Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (43 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Everyone around me is trying to tell me that what he did was despicable. But I can't but help respect it.

He saw that the EPL clubs are running away with all the fun, that UEFA is corrupt with it's Qatar alliance and that the continental top clubs are getting too little from the current setup. He and Florentino and some others wanted a change.

They went for it. It failed. But I gotta say, I respect that effort a hell of a lot more than the pathetic withdrawals ("We're sorry!!") from hypocrites such as Arsenal, Liverpool and the likes.

At least we stand our ground.

And if they wanna hate, that's fine. We're used to it, we can take it.

Amici di nessuno

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Man i love him. He did fail this time but he is a visionary. I hope badass doesnt like him otherwhise he will be fired.
Too late for that.

- - - Updated - - -

It's too big to fail.
Did you watch that film?
I vaguely recall a book by that name. I don't remember having watched the movie, however.

In this case, is Juventus too big to fail? The Superleague? Because I'm quite sure FIFA and UEFA are too big and too corrupt to fail.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Too late for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I vaguely recall a book by that name. I don't remember having watched the movie, however.

In this case, is Juventus too big to fail? The Superleague? Because I'm quite sure FIFA and UEFA are too big and too corrupt to fail.
Superleague of course. Those clubs singed papers and I dont think they can just get away with it especially if they singed something with J.P. morgan.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
esl announcement could have handled better.
He should have just said due to the size of the elite clubs, another competition is necessary to allow chances for less exposed players to play.

Public would be more acccepting of it. And then a couple months later, start playing the first team players heheheh.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Everyone around me is trying to tell me that what he did was despicable. But I can't but help respect it.

He saw that the EPL clubs are running away with all the fun, that UEFA is corrupt with it's Qatar alliance and that the continental top clubs are getting too little from the current setup. He and Florentino and some others wanted a change.

They went for it. It failed. But I gotta say, I respect that effort a hell of a lot more than the pathetic withdrawals ("We're sorry!!") from hypocrites such as Arsenal, Liverpool and the likes.

At least we stand our ground.

And if they wanna hate, that's fine. We're used to it, we can take it.

Amici di nessuno
This....

Clubs signing contracts and they perfectly well knew what they are signing up for, only to back away the very next day. This isnt how you should run serious business. There goes any credibility they had. Appologizing to fans is cheap PR, Id be digusted if Agnelli followed this suit. Keep fighting!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Man i love him. He did fail this time but he is a visionary. I hope badass doesnt like him otherwhise he will be fired.
The implementation was terrible. Blind sided coaches and players across all clubs. Zero attempt at getting buy-in from those impacted by the decision. Didn't even articulate the advantages of their offering. The vision might be good but this is terrible change management.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So JJ after all wasnt JewishJuve but Juda'sJuve...
Now they will never let us win the big ear cup as long as he is still here, just stepping down from president is not enough now, he needs to sell his shares too!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
So JJ after all wasnt JewishJuve but Juda'sJuve...
Now they will never let us win the big ear cup as long as he is still here, just stepping down from president is not enough now, he needs to sell his shares too!
What do you mean "let"? I thought CL was 100% merit based.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Love mi presidente

however the caterpillar on his brow must be halved

inexcusable for any being in the modern epoch let alone a billionaire

that is my only critique of him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)