Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (24 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
As much as I enjoy your posts. Do you have any data at all backing up your claims. I find it pretty impressive how much you know about priceelasticity for demand and supplerende of football tickets in Italy, and the economic status of tourists in different European regions.
in 2011 we had an average attendance of 37500. 5 years laters its 39100. Mostly cause the increased % sold out of visitor fans. Our own sections are 95%+ sold out
I dont have a figure for the pricing, but i know that the ultra's, especially viking, have been in large protest cause ticket prices have been going up so much each year

when a club has a too large demand for tickets relative to its capacity, it simply increases the price. Which is what we do.

So if we add XX.000 seats, but put them on the same price as we originally asked in 2011, we will fill a grand amount of them.

Knowing that, i looked at the cheapest season tickets and matchday tickets from madrid compared to us. Madrid has a gigantic stadium, but plenty season ticket holders arent all that wealthy. They have rather cheap season tickets compared to us. Logical, we sell out without even trying.

However, they got a ton of tourist willing to pay a significant buck for a game. Their cheapest dayticket is still more expensive, and their most expensive is insane.

So, adding capacity for reasonable pricing will boost season ticket sale
Daytime tickets should remain expensive. It should also be expanded, but not nearly as much

Buy on AliExpress.com

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
in 2011 we had an average attendance of 37500. 5 years laters its 39100. Mostly cause the increased % sold out of visitor fans. Our own sections are 95%+ sold out
I dont have a figure for the pricing, but i know that the ultra's, especially viking, have been in large protest cause ticket prices have been going up so much each year

when a club has a too large demand for tickets relative to its capacity, it simply increases the price. Which is what we do.

So if we add XX.000 seats, but put them on the same price as we originally asked in 2011, we will fill a grand amount of them.

Knowing that, i looked at the cheapest season tickets and matchday tickets from madrid compared to us. Madrid has a gigantic stadium, but plenty season ticket holders arent all that wealthy. They have rather cheap season tickets compared to us. Logical, we sell out without even trying.

However, they got a ton of tourist willing to pay a significant buck for a game. Their cheapest dayticket is still more expensive, and their most expensive is insane.

So, adding capacity for reasonable pricing will boost season ticket sale
Daytime tickets should remain expensive. It should also be expanded, but not nearly as much
This morning I spend two hours in a meeting with a client and a top proffesionel external market research company. In short they were presenting their analyses of what the right asking price and development strategi should be for a new large residential development in Denmark. In their research they had regards to things like demographics, migration patterns, income in different areas etc, etc using wast amount of data and qualitative research. Even though their work was really impressive, they knew and communicated, that there was a large amount of uncertainty in their analysis.
Even though you have a Masters in Engineering and are really good at lifting weights, what you are arguing here is not even an informed opinion. It is litterally pulling a statement out of your ass, and presenting it as a fact, and it is fucking annoying to read.

Might I suggest that you use phrases like IMO or "I think", when you talk about things you know absolutely nothing about.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This morning I spend two hours in a meeting with a client and a top proffesionel external market research company. In short they were presenting their analyses of what the right asking price and development strategi should be for a new large residential development in Denmark. In their research they had regards to things like demographics, migration patterns, income in different areas etc, etc using wast amount of data and qualitative research. Even though their work was really impressive, they knew and communicated, that there was a large amount of uncertainty in their analysis.
Even though you have a Masters in Engineering and are really good at lifting weights, what you are arguing here is not even an informed opinion. It is litterally pulling a statement out of your ass, and presenting it as a fact, and it is fucking annoying to read.

Might I suggest that you use phrases like IMO or "I think", when you talk about things you know absolutely nothing about.
I know this sounds like simplistic advice, but it's actually great.

Makes posts a lot more tolerable.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

I think you might have a point here imo

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

As always, you try to be ludicrously critical on everything i say. I'm used to that by now, its quite allright.

- We sold out from the start. So to compensate for near full capacity each season, we increased prices.
- We significantly increased prices each season. Our attendence only rose further
=> we have continued increased demand over supply, else we would have dropped attendence.

- All cheaper tickets are accounted for. If we add a tier with moderate prices tickets, we will find 'a certain amount of demand' for this

The above is given. The below, are the questions

- How much demand over supply do we have at the moment ?
- How much extra capacity can we fill right now
- What is the economic cost of a capacity increase
- What is the required attendence increase to recover the capacity increase cost within reasonable time ?
- Our demand grows. When will we reach the critical point where the potential attendence will economically jusitfy a capacity increase.

What i'm saying was, we can increase. But by how much and when thats economically viable, thats the difficult question.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We should keep the stadium like It is for a long time. Income sales are volumen x price so market would help us in that matter. We should focus on commercial and marketing revenues

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine Alves like our ambassador after three years here... He's gonna be a magneto for millenials

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
@Zacheryah

Just another fact. Tickets to our CL games are the most expensive amongst this season's teams. 45 euro for a cheapest adult ticket and we get it packed out anyways. Hopefully new logo income can get them reduced as this is too much. :shifty:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...I dont have a figure for the pricing, but i know that the ultra's, especially viking, have been in large protest cause ticket prices have been going up so much each year...
i guess viking are protesting because when the club raise the prices, that means that their (i mean the ultras') cut becomes narrower. ultra groups are probably the biggest ticket resellers, and they make profit on every single ticket.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
@Zacheryah

Just another fact. Tickets to our CL games are the most expensive amongst this season's teams. 45 euro for a cheapest adult ticket and we get it packed out anyways. Hopefully new logo income can get them reduced as this is too much. :shifty:
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

i guess viking are protesting because when the club raise the prices, that means that their (i mean the ultras') cut becomes narrower. ultra groups are probably the biggest ticket resellers, and they make profit on every single ticket.
Why ?

If they want to make lets say, 3 euro off a ticket, it becomes easyer if price is higher

If their cut is the same, the higher prices rise, the lower their percentagewise cut is, and the easyer they'll get it sold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)