Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (15 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
This guy is probably living a nightmare. He reeeeeeally fucked it all up.

250M loss in a year, all while still having the biggest budget in Italy by a mile, empty stadium in consecutive matches including in a CL venture, disconnected fans, hatred all over the country, shit corrupt Federation biased against the club (which carries suspectful guilt and carry on self sabotaging and lack of self defense), half squad constantly injured, devalued and souless players, and a spineless dinossaur coach, who he decided to pay 9M a year for 5 years, with 4 years left in contract...

That's what I call a real fuckup. He's digging a hole maybe too deept to get out. I'm sure he's very disappointed in himself.

Problem is we don't have where to go. I trust absolutely no Italian to take this team away from Agnelli and do something different from his predecessors. Look at how Ferrari is managed nowadays. Any Italian solution, Exxor related, can be even more disastrous. I wouldn't like to see this clube sold to oil money either.

Honestly, only hope is he suddenly comes to senses and miraculously starts another virtuoso circle. He started it all last time by deciding to sign Conte and Marotta. Gotta hit the jackpot again. The club still has so many competitive advantages, it shouldn't be that hard, honestly.
Private equity firm to save the day

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Honestly, only hope is he suddenly comes to senses and miraculously starts another virtuoso circle. He started it all last time by deciding to sign Conte and Marotta. Gotta hit the jackpot again. The club still has so many competitive advantages, it shouldn't be that hard, honestly.
On this point you're completely right. I have to say I like Cherubini. Marrotta arrived and had a similar situation - lots of awful players on huge wages that needed shifting. Del Neri obviously had no idea what he was doing and the result was a confused mess of players like Krasic ( :heart: tho), Armband Traore, Aquilani, Reto Ziegler, Marco Motta etc coming in. It wasn't till Conte arrived that things began to make sense both on the pitch and in our transfer strategy.

Bini clearly has a bugger budget than Beppe began with, and has splashed on a couple of big moves, but he's also made a couple of financially shrewd moves as well. Anyway on paper our current squad is a million times better than the one Conte had when he arrived, (even discounting the players who are injured) and the good players we have have come in under Cherubini. In your analogy, finding the 'Conte' is the key to turning our good squad into a team playing well on the pitch, and the right manager should hypothetically be starting from an easier position than Conte.

But it seems everybody from the physios to the chefs are playing a part in this fuckup. Until we figure out what really needs fixing and then fix it it doesn't matter who we hire as coach if they'll always have half a squad available. On that point - there's no way we could have hired so many qualified yet incompetent staff members, so it must be the management which has the wrong approach somehow.

Looking at Ferrari in F1 this year...the bumbling, comical incompetence is similar in its scale to what we've got. Makes you wonder about how high up it all starts. Imo it's a mistake to see Juventus as a part of Exor that can generate profit. We should be a jewel on a crown. A family heirloom to be cherished, not a vehicle for Jeep sponsorship (pun not intended). I get the feeling Jon doesn't really *get it*, and he's turned us fake and American. Maybe that's the way all of football is going these days I dunno I just can't sleep and started typing.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Sorry but I disagree.
If you credit Agnelli for the 9-years of success then he has to be responsible for the downfall and current state.

He hires his people, coaches, management team, etc.
He signs all the checks
He signs off on the marketing and commercial partnerships
He raises ticket prices

Simple but crucial things like seriously committing $ and hiring qualified resources to scout youth and develop them is nothing but a human trafficking venture which they care more about rebranding than actually developing future first teamers.

I thank him and everyone that had a hand in the historic run. But it’s over now. If EXOR is a massive Corp then It should behave like one and treat Jj like another entity it holds. Football runs on money now. If jj want to be mentioned in the same sentence as Madrid, Barca, Bayern, etc then it needs serious financial backing and to be run properly. Not like a family heirloom.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
We used to be a classy and ruthless club. Teams from all over Europe used to be afraid of coming to Turin.

Now we are a family friendly club with a family friendly atmosphere in the stadium. From social media to our kits, social media pussy players like Berna, Pogba, Dybala etc , the lack of ultras in the stadium , lame merchandise, lame music in the stadium etc

we are just one big family friendly pussy club. Nobody fears us now.

Our last 3 managers have been poor. Really poor. We have no style, no identity, no rythm, no consistency, major fitness and majory injury issues.

Then on top of all this we've had some awful decisions in the market that has near crippled us. Mercenaries on high wages, an unbalanced squad, some absolute flops and broken/ injury prone players.

Agnelli tried to be a visionary, set trends and make Juve a leader in terms of how modern clubs are ran, It almost worked... but he fucked up. The project has been a massive fail. Just like the Super league. The Idea was good but he couldn't pull it off.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We used to be a classy and ruthless club. Teams from all over Europe used to be afraid of coming to Turin.

Now we are a family friendly club with a family friendly atmosphere in the stadium. From social media to our kits, social media pussy players like Berna, Pogba, Dybala etc , the lack of ultras in the stadium , lame merchandise, lame music in the stadium etc

Our last 3 managers have been poor. Really poor. We have no style, no identity, no rythm, no consistency, major fitness and majory injury issues.

Then on top of all this we've had some awful decisions in the market that has near crippled us. Mercenaries on high wages, an unbalanced squad, some absolute flops and broken/ injury prone players.

Agnelli tried to be a visionary, set trends and make Juve a leader in terms of how modern clubs are ran, It almost worked... but he fucked up. The project has been a massive fail. Just like the Super league. The Idea was good but he couldn't pull it off.
It’s fvcking awful :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Quoted for truth. I hate the family friendly fuckery

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
a lot of people will say no He can't do Much in champions league but for god sake we need Conte , we need identity we need strong defence and players play with their heart , and conte and do it, now ill get all the champions league arguments , sure i get ya... but if we continue this way next year i don't think we will even be in the champions league ...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Everyone already hated us for different reasons we should of never tried to conform.

I really wish we had of played on the bad guy image. Just like a fighter does. Embrace being the villain. Make other clubs and fans fear us.
We could of been the Tony Montana of football:

23680383-898e5d3095e9709c131fb3d5cccedf5d.jpg
I saw a video of the San Siro for Milans CL game today and felt so ashamed with what we have in comparison

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm confused. So sugarbrows here brings back Allegri at 45mil, allegedly with more say over mercato/make team more inline with coach ideas. Then club lets Dybala leave on a free, we are moving in a new direction with 80mil on on world class poacher, only for Allegri to play Vlahovic deep and often nowhere near the box?

and why did we even sign Zakaria if Allegri has no interest in him? Did they not know what sort of player he was when they bought him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)