Andrea Barzagli (31 Viewers)

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
what is the use of signing this finished player? Can't marotta see that we need fullbacks not CBs?!! And even if they signed him as a sub,he is still taking the place of the promising young CBs we already have like Sorensen for example.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
In what way is Barzagli finished?

At 29, he is just as mediocre as he has always been.
So according to you age is the measure to decide whether a player is finished or not?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.Zanetti is 37,yet he is not finished.Alessandro Del piero in 08 won the Capocannonieri at the age of 33.

In the other side,Adriano at age of 28 = finished player
Gattuso in the past was one of the best defensive midfielders in the world,2 or 3 years back got finished when he was not even 30 yet.Have you ever heard of Patrick Kluivert? Do you know at what age he started to fade? or shall i tell you?

No sir you are wrong,age doesn't decide whether a player is finished or not.

Mar 30, 2006
I don't get why people are not happy to get Barzagli for 300 000 Euro. That is a really great buy. He will not be a starter and we really needed a decent defender on the bench incase something happens to the starters.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I don't get why people are not happy to get Barzagli for 300 000 Euro. That is a really great buy. He will not be a starter and we really needed a decent defender on the bench incase something happens to the starters.
Maybe it's because we don't need an extra bench player.
Maybe it's because we do need someone who improves the team.
Maybe it's because he's not even better than the guy he's going to replace.
Maybe it's because this money (even though it's not that much) could have been spent more wisely.
Or maybe we're all just pessimists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)