Andrea Barzagli (9 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes, also the whole Floro Flores thing that was for real and not just a rumour.

If Pepe is a "very good signing" then I guess we've either completely lost our standards or it just doesn't take too much to be considered as a very good signing. Pepe is irrelevant, he doesn't offer too much and the team wouldn't notice his absence.
why the hate?

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I know, but I wouldn't use them all as examples to defend Marotta's success. By Moggi's standard; these transfers truly were shit even though they can be considered relatively good players. I, and I'm sure many members in this forum, have a very high standard for what kind of players join this team, you can thank Moggi for that.

So even though; it's reasonable to say that the players we bought might be good for the future; we don't have the time or the resources to wait for later success. It's not about being reasonable, however, it's about wanting to win at all costs no matter how absurd. That's how championship teams are made; when nothing is compromised.
Times have changed. Juve aren't on the same level as we once were. Under Marotta and Delneri, I think we're heading in the right direction though.

You say we don't have the resources to wait for later success. I don't understand what you mean by that. We don't have the resources for immediate success (if success is scudetto/latter stages of CL) but I believe we're building a solid foundation for future success.

Jun 13, 2007
Times have changed. Juve aren't on the same level as we once were. Under Marotta and Delneri, I think we're heading in the right direction though.

You say we don't have the resources to wait for later success. I don't understand what you mean by that. We don't have the resources for immediate success (if success is scudetto/latter stages of CL) but I believe we're building a solid foundation for future success.
What I'm saying is we can't have future success without making sure we achieve success now.(C.L spot, Scudetto etc..)

Why do rich countries achieve faster economic growth than poor countries? Because rich countries have the resources to do that.

If we continue to do what we're doing, which is gradually getting better at pedestrian pace; then before we know it, teams like Milan and Inter(the rich countries) are several levels above us and we can never get to them anymore.

Why do you say we aren't on the same level? Why not?
We finished third after our first season back from Serie B and second the season after that. We had difference makers back then.
We didn't have a great overall squad, but we had players like Alex, Trezeguet, Nedved, and Zanetti who were carrying the team on their shoulders.

We have a better squad now and we're struggling at 6th place halfway into the season.

Why? Serie A isn't that good of a league to be honest, and I don't think it was much better than it was 2 years ago. We're sruggling because we don't have key players anymore who show up every single time. It's funny because we play more attractive football but we don't get the result. Krasic and Aquilani can't do it all on their own now, and even they aren't as consistent as we need them to be. Del piero is 36 years old and he's still our best shot, and that's another problem.

I just think that the money we spent could have been used better. When you spend over 100 Million Euros on a squad over the course of two seasons, you expect them to be better, not worse.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
If we had signed Van Bommel, people here would be furious.
So freaking true.
People in here always go like "IF we would have signed that superb player that the other team got(he's gotta be superb since he made this one freaking awesome assist in his first game!!!!!!!!!111one) , I would totally shut my mouth and just be happy about it". Yeah right.
Would be the same if we get Neymar, he turns out to be utter shit and the "people" would go "yeah, told ya guys in the first place. we should have gotten cassano. But this whole forum won't listen to me and especially not this Marotta guy. Screw Juventus."

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Grass is greener syndrome, happens in all walks of life.

What I'm saying is we can't have future success without making sure we achieve success now.(C.L spot, Scudetto etc..)
Not sure I agree here, the scudetto would be success, not something to look for in the future. You don't win the scudetto to win the scudetto, if you know what I mean. If we get to that point we can say we have made it back to the pinnacle. For us to get CL now would be a good step, then to real future success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)