Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (60 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Secco will do fine if he is surrounded by experienced folk.

The problem was really when he was left exposed by his, and the Board's, inexperience.

Mar 28, 2007
Andrea Agnelli: «Proud of this role»

A short meeting with the journalists, a brief hello while there will be time for the rest after his installation which will take place at the end of the current season. Andrea Agnelli was introduced by Jean-Claude Blanc who declared: «This is a new beginning. The arrival of Andrea Agnelli is a great opportunity for me and for Juventus. This is a natural, exciting and historical event. After 48 years, another Agnelli, after his father, returns to Juventus to be the president, in line with tradition and the history that links this club to the family. In a delicate moment like this, working side by side with Andrea will be determinant for the future and I am convinced that we will do really well».

It was then Andrea Agnelli’s turn to speak of the emotions and hint on projects in view of his important new role: «For me, this is a very exciting day. In the last few months many speculations were made on the future of Juventus which corresponded to a series of internal reflections of the family. After the announcement made by my cousin, it was my duty to come here today and say my first hellos. My designation is the proof of a unity within the family, within which in the last 10 days a series of parts were jammed».

«Blanc will remain as designated administrator – continued Agnelli -. He will take care of the operations management of the club at 360 degrees and mainly of the development of funds and the stadium project. I think I can give an important contribution to the development of this club and the results of my favourite team. It is a complicated route, which first and foremost will see the strengthening of the structure on all levels, both as a company and as a sports club».

«The history of my family – concluded Agnelli – is linked to this team and began 84 years ago. My father was president nearly 50 years ago, but the closeness with Juventus was always a holistic one. I do now want to make any comparisons with those times. We must think of tomorrow. I am proud to give my contribution. Today is the closing of a circle»

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)