Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (98 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
At least he has recognised the importance of a meritocratic competition. Shame he did this 6 months after the shambles that was the launching of the super league.
It's easy to forget that there were also 5 annual qualifiers proposed with the 15 founding clubs. Essentially it was the top CL clubs without the riff-raff, but more people like the idea of stories like Real Madrid playing the Moldovan champions than they do a real elite competition. The also-rans like West Ham, Everton and the rest who have big budgets from being in an elite competition already, despite not really offering much to enhance it, obviously hated the idea of it as they dream about the occasional season in the top 4.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's easy to forget that there were also 5 annual qualifiers proposed with the 15 founding clubs. Essentially it was the top CL clubs without the riff-raff, but more people like the idea of stories like Real Madrid playing the Moldovan champions than they do a real elite competition. The also-rans like West Ham, Everton and the rest who have big budgets from being in an elite competition already, despite not really offering much to enhance it, obviously hated the idea of it as they dream about the occasional season in the top 4.
would have been smart to create some sort of trickle down for the domestic leagues. it’s kind of hard to make the majority of fans be in favor of the elites cutting out the rest of football

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
That higher risk "project" before the pandemic was the right call to close/reduce the gap with Real, Barca, Utd and Bayern. We were hovering around 10 for years.

Huge misfortune with covid.

And now Super League is the right call.

Just one thing I'll never understand - why hire Pep Pirlo

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
The 2021 Shareholders' Meeting will begin shortly at the Allianz Stadium.

Andrea Agnelli: "Being respectful towards the Shareholders is a hallmark of this company. Today, we will approve the financial statements as of 30 June 2021 and we will elect the new Board of Directors. It is right to tell you what Juventus have done and what Juventus will do."

Andrea Agnelli: "First of all it is important to have a picture of the global economic situation of football. The forecasts spoke of enormous growth, detached from the global situation. At the same time, we have witnessed great inflation of the players' market."

Andrea Agnelli: "All this leads to a reflection: they were investments with expectations of subsequent returns. In this context, it is correct to analyse what Juventus have done in recent years."

- - - Updated - - -

photo_2021-10-29_12-13-27.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "The world of football faced a situation never seen before, with constant swap tests, "bubbles", and it was an unreal period, which then led to a series of crises, especially economically."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "One of the main changes in the world of football was the total downsizing of the transfer market for players."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "If we return to normal, we will be able to have a real balance of the effects of Covid at the end of the current season."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "The expansion plan proposed in 2019 was credible then and it is today - it has what it takes to restart, thanks to the capital increase that we are submitting to your attention today."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "The main theme is and will be credibility, which must be expressed from various points of view. First of all financial, then certainly management, ESG and sustainability, and political."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "I find it incredible that any attempt to reform the football industry is always set aside because the interlocutors and the players are heterogeneous. Current governance does not allow anyone to take leadership."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "I worked loyally to change a system that does not protect investors and does not respect sporting meritocracy. Just think that many champion teams of their nations do not participate in the Champions League."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "The birth of the Super League was the realisation, not by 3 but by 12 clubs, of the fact that the structure on which football rests refuses any change, in order to maintain a political class that does not risk, does not compete, but who wants to decide & collect.

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "I don't want to give up and I won't give up: the system needs a change and Juventus wants to be part of it - it's a change that requires dialogue from everyone."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "The fifth declination of our credibility must obviously be sporting. For example, we are beginning to see the fruits of our projects such as the Under 23; the Women, who are managed in an impeccable way, and who have so far achieved extraordinary results."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "The results of the men's First Team were incredible but no one expects gratitude and satisfaction, because we are Juventus. I think it's important to have confidence in the management and in the technical leadership of the team."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "We have to work as a single body, knowing that the team and the group come first. We are all useful, no one is indispensable."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "Having had the best player in the world, Cristiano, was an honour and a pleasure. The only regret is having had him for a year and a half without an audience at the Stadium. But it's the Juventus shirt that requires responsibility, not teammates or workmates."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "Juventus are bigger than anyone who has had the honour of crossing their path from 1897 to today; we must remember the values of Juventus and Turin: work, sacrifice, and discipline, which is what inspires all those who work here."

- - - Updated - - -

Andrea Agnelli: "As Oriana Fallaci said, you have to love, fight, suffer and win. And this must inspire us: we must love Juventus, fight for it, be ready to suffer, and always have the objective to win."

Last edited:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Reports from the assembly say that the main complains by the shareholders were:

1. the way Ronaldo was sell
2. Romero's transfer
3. Nedved's behaviour
4. They complain that the president has been silent when people " throw mud" against Juventus... "We want to feel protected "
5. The frequent changes in the dugout

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Reports from the assembly say that the main complains by the shareholders were:

1. the way Ronaldo was sell
2. Romero's transfer
3. Nedved's behaviour
4. They complain that the president has been silent when people " throw mud" against Juventus... "We want to feel protected "
5. The frequent changes in the dugout
Nedved's behavior?

- - - Updated - - -

What else did the share holders want as far as the frequent changes in the dugout are concerned. Did they want to continue with Pirlo?

Totally agree with the complaint about Juventus not defending itself against the troglodytes I.e Inter, Napoli, etc.

Last edited:

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Nedved's behavior?

- - - Updated - - -

What else did the share holders want as far as the frequent changes in the dugout are concerned. Did they want to continue with Pirlo?

Totally agree with the complaint about Juventus not defending itself against the troglodytes I.e Inter, Napoli, etc.

1. His shouting in the stands...
2. No, they criticize the appointment of the managers after Allegri, they feel that there was not real plan for a substitute.

Last edited:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Took his eye off the ball after Cardiff, failed in almost every major decision he’s made since then. Absolutely embarrassed himself and the club after failing with the ESL and now he’s going to preside over us when we fail to make the CL.

I think his time is up soon as well.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
Ruined everything he worked for, from the hero went to the villain. He was more focused on SL than on Juventus, his SL idea made more enemies for Juventus than friends now it’s not just Italy that hates us but it’s UEFA, PL, Bundes etc…

It’s time Andrea, thank you but goodbye

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Cobolli: "I am worried as a shareholder of #Juve: I participated in the 700M recapitalization and I don't see any prospective... It has been shaky since 2018: #CR7 costed 80M/yr and did not give the expected boost. #Agnelli is presumptuous: no one at the level of #Marotta; #Nedved a vice who kicks the billboards."

[@SCUTweet]

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)