Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (31 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry but I disagree.
If you credit Agnelli for the 9-years of success then he has to be responsible for the downfall and current state.

He hires his people, coaches, management team, etc.
He signs all the checks
He signs off on the marketing and commercial partnerships
He raises ticket prices

Simple but crucial things like seriously committing $ and hiring qualified resources to scout youth and develop them is nothing but a human trafficking venture which they care more about rebranding than actually developing future first teamers.

I thank him and everyone that had a hand in the historic run. But it’s over now. If EXOR is a massive Corp then It should behave like one and treat Jj like another entity it holds. Football runs on money now. If jj want to be mentioned in the same sentence as Madrid, Barca, Bayern, etc then it needs serious financial backing and to be run properly. Not like a family heirloom.
Ah so I agree with pretty well all of this, if I seemingly disagreed then I've worded something poorly.

The success we enjoyed for so long was mostly down to smart hires. Beppe was a smart hire, and he in turn was responsible for the smart hires that most obviously brought success on the pitch. Conte was another smart hire, as was Allegri the 1st time around. Pedroflu was talking about us needing to find a new Beppe and a new Conte, and I was making the case that we have a new Beppe in Cherubini and that while finding the right coach is important, there's something more broadly wrong at the club.

I give Agnelli credit (though I don't know much about the ins and outs of these deals) for signing Beppe, Conte and Allegri just as recognising that he fucked it with...well, everybody else he signed lol, including Del Neri. Andrea arrived ready to bark back at the FIGC, giving us the backbone we were seemingly afraid to show since 2006, with the legal action over the stolen scudetti etc etc. It seems that that pugnacious attitude has been curtailed as part of the attempt to rebrand us as a safe brand to identify with, a smiley, clinical, modern team who Twitch streamers can theme their channels around.

I guess it was calculated we'd try to build a global following to help us survive long-term. Maybe it was the right call, but the identity of us being a team of ugly, hairy hardworking dudes who will win by gruelling harder than the other team has been thrown away as part of that (despite Agnelli being hairy and ugly himself). The Super League was gonna be full USA-style sport, ready for export worldwide and we were ready to seem bland, inoffensive and accessible to those new eyes maybe seeing us for the first time.

These are decisions that Agnelli has made that have fallen flat and left us standing about holding our cocks. I completely agree with your assessment that we need to be run properly if we still have ambitions in football and not just as "a lifestyle brand". My point about the family heirloom wasn't that Juventus needs a soft touch. I meant the opposite - it should be run how it was in the glory days, rather than trying to gut it of decades of identity in order to blend in with the awful, cringey tiktok PG-13 trends to try and get gamers to pick us on FIFA. Fuck all that: hire the right people in the right positions and bring back the grinta on the pitch. AA should be conscious always that both that he is an Agnelli, and that he is the Chairman of Juventus, and he should act like he's ready to live up to those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)