Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (14 Viewers)

Joga Bonito

Jul 28, 2010
"This year and the following we are going to struggle, but in 2015-16, that is when a number of important contracts expire and others can kick in," Agnelli explained.
"That should put us in a position to become independent from European sports competition revenue. That will be very important for the club.

A number of important contracts expire. I assume he means sponsorships, but could he also mean player contracts (Buffen, Pirlo, ect)?

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
"This year and the following we are going to struggle, but in 2015-16, that is when a number of important contracts expire and others can kick in," Agnelli explained.
"That should put us in a position to become independent from European sports competition revenue. That will be very important for the club.

A number of important contracts expire. I assume he means sponsorships, but could he also mean player contracts (Buffen, Pirlo, ect)?
He's likely talking about Nike and Jeep sponsorship which ends in summer 2015. I am expecting a big transfer campaign that summer, beginning of 2015-16. But we have to get there on a high (strong CL performance) if we want big deals.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I think we will stay with Nike, but obviously get a far greater amount from them. I mean Inter get 20m euros a season from them in their new deal, we should be at least expecting 25m +

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
So, thanks to Agnelli in a few years our financial situation will allow us to stop being so cheap and finally push for the best players we need?
Sounds great to me. Until then, we need to still stay competitive in Serie A an represent ourselves properly in the CL

All that money won't be too good if we have to overpay massively to get players and convince them to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)