Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (21 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Is it too small for Serie-A or only for CL nights?

Makes no sense to build a 60.000 seater if 20.000 remain empty on weekends.
55.000 would be big enough imo

- - - Updated - - -

I think I read an article recently where the architect of the stadium said it can be expanded up to 50k. He also said he has seen better stadiums in Africa than the ones in Italy outside of Juventus Stadium.
South Africa hosted a WC 7 years ago, youd expect them to have good stadiums

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The quote as a whole sounds much less positive though tbh

“Anything is possible with the technology we have today. It wouldn’t be very easy, but it’s doable. It depends what sort of increase people want, it’s one thing to increase it by 20,000 seats, it’s another to increase it by 2,000. If it’s the former, we would obviously have to consider the addition of a third tier. I imagine though that if we do have to make this decision in the future then we should expand it by at least 10,000 seats, so that we can achieve a capacity of at least 52,000.”

Basically still saying it would be quite costly & difficult to do.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Is it too small for Serie-A or only for CL nights?

Makes no sense to build a 60.000 seater if 20.000 remain empty on weekends.
We sell our each game 95% in 2011, and we sell our each game 95% today
Our season and match day tickets today, are ALOT more expensive then in 2011.

Make no mistake, the last 5% are the hardest to sell cause there is little to no choise.

If we'd increase capacity to 60.000 and install the original prices , we'd easily get 10.000 extra visitors.

What we should do, is what real madrid does. They are a fine example

- Their cheapest season tickets are much cheaper then ours. This makes sure you as many of your loyal fans in.
- Their cheapest matchday tickets, are more expensive then ours.

Make sure your business seats and current expensive seats remain expensive and increase matchday price
Enable lower season ticket prices for the top tiered seats

With a 60k seater and expensive match day tickets we would have enourmous income through CL games. And considerable increase in weekends.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Turin/Milano is a known expensive region on its own that also draws plenty of people.

We have the advantage that both Milan teams are crap, while we are soaring. People visiting northern italy could just go to Turin and watch an actual big team.

The idea is that we significantly increase the capacity and lower the price a bit. This will draw a vast increase in spectators which will increase income. Mostly through increased season tickets

at the same time we should also increase the number of matchday tickets, more options.

In short,

much more capacity for season tickets without increasing the price = much more loyal fans = increased revenue and atmosphere
increased capacity for the matchday ticket purchasers = increased income

- - - Updated - - -

yeah but consider the fact that Madrid and Barcelona have a lot more tourists who don't really care about high matchday prices.
Northern Italy draws on average much richer tourists than Madrid and especially Barcelona.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
In short Turin is in no way the same tourist attraction as Barcelona or Madrid.

Switzerland draws even richer tourists then northen Italy. But the comparison is not relevant to our attendance as is yours.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
tourist won't prefer torino than milan...

As a club we just can't compete with other big clubs that are located on more prestigious cities, we have to seek other means, like virtual attendance.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Turin/Milano is a known expensive region on its own that also draws plenty of people.

We have the advantage that both Milan teams are crap, while we are soaring. People visiting northern italy could just go to Turin and watch an actual big team.

The idea is that we significantly increase the capacity and lower the price a bit. This will draw a vast increase in spectators which will increase income. Mostly through increased season tickets

at the same time we should also increase the number of matchday tickets, more options.

In short,

much more capacity for season tickets without increasing the price = much more loyal fans = increased revenue and atmosphere
increased capacity for the matchday ticket purchasers = increased income

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Italy draws on average much richer tourists than Madrid and especially Barcelona.
As much as I enjoy your posts. Do you have any data at all backing up your claims. I find it pretty impressive how much you know about priceelasticity for demand and supplerende of football tickets in Italy, and the economic status of tourists in different European regions.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
As much as I enjoy your posts. Do you have any data at all backing up your claims. I find it pretty impressive how much you know about priceelasticity for demand and supplerende of football tickets in Italy, and the economic status of tourists in different European regions.
He has phd in engineering, he knows stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)