Andrea Barzagli (2 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He did what he could he knows his mistakes but little too late just like his age. Love this guy that I can't even say a single thing bad against him. He's intelligent enough to know when his time is up and I'm convinced he will call it the end of the road come end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Fair chance he retires. To be honest, if Bonucci didn't leave he would have played only a fraction of the minutes this year.

Biggest concern is Allegri's complete lack of faith in Rugani. I suspect he knows more than us.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Fair chance he retires. To be honest, if Bonucci didn't leave he would have played only a fraction of the minutes this year.

Biggest concern is Allegri's complete lack of faith in Rugani. I suspect he knows more than us.
I don't think Allegri has complete lack of faith in Rugani, he just haven't shown he's good enough to be a starter, is not like Allegri hasn't given him game time. Will be interesting to see Rugani fight it out for 3rd choice with Caldara next season.

I don't mind Barzagli staying one more year, he's already here and on low wages, it's a better option than some Lucio scenario

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I don't think Allegri has complete lack of faith in Rugani, he just haven't shown he's good enough to be a starter, is not like Allegri hasn't given him game time. Will be interesting to see Rugani fight it out for 3rd choice with Caldara next season.

I don't mind Barzagli staying one more year, he's already here and on low wages, it's a better option than some Lucio scenario
Replace Barzagli with Caldara. Hopefully by mid season it's Benatia-Caldara partnership.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
icemaη;5707922 said:
Replace Barzagli with Caldara. Hopefully by mid season it's Benatia-Caldara partnership.
I think we will want 5 CBs ideally, Max likes to change formations and having only 4 CBs pretty much excludes all the formations starting with 3

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hopefully people now see that its time to move on. I don't get what takes people so long to see the slope players are on when they start deteriorating.

IF he stays...5th choice...behind Benatia, Rugani, Chiellini, Caldara...

- - - Updated - - -

icemaη;5707922 said:
Yes. We already have the NT future CB coming, what is the need to keep him? There is no need.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Hopefully people now see that its time to move on. I don't get what takes people so long to see the slope players are on when they start deteriorating.

IF he stays...5th choice...behind Benatia, Rugani, Chiellini, Caldara...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. We already have the NT future CB coming, what is the need to keep him? There is no need.
leadership, experience, numbers? Chiellini, Benatia, Rugani, Caldara as our only CBs is a bit short. especially if we decide to move for 3412, I'd love to see something like this in Serie A:

-------Rugani-Benatia-Chiellini
Cuadrado-Marchisio-Matuidi-Costa
------------------Berna
-------------Dybala-Higuain

I'd rather keep Barza than waste resources and nerves on finding a filler. I'd also like if the pecking order was decided by actual performances in training and games. we're already losing a lot of continuity this summer with multiple players heading out, our wage and transfer budget will explode replacing all of them

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Guy no doubt has performed better than expected for his age but come CL knockout stage time that age might hurt Juve.
Unfortunately age catches up to everyone. I blame Max more for starting him. It's like the Juve way of scoring 1st goal and playing conservatively the rest of the way. Max knew Bazra was the safe choice. Played not to lose instead of going for the win. Plus I know Barza hadn't played much of late but playing a guy 36 (going on 37 soon) and expecting 180 quality minutes out of him in 4 days didn't make sense to me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

I think Rugani is showing lack of confidence. The more he plays consistently the more confidence he will gain unless if he hires bonucci's motivation coach.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Unfortunately age catches up to everyone. I blame Max more for starting him. It's like the Juve way of scoring 1st goal and playing conservatively the rest of the way. Max knew Bazra was the safe choice. Played not to lose instead of going for the win. Plus I know Barza hadn't played much of late but playing a guy 36 (going on 37 soon) and expecting 180 quality minutes out of him in 4 days didn't make sense to me.
Did you just reply to yourself? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I think Rugani is showing lack of confidence. The more he plays consistently the more confidence he will gain unless if he hires bonucci's motivation coach.
He had a large spell this fall when he was the starter for like 8-9 games straight and he ended up losing the battle for pecking order. If he stays, he'll have his chance again next year, but it's up to him to take his chances.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
He wasn't great, but reading this thread almost makes you feel as if he was as bad as Chiellini.
He was definitely not. Barzagli's problem is only age and physicality but not intelligence or decision making. Unlike Chiellini.

Chiellini has become cancerous since he entered his 30s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)