Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (676 Viewers)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Yeah. It is not. It is an invention of a 13 year old who plays only video games.More I think of it more I think is a joke and has really never been thought out.
And, yeah, NBA is a pretty good example of a failed project on international stage. Football, because it is democratized, is winning on international stage and not some local American sports.
Failed project on international stage? Are you kidding me? When you think of Basketball first that comes to mind is NBA, not Fiba World Cup. While in football still World Cup is best tournament. With superleague it can easily switch balance. One of other reason I like the idea of Supercup, is a big ‘fuck you’ to FICG, UEFA, and FIFA.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Yes, real epidemic of 13 year old video game inspired people running Europe's top clubs these days
We do not know for sure how much of this idea is true as Bayern categorically denied involvement in the project. So these mails and documents could well be a job of some low level employees in these clubs who were ordered to brainstorm something along the lines of Super Duper League and they went too far. I have not seen serious info on high level engagement. Maybe I am wrong but I do not care anyway because it is a stupid idea and my point stands quite believable.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We do not know for sure how much of this idea is true as Bayern categorically denied involvement in the project. So these mails and documents could well be a job of some low level employees in these clubs who were ordered to brainstorm something along the lines of Super Duper League and they went too far. I have not seen serious info on high level engagement. Maybe I am wrong but I do not care anyway because it is a stupid idea and my point stands quite believable.
:lol3: yea ok

I can absolutely understand the fan resistance to a Super League but football is about money, at least to a majority of the club Execs, its a business and the Super League would generate a shitload of it.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Failed project on international stage? Are you kidding me? When you think of Basketball first that comes to mind is NBA, not Fiba World Cup. While in football still World Cup is best tournament. With superleague it can easily switch balance. One of other reason I like the idea of Supercup, is a big ‘fuck you’ to FICG, UEFA, and FIFA.
Popularity of NBA in USA is declining and on world stage football is increasingly more popular than basketball.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol3: yea ok

I can absolutely understand the fan resistance to a Super League but football is about money, at least to a majority of the club Execs, its a business and the Super League would generate a shitload of it.
For several years -maybe - but not for long term. This giant has no legs.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
The NBA has been shit for a pretty long time now. I used to be a big fan but I haven't seen a full match in ages now. People everywhere only talking about former superstars, about the way they played basketball before and so on. Old basketball times were real gold.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The NBA has been shit for a pretty long time now. I used to be a big fan but I haven't seen a full match in ages now. People everywhere only talking about former superstars, about the way they played basketball before and so on. Old basketball times were real gold.
:agree:
I use to wake up at odd hours just to watch some of the superstars back then like Mj, Miller, Barkley, Garnett, Bryant, etc... No interest whatsoever these days. Could be we are just getting old though :p

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Lol wut
NBA grows like crazy

exactly because football is the most popular sport creation of the Super League is an obvious step, too much money just fucking laying around
Where? In China maybe but even there football is gaining more in popularity in comparison to basketball. In USA is closing the gap too.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I remember Real - Barsa games few years ago. They played 3-4 games in 2 weeks or so. La Liga, Champions League and perhaps Cup as well. I love football, and I want to watch big games. Watched first game, kinda watched 2nd, and then said fuck the rest, it's getting boring. Underdogs are beauty of every single sport. There are so many players out there, playing for Salzburgs, Midtyllands, Rijekas, Krasnodars of the world, and they worked their ass off, sacrificed a lot, just to get the chance to play against Real Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern, etc. one day. No one should take that away from them. And I would get bored, like I did with El Clasico. So, once again, fuck this idea.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Juve - Cagliari was a great game and provided more entertaiment value than all three CL games we have played. That was a typical example of small but talanted team giving their all against the big guns.
While for example Man U are a bunch of overrated and overrpaid pricks.
This year I am enjoying Seria A more than CL.I think the reality is that the international competitions are more hyped but not necessarily better than the national ones.All quality games we have played this season are in Seria A.
I like Agnelli less and less after firing Marotta. He seems like a megalomaniac and a bit of a dick to be honest.
Gianni Agnelli will spin in his grave if he knows that his grandson wants to leave Seria A.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Daily reminder that the longer we stay in Serie A the closer we get to becoming victim of another calciopoli plot. We need to get out asap and Captain Agnelli knows. Move to France if Super League fails

- - - Updated - - -

Disgusting idea ,but I am sure it will never happen ,even Rummenige denied the rumours firmly . Even Watzke denied this bullshit . Bundesliga is part of their national culture ,so is Serie A for the Italians.
KHR merely said it won't happen on his watch but his watch ends in 2019

Meanwhile Football Leaks revealed that Bayern had their law department check Bundesliga exit strategies

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Id rather see Juve play City, Bayern, Barca, Real, PSG, than see Juve play vs Young Boys, Chievo, Cagliari etc. In Super League we would know for sure which team is the best. In Champions League one mistake, from referee, a yellow card, an Injury and your out. I have always wanted champions league to be a league rather a cup like it is nowadays.
That's the magic in it, everyone has a chance to win and participate with the best. If you are a low level side in goddamn Montenegro, you can still dream of becoming a CL team battling it with the best because it is technically possible. Usually the richest tend to win, but we get magnificent examples from time to time like Porto and Ajax. With a super league it's just the rich and famous getting all the riches and fame, with no chance of other teams ever becoming anything other than those occasional "visiting stars", and even those will be the likes of Valencia or Napoli. If you are a Chievo or YB fan you might aswell kill yourself because the hope of ever seeing your team battling it out on the big stage is long gone. Those rich teams definitely don't want to look at your filthy peasant stadiums and ugly kits, disgusting!

Agnelli is looking at this purely with dollar signs in this eye, this has nothing to do with excitement or making the sport itself better. It's making the sport clearly worse and the excitement will fade off in a second. The magic of football has always been the chance of relegation and promotion, and if you take that away it takes a massive part of the excitement and essence of the game. Can't wait for the draft rounds and cheerleaders next.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
That's the magic in it, everyone has a chance to win and participate with the best. If you are a low level side in goddamn Montenegro, you can still dream of becoming a CL team battling it with the best because it is technically possible. Usually the richest tend to win, but we get magnificent examples from time to time like Porto and Ajax. With a super league it's just the rich and famous getting all the riches and fame, with no chance of other teams ever becoming anything other than those occasional "visiting stars", and even those will be the likes of Valencia or Napoli. If you are a Chievo or YB fan you might aswell kill yourself because the hope of ever seeing your team battling it out on the big stage is long gone. Those rich teams definitely don't want to look at your filthy peasant stadiums and ugly kits, disgusting!

Agnelli is looking at this purely with dollar signs in this eye, this has nothing to do with excitement or making the sport itself better. It's making the sport clearly worse and the excitement will fade off in a second. The magic of football has always been the chance of relegation and promotion, and if you take that away it takes a massive part of the excitement and essence of the game. Can't wait for the draft rounds and cheerleaders next.
Add timeouts to the list too.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Didn't we have cheerleaders of some sort already? :lol:
Was some BetClic shit iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 674)