd still suck him off for whatever reason.

Mar 10, 2009
And di matteo has a better record than Mancini in CL, does that mean we should hire him?

and yet here we are half this forum jerking off to small time chumps like inzaghi and gasperini
What sort of argument is this lol? I already told you that I don't rate Mancini so why set him.as the bar? Anyway Dimatteo finished 6th with Chelsea and it was Drogba's individual performances that won them the CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Blame whoever you want to blame, but our decline started in Allegri's last season.
And that's not really up for debate if you ask me. Any neutral football fan or casual observer will tell you that.

Hell, no one even needs to tell you that: one glance at our results is all you need.
Nah, it started before that,

IN fact, the team that reached Cardiff was already patched up, with a below par midfield for a CL contender. Allegri used mandzukic as a LW, the team already felt the weight of missing the MVPP.

Our real struggle started after the team backbone got dismantled after the Barcelona Final. It was slowly but surely until we bought Higuain with the Pogba money because we were desperate for CL...and then everything started to falloff quicker.

All of this because Juventus have neglected the midfield since forever. Our Mvpp midfield was just pure luck of destiny...Marotta and Paratici were stupid to let our team collapse in their eyes,

PD: Pirlo still here? Why?

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Nah, it started before that,

PD: Pirlo still here? Why?
Because if we sack him then we admit the current project is a lost cause but that would mean someone's head needs to drop. Seeing that the blondie is such a close friend to the El Presidente and the other one is a genius scout with no negotiations skill and 'close' to the latter two....

We are fucked :/

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

Which incidentally is right after we bought Ronaldo. A deal that according to rumours Marotta was against. Just mentioning it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
4 years ago didn't we play a cl final?
Spring 2017 was the high point of the team we built in the post-MVP era and I agree that since then we gradually, part by part have kept regressing. 17/18 Higuain, Mandzukic, Khedira, Pjanic, Buffon all regressed noticeably comparing their 16/17 and 17/18 performance + we didn't have Alves in 17/18, that's half the team of that Spring 2017 monster team, so I'd agree that 17/18 was a different level team compared to 16/17 even if we still were contenders at the European level

2016/17 - we're TOP 2 in Europe, perhaps even the best team. IMO we had the best starting 11, but late-spring ran out of gas due to lack of depth. No questions domestically.
2017/18 - I'd say we're clearly behind Real, Bayern, Pool in Europe, probably TOP4-5 in Europe, unlucky draw to go out in 1/4 finals. The defense is still there, but our attack is running out of ideas and creativity. The gap is closing domestically.
2018/19 - deserved exit at 1/4finals in Europe after a favorable draw, I'd say we are probably at around TOP8 in Europe. We've lost our iron tight defense, it's a grind in attack as well. No challengers domestically.
2019/20 - deserved exit at Round 16 in Europe after a favorable draw. I'd say we're probably among the best teams to get eliminated, but it was damn deserved, so around TOP10 team in Europe. We're losing a step domestically too and the gap is closing fast, we've dropped the idea of crossing-based attack, but haven't replaced it effectively, defense is continuing to decline with loss of Chiellini.
2020/21 - deserved exit at Round16 in Europe after a favorable draw. I'd say our level is around TOP16, as we're probably a better team than a couple of other teams that got eliminated, but then again we're worse than a couple of other teams that were not in Round16. We've dropped behind domestically, clearly not the best team anymore. Pretty much every part of the team is not functioning as it should, even Woj is doing worse than usual.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
No, it did not.

It's not always easy to see these things as a fan of the team as you're watching things very closely.
But take a few steps back & try to look at it objectively. Get rid of "I think", "we were (un)lucky", "it looked like", etc & look at the actual facts.
Tell me more.

- - - Updated - - -

too much love and respect for him ... but he is outdated long time ago ....love you mister ...

same as Fergeson too when he recommend coaches to MANU ...
Thats my worry too, he is outdated and retired. We should not underestimate the pass of time.

Also for his own health, he is way too old for this kind of pressures. IMO is not a good idea. It has its pros as he is way wiser than Pirlo, but Pirlo will continue being the coach so any outcome with Pirlo being the coach is a no go for me. Sorry Lippi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)