Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (38 Viewers)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Blanc was very good in dealing with finances. The problem was that he was asked to take sporting decisions which is something he doesn't know how to do at all. He can deal with business and sponsors.
Thats the role he will be given now. Any person who gets a club debt free with a stadium under development needs to stay.

Forza Blanc.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What evidence is there that this guy cares so much for Juve?

Is it all based on his name or is there something more to it?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Thats the role he will be given now. Any person who gets a club debt free with a stadium under development needs to stay.

Forza Blanc.

Mind you he was hit with a Serie B relegation. I wouldn't give him ALL the credit as the Triade were running with a perfect financial balance and zero debts.. But Blanc did a good jab keeping our club debt free.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Mind you he was hit with a Serie B relegation. I wouldn't give him ALL the credit as the Triade were running with a perfect financial balance and zero debts.. But Blanc did a good jab keeping our club debt free.
The Triade never got a new stadium in development ;)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
in fact you didn't refute his point. Elkann has more important things on his mind. which indeed leaves the conclusion that Juve isn't important to him. therefore the statement wasn't wrong, was it?
Of course. A businessman has priorities, but that doesn't mean he doesn't give a shit about one of his businesses. He can't run everything under his Exor company, yet it looks like he made a decision to appoint Andrea Agnelli as a president after this disappointing season.

Not mentioning, the long relationship between his family and this football club, John Elkann certainly care about Juve especially that 60% of the club is owned by Exor.

The thing is I don't understand why he assumed that Johnny has no interest in Juve?

If it's not love then it's business, either way, he certainly gives a FUCK about Juve.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I like the idea of Andrea becoming our president. It hints of a return to the family taking a more proactive approach to running the club than allowing foreigners to direct matters. He is obviously capable of occupying controlling positions in the upper echelons of businesses, which leads me to assume that he is also obviously capable of putting the Right people in the Right positions, because it is those directly underneath him which makes him a success or a failure. He also has the blood. And for some players and many fans, this DOES matter. There is a difference in a frenchman with no former ties to football or juventus running the club...and a man who has been involved with the club before, and whose blood lines run directly through the club, and have done for many moons. It is more than merely a business role for and Agnelli to be president.

More importantly than the Agnelli presidential role, is the possible capture of Marotta and the change of position and duties for Blanc. The frenchman is clearly efficient at dealing with financial matters, especially those rooted in off pitch areas. The Samp man has been doing a superb job for a while now, and more than anything else, our board needs an in form football man. He fits the bill.

Promising news...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Like the news, but if you want to be cynical, as John said with his PR talk, this shows that the family is close to Juve. And it this case, it means any fuck ups will be on their doorstep, and their immediate responsibility to clean up, with an Agnelli running things. Not something to ignore or put on appointed directors. So I expect more immediate reaction to things going awry, with the family name being so directly involved.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
John Elkann: «Andrea Agnelli will be Juventus President»

«Andrea Agnelli will be the Juventus President». It is still necessary to use the future tense because his installation will take place at the end of the current championship, however the news is now official. It was Exor and FIAT president John Elkann to reveal the news during an interview on La Stampa (on sale tomorrow): «Juve is very important for me and my family – explained the Exor and FIAT president – There is need of a constant closeness. By having increased the level of my responsibilities, I asked Andrea if he would be available to be the new president»

48 years after his father, Dottor Umberto, it will be Andrea Agnelli who will lead Juventus confirming yet again the strong ties of the family with Juventus: «Andrea is not only a representative of our family but also a person who loves Juventus, Ferrari and Philip Morris for the sports part. Today he is very busy with golf with a project to re-launch the Royal Park I Roveri ( where next week the Italian Open will take place) and is a Federal Councillor».

«There is a route we share and we will proceed together – concluded Elkann – Andrea will work side by side with Blanc, who will emerge stronger from a family presidency which will ensure a very strong link»

Juventus.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That sounds like he has has to cut down committments to Juve because of becoming Chairman of Fiat.

Does this mean he has been more active with Juve more than we have realised to this point?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats obvious, he was making statements after games of bad runs, and commenting on how the club is run or whats planned now and then, visiting the training grounds somewhat frequently etc. Thats just on the outset media wise, prettty sure he had direct hand in few of the key actions. Even if it was mainly delegating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)